Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    to be fair, nor tyrande nor the sentinels were depicted as patients. they saw orcs, they mass ambushed orcs. malfurion is mia, tyrande run and is instantly ambushed by the scourge. tyrande want free illidan, she instantly murder the wardens.

being an immortal race, living for more than 10000 years blatanty didnt teach anything, by design
    You have a good point.
    But my idea remains the same. When the fantasy of power of one group ruins that of another group. It is when that displeasure begins to generate towards the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    No I do, actually. A character without weakness, able to accomplish all tasks and overcome all obstacles set before them. You use combat examples as your only basis for this, which is misguided, friendo.

Furthermore, your post is rather unpleasant. Why don't you cut out the "you don't know what you're talking about" attitude and speak to me like I'm an adult? You come off as rude, which is funny considering you're wrong.

By the way, mass rez has been used since WC3. Paladins use it in that game. If Anduin, one of the most powerful Priests on Azeroth, should not be able to use it then who should?

In regards to your reply to another person, why does an example of a power being used by one character and not by another automatically define who's stronger? Velen purifies Fel corrupted ground on the Exodar with no effort whatsoever while levitating above you at incredible speed. His AU version created a massive Light barrier to protect Karabor from the Iron Horde's non-stop barrage of iron stars and shit. And iirc, it lasted until the Dark Star came and destroyed it.... A fallen Naaru, a Void God.
    Paladins rezing people in WC3 is a game mechanic and not a lore mechanic. Just resurrecting ONE person in lore was a big deal but Anduin can do it to an entire battalion? Yeah no.

As for Velen's abilities, sure that's strong but it's not resurrecting a massive amount of people on a battlefield strong. And blocking attacks with a bubble is strong but not as strong as the resurrection of a battalion strong.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Paladins rezing people in WC3 is a game mechanic and not a lore mechanic. Just resurrecting ONE person in lore was a big deal but Anduin can do it to an entire battalion? Yeah no.

As for Velen's abilities, sure that's strong but it's not resurrecting a massive amount of people on a battlefield strong. And blocking attacks with a bubble is strong but not as strong as the resurrection of a battalion strong.
    And who gave you the power to differentiate game mechanics from lore mechanics? Unless stated otherwise, the abilities used by characters in WC3 are canon. Jaina used mass teleport in a WC3 cinematic, so it's safe to say she can use that ability in canon. Therefore you can't say that Uther and other Silver Hand Paladins from the Third War can't use mass resurrect. You're trying to dictate canon in order to prove your point which holds no water.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    UGHHHH...Ishnu-alah, weary traveller ! (ミዋ ﻌ ዋミ)
    <3

/10characters
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Anduin is one of the few characters in the story WITH a story and growth.

And you complain about Mary Sue? This is fantasy. EVERY character is a Mary Sue if need be.
    Ironically the game goes into a direction where he is exactly not a Mary Sue.

But hey people like to complain here so much. Heavens this forum gets more cancerous every year.

And sure. Everything is about the alliance... not like it is about the horde leadership day in and day out. And i play horde btw. No side is favoured.

Jaina is one of the if not the most powerful mage in the current wow universe. Of course she takes the whole maw thing better than a depowerd shaman and whatever baine is.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take him over Jaina any day of the week. Her story and her mother were serious bullpucky.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Anduin is one of the few characters in the story WITH a story and growth.
    His only growth is that first he only told his dad what to do, then to the entire Alliance, and now to both Alliance and Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'll take him over Jaina any day of the week. Her story and her mother were serious bullpucky.
    Yet some people call her "the best written character" in WoW, go figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Medan is one of the worst characters in WoW Anduin is no where close to the worst

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Being consistently one dimensional =/= well written.
    One dimensional how?

Anduin is maybe the most consistently written character with the clearest character arc. Since Cataclysm they have been building him in one direction and paying off what they set up. Honestly, I think he may be the closest thing the story has to a central character, too. I'm not going to get into the argument over if he is a Mary Sue type or not because, for one, I don't think he really is, and two, a lot of characters in WoW can be argued as being one because, well, mostly Blizzard is trash at character development.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Medan is one of the worst characters in WoW Anduin is no where close to the worst
    Good thing that Med'an has been pretty much 404'd (literally) off canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    One dimensional how?
    Goody goody two shoes, can't do anything wrong (and if he ever does it doesn't matter because the story ignores it), everyone loves him and cannot question him without being tagged as unreasonable/edgy/evil, completely undeserved position, etc.

And who gave you the power to differentiate game mechanics from lore mechanics? Unless stated otherwise, the abilities used by characters in WC3 are canon. Jaina used mass teleport in a WC3 cinematic, so it's safe to say she can use that ability in canon. Therefore you can't say that Uther and other Silver Hand Paladins from the Third War can't use mass resurrect. You're trying to dictate canon in order to prove your point which holds no water.
    Lol it's widely accepted that game mechanics =/= lore. In the lore, resurrection is a HUGE deal. So saying that it's canonical that people can just resurrect people all the time is ridiculous because if resurrection was as easy as it is with game mechanics then all the dead lore NPCs would still be alive.

3+ Year Old Account
    Lol it's widely accepted that game mechanics =/= lore. In the lore, resurrection is a HUGE deal. So saying that it's canonical that people can just resurrect people all the time is ridiculous because if resurrection was as easy as it is with game mechanics then all the dead lore NPCs would still be alive.
    I'd like to see your source!

The idea of Anduin being a compassionate leader is a good one, but I agree the overall execution could be done better.

I love the idea of him being a priest, a total opposite of Sylvanus... literally. Showing that it has always been good vs evil. I like it that way, as someone who plays both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What lies about collusion has the bag bad media told? From what I've seen, they report and discuss the fact that there are investigations into whether there was collusion. Which, ya know, is true.
    Remember, even the Nazis had followers, and this is why.

It's been said numerous times at Blizzcons and also outside of Blizzcons. You are literally the ONLY person who believes that game mechanics = lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that title is already given to Sylvanas. and if you don't think Sylvanas is a mary sue then I don't think you know what a mary sue is used for.

Anduin might be annoying sometimes with his holier-than-thou and really boring lawful good moral alignment but he is far from a badly written or flawless character. it should be noted that while the character himself is sound, there needs to be more tension among the alliance, for instance among the Stormwind nobility, putting a character like Anduin in the midst of that tension and watching how it unfolds is what makes a story interesting. Blizzard seems to focus solely on a few set of characters at a time, giving the impression that the rest of the world (of warcraft ) is in isolation from the new developments.

3+ Year Old Account

we also have Tauren reincarnation and resurrection, and it was even showcased in Rexxar campaign where you used Bovan Windtotem and his Spirit Walkers to revive dead Taurens on that mission to rescue Baine

but for some reason it was never shown in WoW. Perhaps it was just to show the importance of Spirit Walkers in melee?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    He is the worst written character since 1994.He occupies a lot of story resources.

EVERY character will eventually serve this boring Mary Sue.

-----------------------

lol,Alliance fans... of course you like Anduin,but don't forget how you used to treat Thrall.Remember guys when people used to complain how Thrall was a Mary Sue for being a powerful shaman? I wish that people were complaining now about Jaina Tyande and Anduin getting DBZ powers.BTW,Sylvanas is no longer Horde character after 8.25.

“Green Jesus this...Green Jesus that...” "Mary Sue" “Horder bias” “blizz favor horde too much” “why quest with horde npc?”"Why am I going to save Horde leader"...

you compained over and over again during cata.

after that?

Khadgar---Whitehair Jesus(6.0 pre-patch 6.2)
    Velen---WhiteBeard Jesus(7.2 7.3)
    Malfurion---GreenBeard Jesus(7.0)
    Turalyon---Light Jesus(7.3)
    Alleria---Void Jesus(7.3)
    Tyrande---Moon Jesus(7.0)
    Magni---Diamond Jesus(BfA)
    Now we have Anduin---Jesus of Jesuses
    Everyone looks like The boy king's servant.

since the Shadowland pre-patch, all 3 alliance leader show feat of strength while the horde leader just got beat over and over…We go in the maw,we found Jaina all good fighting them while Baine and Thrall are just powerless.Finally the Jailer attack them and once again the horde leader got beat while Anduin got a ‘‘heroic’’ moment.

--------------------------

Thrall had never been involved in Alliance affairs.
    There was no Alliance leaders around him and SERVE him.

Now every Horde leader is Anduin's bxxch,even THE GREAT THRALL. How ironic.
    Sorry, but you’re not making sense. How does that make Anduin himself a cancer?

I like him, he is fine, I’m not gonna blame a fictional character for the reason all other characters are been intentionally written by him. That’s not his fault. Nor is it the character’s fault.

If you think how they’ve handled it is bad, then that’s a writing criticism, not character.

Sounds like alliance bashing and blaming for all the things you don’t like in the horde.

But it’s not the alliance’s fault that the horde had turned into the alliance with a council of goodly meaning intentioned people. While the alliance has become led by a war chief single leader.

5+ Year Old Account
    Too bad that e.g. Cairne didn't use his resurrection ultimate when he was killed during the Mak'gora with Garry. And why didn't e.g. Liadrin just resurrect Vol'jin instead of just letting him go down? Maybe Genn could have summoned one of his priests to resurrect his son, instead of simply burying him. C'mon.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    And why didn't e.g. Liadrin just resurrect Vol'jin instead of just letting him go down? Maybe Genn could have summoned one of his priests to resurrect his son, instead of simply burying him. C'mon.
    I mean you can't resurrect heroes lol
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.