Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    OK hear me out on this one because it may take some thinking hardly to understand but it makes perfect sense to me (and you) once you see what I'm talking about.

So its no hidden fact that most Western cultures view a slender body as more attractive than one that is chubby or even fat. Yes some cultures (ie Latin or black cultures) may view certain parts of the female anatomy as more desirable (ie fuller hips or asses) but the majority of Western cultures see women who aren't "skinny" as unattractive because they are "fat". World of Warcraft is a game that primarily has been developed in a Western culture company even though the game is a globally played game reaching many different cultures. More specifically World of Warcraft is a game developed by Americans that gets a worldwide release to players but is in the end developed by an American company. No one can argue that the American culture is all about fat shaming anyone who doesn't fit into the "fit" category.

That being said, let's take a look at some interesting facts about the game. Jaina Proudmoore, Katherine Proudmoore, Daelin Proudmoore, Tandred Proudmoore, and Derek Proudmoore are all Kul Tiran not Stormwind/Lordaeron humans. Not one of them use the Kul Tiran models at all. Jaina can be excused as she has been in the game since vanilla and there were no different body model types for Kul Tiran vs Stormwind/Lordaeron humans. The rest didn't arrive in the actual game (not speaking lore but in the game itself) until BFA when the Kul Tiran had already been established. Yes I could understand a possible need or desire to have the men appear to be more fit like the Stormwind/Lordaeron human men instead of the chubby Kul Tiran men but why not have Katherine at least have the body style of a female Kul Tiran. I'm not saying they needed to go all chubby like Priscilla Ashvane since she has her own unique character model which oddly enough is chubbier than a female Kul Tiran while the leaders and offspring of the leaders of the Kul Tiran are all more slender built.

So do you think that the Proudmoore family who are Kul Tiran don't use the Kul Tiran character models because of a fat bias that the developers at Blizzard have given they have Western beliefs because of them being Americans?

Just wanted to give a thought on the text I updated to bold type. I noticed this to, thought it was somewhat strange. That is until I started to think what kind of a person Lady Ashvane was. She was using her position to further her power and rank in Boralus, KT and the Proudmoore court. I think this was meant to be a simple visual device to show how Lady Ashvane has benefited from her position and machinations. That she had a greed for power rather than the simplistic view of "oh shes fat and therefore must be evil"

As for your baseline question. No. I dont. I think they used the models they did so the Proudmoore family would have a uniform look. In reality are all families bodies the same? No. But (and off into the weeds we go), generally speaking what your parentage looks like, is how you will look like due to simple genetics. Jaina has been somewhat slim from "GO" in this game, and she has gotten more... soft lets say, over time. But it informed the player base's expectations of what the rest of her family would look like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Flynn fairwind is also a kul tiran, and on the lighter side. To be honest, Kul Tirans seem to be one of the more diverse factions when it comes to body size and shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Weren't you actually wasting your time on other not important non-issues on this forum?

That's right.
    Well I guess you're right, spending time here responding to the likes of you/Mehrunes (only see him when someone quotes his shit, thank Tech) could be considered a massive waste of time.

Sadly, as I'm done with caring for 3 elderly and sickly people in the extended family for the day, once again risking contracting covid as an at risk person myself, I have a sacred few hours to waste until the on-call and extremely unpredictable and not at all paid night shift begins. So I decided to waste these 10 seconds on your ass, in-between everything else as there's something called multi-tasking.

Won't happen again, so don't worry. I'm honoring my principle.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-26 at 03:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There’s definitely people that like to play a “sexy” character, but there’s also people like me—a woman—that loves playing my chubby Pandaren female.

As long as there’s options, people are happy.
    Thicc ladies are the best ladies.

But I was referring to the marketing aspect. The 'sexy' characters are used way more and it shown in Blizzard products with a few exceptions like the Diablo 3 Barbarian and some Overwatch characters
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Sadly, as I'm done with caring for 3 elderly and sickly people in the extended family for the day, once again risking contracting covid as an at risk person myself, I have a sacred few hours to waste until the on-call and extremely unpredictable and not at all paid night shift begins. So I decided to waste these 10 seconds on your ass.

Won't happen again, so don't worry. I'm honoring my principle.
    Are you playing here the victim card? Are you saying that you cannot do any other activities than sitting on the forum? That's sad.

I am sorry and I hope you will sort it out soon enough. Good luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Males are. Females are severly lacking in muscular arms. Althought that seems to be an issue with every female model in wow except maaaaaaybe orcs
    Seeing those female Maldraxxi Gladiators (those who use female KT model)... thats how their arms, legs and all should've looked like. It actually looks muscular, and suits the torso far better.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Nice logic. You get 10 victim points
    +10 from me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    There’s definitely people that like to play a “sexy” character, but there’s also people like me—a woman—that loves playing my chubby Pandaren female.

As long as there’s options, people are happy.
    Female Pandaren melee animations are on point. Out of my 4 rogues where 2 are "sexy" (female belf and human) and 2 are "uggos" (Female gobbo and panda), I'll always be happiest with the "uggos" for their fun character and animations.

Sex sells, for sure, but not everyone, male or female, care about sexual attraction to their avatars in a PG13 game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Seeing those female Maldraxxi Gladiators (those who use female KT model)... thats how their arms, legs and all should've looked like. It actually looks muscular, and suits the torso far better.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=174040/m...ewer:1:95964:0

I agree, that actually looks pretty damned good.

Maybe one day, when they allow "body types" on a larger scale, so to speak.

How is it possible for player characters to get fat anyway? They are constantly jumping, fighting, running, swimming and not sitting in front of a PC for 5 hours on end with a resting heart rate bitching on videogame forum.

Maybe they don't have those famous big bones?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=174040/m...ewer:1:95964:0

I agree, that actually looks pretty damned good.

Maybe one day, when they allow "body types" on a larger scale, so to speak.
    Right!?

One of my biggest gripes with some female races (human, KT, and even dwarf) is how weak and slim their arms are. It doesnt even suit their bodies at all..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a valid point, I would've thought atleast her mother would use the bigger model with being ruler and all.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Right!?

One of my biggest gripes with some female races (human, KT, and even dwarf) is how weak and slim their arms are. It doesnt even suit their bodies at all..
    Well, damn... Now that you've mentioned how it is, I see it too.

Female Orc really does rule the roost in terms of actually looking like fighters. Body type options to make characters more caster-esque or suit the label of Warrior would be an amazing addition to the game!

7+ Year Old Account
    100% agreed. The female Maldraxxi look good

For a dead person, I mean
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    What. No I don't think for a second that they went "Oh we should make sure Katherine and Daelin look thin because we hate fat people and are American". You must be really bored to come up with such a take.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of the skinny or fat kul titans are important/major characters.

The point is, message blizz is giving here is that fat = bad people (Priscilla) and sexy = good people (Proudmoores).
    Well shit son that kinda classification falls apart when you consider that Daelin and Lord Stormsong that the game considers to be 'bad people' are both using the "sexy" human model. You know two of the most prominently discussed characters in BfA's leveling who did some of the worst things?

Also it's something like four years late for that take considering they made Teron into Gorefiend who is literally a giant fat gluttonous mass of flesh that devours souls in WoD. Plus I'm sure there's some take on abominations, ogres or something or other from years ago that fit that poorly conceived idea.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    realized that one of their racial abilities is a massive punch that literally pushes back and stuns enemies, which an obese man can't do.
    What in the holy shit are you talking about? Can normal weight people push other humans yards back and stun them with a single punch? Do you live in reality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic, but I recently made a new character and started questing again in Kultiras, and man I forgot how awesome that place is. So much better than what we’re getting in the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It seems very strange to expect that the family of Daelin and Jaina (both fron WC3) would have a different body type from their family, especially since Kul Tirans feature anything between skinny and fat, and the fat variety specifically has been implied to be more closely related to the Drust, which in turn are just weirder Vrykul.
    To me it seems very strange that there is someone out there that actually care about these things.

It’s a freakin MMORPG, just pick whatever combo race/class you like and play, it’s just a game to relax in the evening after a working day, no less, no more.

I would not overthink too much honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    What in the holy shit are you talking about? Can normal weight people push other humans yards back and stun them with a single punch? Do you live in reality?
    I mean... I can do that, I just dont wanna show it.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    1) You're the one who doesn't live in reality if you can't even act in a polite way.

2) The Kul Tiran racial pushes enemies away in a long distance.

3) I didn't know people irl could push away and stun literal dragons or robots.

Well I guess you're right, spending time here responding to the likes of you/Mehrunes (only see him when someone quotes his shit, thank Tech) could be considered a massive waste of time.
    Oh noes, you put me and "my shit" on ignore. Whatever will I do. Never mind that you putting me on ignore (and then deciding it's something to brag about) after I pointed out things like your stark double think of dismissing people who thought BfA was worse than WoD as somehow objectively wrong (because your constant attempts at harping on muh WoW haters are so desperate you had to flush the concept of subjective opinions down the drain; plus I'm pretty sure you defended WoW during WoD as usual) on one hand, all the while condemning muh WoW haters for presenting their issues with the game as objective facts only shows how, if there's any "shit" involved here, it'd be your posts. And that you had to coddle yourself in a safe space, because you couldn't rationally defend such fallacious positions.

Sadly, as I'm done with caring for 3 elderly and sickly people in the extended family for the day, once again risking contracting covid as an at risk person myself, I have a sacred few hours to waste until the on-call and extremely unpredictable and not at all paid night shift begins. So I decided to waste these 10 seconds on your ass, in-between everything else as there's something called multi-tasking.
    Ah, there is something called multitasking? Fascinating. So, do you have a monopoly on the concept, or are you admitting here that your attempt at dissing people in your original post was still a bunch of hypocritical bullshit, despite your attempts at masking this with all the holy indignation and pretentiousness of the rest of your post??

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Are you playing here the victim card?
    Well, she can multitask after all /s

OT: To the poster that I'm sure is once again posting about me:

Nope, but apparently you're very VERY busy following me around in various threads.

You're also so single-minded that you completely ignore any post I make that's critical, and there's been SO many this expansion, just to jump at calling me a fanboy whenever you get the chance. Pathetic behaviour at best, a bit scary at worst. Talk about self-righteousness and hypocritical manners.

Thanks to X for tipping me off to this behaviour.

That's all I have to say to said poster. If I'm wrong, it still belongs, but I got it on good authority that I'm not.

:End OT.
    Damn, talk about inflated feeling of (self) importance on yours and your valiant defender's part. First, responding to your posts isn't talking about you. Secondly, me opening a thread that popped up in "recent threads" and in which you just so happened to spread your typical fallacious defense of Blizzard kami-sama and then responding to that post does not even remotely constitute me following you, because you're not nearly as interesting as you may think.

Thirdly, given how other than that post my most recent reply to you that I could find is from March (and the one before that was from the start of January), even if I was following you (just lol), if that passes for busy in your mind, then I'm sorry to say, you've been using that word incorrectly. Fourthly, in the same vein, replying to you in four threads this year when you've been active pretty much all the time is not "calling you a fanboy whenever I get the chance", because words mean things. Fifthly, you're the one dragging my replies from completely unrelated threads despite using a Chrome modification to block posts of ignored users entirely, so what you said here kinda applies to you.

As for your tale about you being critical, even if you put aside that you're oftentimes find a way to squeeze in a mitigating factor or play the devil's advocate when you're doing that and that your criticism is so mild that it's essentially nonexistent, it's not you being supposedly uncritical of Blizzard (which I have never said, but it's not like facts ever stopped you from constructing your legion of straw-men). It's, you know, everything else. I.e. your rampant hypocrisy, double standards and logical fallacies that you somehow have to constantly employ when defending Blizzard..

Because let's look at the areas of BfA you're so critical of (and that I'm not "completely ignoring"), like certain parts of its story. What happens the moment someone is critical of other parts of the story? It's yer a hater Harry o'clock time. Or the aforementioned example of you lambasting the haters for treating their grievances with WoW as objective fact, while you do the same with your opinions all the time.

Vide the story bit again, where people criticizing the parts of the story you didn't dislike are haters, but you criticizing the story bits you didn't like is A-OK. Or you using examples of people calling BfA to be worse than WoD in one of your gotcha sigs as "evidence" of the haters being completely unreasonable, which would only make sense if WoD being worse than BfA was an objective fact and not just your opinion based on your priorities about the game. As for fallacies, you kindly quoted me pointing out one already.

And speaking of your signatures, if you want to convince people that me pointing out the fallacious manner of defense of Blizzard is misguided, perhaps constantly making signatures about owning dem haters with some gotcha, no matter how weak it is, is not the way to do it. Food for thought.

So, X, please do use your good authority for something actually productive rather than conjuring a case of me supposedly following your hamster pal around from one of my two replies to her in 8 months and do pass this along.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-11-26 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.