Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    realized that one of their racial abilities is a massive punch that literally pushes back and stuns enemies, which an obese man can't do.
    What in the holy shit are you talking about? Can normal weight people push other humans yards back and stun them with a single punch? Do you live in reality?

  2. #82
    The Insane Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    18,130
    Off topic, but I recently made a new character and started questing again in Kultiras, and man I forgot how awesome that place is. So much better than what we’re getting in the current expansion.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It seems very strange to expect that the family of Daelin and Jaina (both fron WC3) would have a different body type from their family, especially since Kul Tirans feature anything between skinny and fat, and the fat variety specifically has been implied to be more closely related to the Drust, which in turn are just weirder Vrykul.
    To me it seems very strange that there is someone out there that actually care about these things.

    It’s a freakin MMORPG, just pick whatever combo race/class you like and play, it’s just a game to relax in the evening after a working day, no less, no more.

    I would not overthink too much honestly.

  4. #84
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    What in the holy shit are you talking about? Can normal weight people push other humans yards back and stun them with a single punch? Do you live in reality?
    I mean... I can do that, I just dont wanna show it.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    What in the holy shit are you talking about? Can normal weight people push other humans yards back and stun them with a single punch? Do you live in reality?
    1) You're the one who doesn't live in reality if you can't even act in a polite way.

    2) The Kul Tiran racial pushes enemies away in a long distance.

    3) I didn't know people irl could push away and stun literal dragons or robots.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well I guess you're right, spending time here responding to the likes of you/Mehrunes (only see him when someone quotes his shit, thank Tech) could be considered a massive waste of time.
    Oh noes, you put me and "my shit" on ignore. Whatever will I do. Never mind that you putting me on ignore (and then deciding it's something to brag about) after I pointed out things like your stark double think of dismissing people who thought BfA was worse than WoD as somehow objectively wrong (because your constant attempts at harping on muh WoW haters are so desperate you had to flush the concept of subjective opinions down the drain; plus I'm pretty sure you defended WoW during WoD as usual) on one hand, all the while condemning muh WoW haters for presenting their issues with the game as objective facts only shows how, if there's any "shit" involved here, it'd be your posts. And that you had to coddle yourself in a safe space, because you couldn't rationally defend such fallacious positions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Sadly, as I'm done with caring for 3 elderly and sickly people in the extended family for the day, once again risking contracting covid as an at risk person myself, I have a sacred few hours to waste until the on-call and extremely unpredictable and not at all paid night shift begins. So I decided to waste these 10 seconds on your ass, in-between everything else as there's something called multi-tasking.
    Ah, there is something called multitasking? Fascinating. So, do you have a monopoly on the concept, or are you admitting here that your attempt at dissing people in your original post was still a bunch of hypocritical bullshit, despite your attempts at masking this with all the holy indignation and pretentiousness of the rest of your post??


    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Are you playing here the victim card?
    Well, she can multitask after all /s


    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    OT: To the poster that I'm sure is once again posting about me:

    Nope, but apparently you're very VERY busy following me around in various threads.

    You're also so single-minded that you completely ignore any post I make that's critical, and there's been SO many this expansion, just to jump at calling me a fanboy whenever you get the chance. Pathetic behaviour at best, a bit scary at worst. Talk about self-righteousness and hypocritical manners.

    Thanks to X for tipping me off to this behaviour.
    _____________________________________________

    That's all I have to say to said poster. If I'm wrong, it still belongs, but I got it on good authority that I'm not.


    :End OT.
    Damn, talk about inflated feeling of (self) importance on yours and your valiant defender's part. First, responding to your posts isn't talking about you. Secondly, me opening a thread that popped up in "recent threads" and in which you just so happened to spread your typical fallacious defense of Blizzard kami-sama and then responding to that post does not even remotely constitute me following you, because you're not nearly as interesting as you may think.

    Thirdly, given how other than that post my most recent reply to you that I could find is from March (and the one before that was from the start of January), even if I was following you (just lol), if that passes for busy in your mind, then I'm sorry to say, you've been using that word incorrectly. Fourthly, in the same vein, replying to you in four threads this year when you've been active pretty much all the time is not "calling you a fanboy whenever I get the chance", because words mean things. Fifthly, you're the one dragging my replies from completely unrelated threads despite using a Chrome modification to block posts of ignored users entirely, so what you said here kinda applies to you.

    As for your tale about you being critical, even if you put aside that you're oftentimes find a way to squeeze in a mitigating factor or play the devil's advocate when you're doing that and that your criticism is so mild that it's essentially nonexistent, it's not you being supposedly uncritical of Blizzard (which I have never said, but it's not like facts ever stopped you from constructing your legion of straw-men). It's, you know, everything else. I.e. your rampant hypocrisy, double standards and logical fallacies that you somehow have to constantly employ when defending Blizzard..

    Because let's look at the areas of BfA you're so critical of (and that I'm not "completely ignoring"), like certain parts of its story. What happens the moment someone is critical of other parts of the story? It's yer a hater Harry o'clock time. Or the aforementioned example of you lambasting the haters for treating their grievances with WoW as objective fact, while you do the same with your opinions all the time.

    Vide the story bit again, where people criticizing the parts of the story you didn't dislike are haters, but you criticizing the story bits you didn't like is A-OK. Or you using examples of people calling BfA to be worse than WoD in one of your gotcha sigs as "evidence" of the haters being completely unreasonable, which would only make sense if WoD being worse than BfA was an objective fact and not just your opinion based on your priorities about the game. As for fallacies, you kindly quoted me pointing out one already.

    And speaking of your signatures, if you want to convince people that me pointing out the fallacious manner of defense of Blizzard is misguided, perhaps constantly making signatures about owning dem haters with some gotcha, no matter how weak it is, is not the way to do it. Food for thought.

    So, X, please do use your good authority for something actually productive rather than conjuring a case of me supposedly following your hamster pal around from one of my two replies to her in 8 months and do pass this along.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-11-26 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Would you honestly say Cyron or Rosaline are as important as Jaina or Ashvane...? They are side characters at best.
    Cyrus is fairly important in the story, being the only reason that the Alliance is even able to stay in Kul Tiras and have the Kul Tirans join the Alliance rather than the PC just rotting away in prison, the primary one working against Ashvane, and the only reason the PC knows about or helps Drustvar or Stormsong.

  8. #88
    Kul 'Tiran are large and obese because of their Drust heritage. It stands to reason if we met 2 people in a family that don't have those traits that the rest of the family wouldn't have them either.

    And as far as I can remember there weren't any skinny meth humans in the family either. Clearly there is a bias against thin people !

  9. #89
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,849
    Skinny character face tanks a dragon: - Seems reasonable.
    Fat character punches another character some yards away, stunning them: - WHAT IS THIS MADNESS MUH REALISM REEEEEEE

    Seriously, people. It's.A.Game. And no matter how one slices it, most of the large Kul Tirans that we meet, are NOT evil. Most of the evil characters in this game, are dudebros and sexdolls, or animal races...

    I do be wanting better muscle tone on female KT though...

    OT: To the poster that I'm sure is once again posting about me:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Aren't you too busy with writing down the mathematical formula proving how SL is already the greatest expansion to any game ever and that Blizzard is god to have enough time to spare to straw-man the OP like that? Or is it just so obvious that the formula basically writes itself?

    And for the record, I don't even agree with the OP.
    Nope, but apparently you're very VERY busy following me around in various threads.

    You're also so single-minded that you completely ignore any post I make that's critical, and there's been SO many this expansion, just to jump at calling me a fanboy whenever you get the chance. Pathetic behaviour at best, a bit scary at worst. Talk about self-righteousness and hypocritical manners.

    Thanks to X for tipping me off to this behaviour.
    _____________________________________________

    That's all I have to say to said poster. If I'm wrong, it still belongs, but I got it on good authority that I'm not.


    :End OT.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-11-26 at 06:25 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Current count of Full/High pop WoW servers: 85 in EU alone. That's an increase from the last count.

  10. #90

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of the skinny or fat kul titans are important/major characters.

    The point is, message blizz is giving here is that fat = bad people (Priscilla) and sexy = good people (Proudmoores).
    It's reaching at best it only portrays that message if that's the meaning you're looking for.

    Similar how someone searching for meaning might see a rainbow and interpret it as an act of some higher power. Its a rainbow.

  11. #91
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalatoby View Post
    If you take a walk around Boralus, you'll also find Kul Tiran NPC's that are skinnier than the normal human player characters.

    Your point is invalid.
    And the skinnier KT is something players hoped would be released along with the chubby version as an option to have in customization (like straight back orc vs slouched orc). Even using your own logic that the ultra skinny KT exist, the Proudmoore family still doesn't use any version of the KT since they don't have the ultra skinny version of the KT either. Katherine Proudmoore would have been the easiest Proudmoore to use a KT body type and they chose instead to give her a Stormwind human body type.

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    None of the skinny or fat kul titans are important/major characters.

    The point is, message blizz is giving here is that fat = bad people (Priscilla) and sexy = good people (Proudmoores).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's simple. People want to take their lore characters seriously and generally want them to be good-looking. Also Tirasians aren't biologically different from Stormwind humans. They're just another human Kingdom. They only gave them an alternate model so Blizzard could sell them as an allied race. Every Tirasian character that appeared in the lore prior to BfA also wasn't obese.
    The KT characters that appeared in WoW before BFA used the Stormwind human model because Blizzard hadn't decided to add KT into the game let alone add a chubbier version of a human model into the game giving it the name KT. Katherine Proudmoore was never portrayed in the game prior to BFA and she's very KT yet she still uses the Stormwind human model instead of the female KT model. They could have easily given her the KT model as it would have made sense and actually tied the aesthetic of the KT more into the Allied Race than using a Stormwind female model on her instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I mean it's a fantasy world where everyone's jacked so I don't know if ugly humans exist? Ashmane I guess?

    Edit: not ashmane, the antagonist woman from BfA, I didn't play it
    Her name was Ashvane but you were very close in what you called her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You know very well what kind of image society (and the rude OP) has of "fat/obese people".
    Um how am I being rude in pointing out obvious things? Also for many years I was a fat person so any image of fat/obese people I have is based on my own experience as being one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Kul’ Tiran, to me, aren’t fat.

    And I like variety in a game.
    True but for sake of argument I went with the word "fat" to differentiate between the thinner Stormwind human body type and what the KT were released with to be able to make as a character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It's a valid point, I would've thought atleast her mother would use the bigger model with being ruler and all.
    Of the Proudmoore family, Katherine would make the most sense to use the bigger model than a Stormwind human model. She was never shown in game anywhere. She is a KT. She lives in KT. The most obvious logic would be for her to look like the KT that the players got to make during BFA when KT got released. Instead, Blizzard decided to give her the basic Stormwind human model.

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    And as far as I can remember there weren't any skinny meth humans in the family either. Clearly there is a bias against thin people !
    And the ultra skinny version of KT is something people wanted as well for the playable Allied Race. People wanted the option of the fatter one or the thinner one. Blizzard chose to give the players the fatter one not the skinnier one. That's kind of the point too. The ultra skinny and the fatter KT still do not match what the Proudmoore family looks like.

  12. #92
    Use your eyeballs next time you go outside; you'll be shocked to find that humans are diverse and don't all have hourglass shaped bodies.

    Hah, who am I kidding... outside.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

    And the ultra skinny version of KT is something people wanted as well for the playable Allied Race. People wanted the option of the fatter one or the thinner one. Blizzard chose to give the players the fatter one not the skinnier one. That's kind of the point too. The ultra skinny and the fatter KT still do not match what the Proudmoore family looks like.
    People didn't want skinny humans or morbidly obese human giants as options at least not at first. People wanted Vykrul but blizzard wanted a big fat model for future races. People then hoped we would get both options when Blizzard told us what crap we ere getting. And we already knew what multiple Proudmoore family members looked like it would be silly to assume 2 out of 5 of them were magically half overweight giants when the other 3 weren't.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    Use your eyeballs next time you go outside; you'll be shocked to find that humans are diverse and don't all have hourglass shaped bodies.

    Hah, who am I kidding... outside.
    While true, that won't change the fact that 99,99% won't find fat people attractive.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    To me it seems very strange that there is someone out there that actually care about these things.

    It’s a freakin MMORPG, just pick whatever combo race/class you like and play, it’s just a game to relax in the evening after a working day, no less, no more.

    I would not overthink too much honestly.
    ...I'm literally explaining why things are the way they are, pretty much the opposite of overthinking.
    Also i'm not sure how the race/class comment relates to anything here, so i think that perhaps you took me for another or misunderstood my post.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    While true, that won't change the fact that 99,99% won't find fat people attractive.
    Depends on culture, local circumstances and it varies with time too.

    In some cultures it is considered attractive, and people with less certainty about food tend to be drawn to a lady who could outlast some hunger without serious damage. Lastly in ages past it was often viewed as a sign of wealth and attractiveness.

    Mind you that i do not mean to excuse unhealthily large people in any way, but it's ususlly best to be realistic about things and refrain from making overly wide statements with random percentages plucked from nowhere.

    Personally i'm not a fun of chubbiness either, but i've the luxury of a voracious energy appetite meaning i can easily lose weight.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Respect all, submit to none.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Nice logic but I'm not fat. Good try though.
    I never said you are fat. Usually the professional victims have nothing to do with the topic they campaign for. Look at any SJW...

  17. #97
    Immortal Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,322
    Although I think I get OP's point (slender Proudmoores = good, fat Ashvane = bad), it still seems a bit far-fetched. Although on second thought, Blizzard has been doing something like that since MoP: pretty Alliance = good, ugly Horde = bad.

    Somewhat off topic, but I really dig dem KT fatties. They're pretty much the only Alliance race (aside from Draenei) I can play without falling asleep on the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The Jailer's first ever appearance involved chucking him [Baine] off a cliff for being too shit to even qualify as a Maw trash mob.

  18. #98
    It would be pretty neat if Jaina was a quarter Vrykul/Drust, but I'm willing to bet that isn't the case.
    Would've been an interesting twist if the Proudmoores were related to Gorak Tul though.

  19. #99
    The Lightbringer Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    US Wyrmrest Accord
    Posts
    3,162
    I was thinking about this the other day actually. And what about Gallywix? Fat goblins would be awesome

  20. #100
    they are too woke for this. look we have 5 new major characters and 3 of them are females who are good and 2 of them are evil male characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •