Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Get gabbin' or get going.

Also, have you seen the models of the guards in Oribos? They are basically non-fat Kul Tirans.
    Hopefully they are enabling customization options for this race so it gets actually playable at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    I never said you are fat. Usually the professional victims have nothing to do with the topic they campaign for. Look at any SJW...
    So you made a conclusion that I'm a professional victim (meaning I get paid by someone? Lol) because I made a basic observation? Tin foil king much?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    OK hear me out on this one because it may take some thinking hardly to understand but it makes perfect sense to me (and you) once you see what I'm talking about.

So its no hidden fact that most Western cultures view a slender body as more attractive than one that is chubby or even fat. Yes some cultures (ie Latin or black cultures) may view certain parts of the female anatomy as more desirable (ie fuller hips or asses) but the majority of Western cultures see women who aren't "skinny" as unattractive because they are "fat". World of Warcraft is a game that primarily has been developed in a Western culture company even though the game is a globally played game reaching many different cultures. More specifically World of Warcraft is a game developed by Americans that gets a worldwide release to players but is in the end developed by an American company. No one can argue that the American culture is all about fat shaming anyone who doesn't fit into the "fit" category.

That being said, let's take a look at some interesting facts about the game. Jaina Proudmoore, Katherine Proudmoore, Daelin Proudmoore, Tandred Proudmoore, and Derek Proudmoore are all Kul Tiran not Stormwind/Lordaeron humans. Not one of them use the Kul Tiran models at all. Jaina can be excused as she has been in the game since vanilla and there were no different body model types for Kul Tiran vs Stormwind/Lordaeron humans. The rest didn't arrive in the actual game (not speaking lore but in the game itself) until BFA when the Kul Tiran had already been established. Yes I could understand a possible need or desire to have the men appear to be more fit like the Stormwind/Lordaeron human men instead of the chubby Kul Tiran men but why not have Katherine at least have the body style of a female Kul Tiran. I'm not saying they needed to go all chubby like Priscilla Ashvane since she has her own unique character model which oddly enough is chubbier than a female Kul Tiran while the leaders and offspring of the leaders of the Kul Tiran are all more slender built.

So do you think that the Proudmoore family who are Kul Tiran don't use the Kul Tiran character models because of a fat bias that the developers at Blizzard have given they have Western beliefs because of them being Americans?
    Bait thread aside, let me answer plainly:
    No, there is no fat bias or hate. In game, there are Kul Tirans who use the hardy model (let’s be honest it was described as a muscular NPC with fat over them to which most people compared them to powerlifters in real life). There are also Kul Tirans without the hardy model, such as the Proudmoores, amongst many others. If you want some names look up any of the Tidecaller NPCs in game, or Lord Stormsong, Knight Captain Valyri, Overseer Krogus, to name a few.
    What I’m stating is, not all Kul Tirans use the heavyset model. The player characters do as Blizzard also described this character being from Kul Tirans where they became hardy and big in size by sailing the seas and fighting sea monsters.

So, nice attempt at bait, but falls very flat when you actually consider the game.

This thread smells like bait, but I'll bite.

I've had a theory for a long time that the Kul Tirans that are giants (i.e., "fat") are the ones with a significant amount of Drust blood, enough to change their physical appearance. It's pretty uncommon for the higher families to have these traits--and in fact, only Ashvane does. It has nothing to do with 'fat bias', which is absolutely ridiculous.

This theory is unproven but it's supported by several things in game, such as every single Thornspeaker being a giant Kul Tiran, and the fact that the only kul tirans that would be able to use drust magic (i.e., druidism) would most likely be the ones with drust blood. Not to mention that these giant humans do not appear anywhere else on Azeroth.

That said this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So do you think that the Proudmoore family who are Kul Tiran don't use the Kul Tiran character models because of a fat bias that the developers at Blizzard have given they have Western beliefs because of them being Americans?
    ... really makes it obvious that you are just baiting a response. Given your Sylvanas post earlier that you barely even responded to, I'm convinced you're just bored and trying to make bait threads to rile people up. If so, you should get a hobby IMHO. If not, I don't know what to tell you... I can't fathom why anyone would assume this when they literally added the Kul tiran race as playable. How is this bias against them... lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Get gabbin' or get going.

Also, have you seen the models of the guards in Oribos? They are basically non-fat Kul Tirans.
    Hopefully they are enabling customization options for this race so it gets actually playable at some point.
    All they need to do is make it so standard humans have an alternative voice option... and they should do that anyways. They should add Gilnean voices while they are at it, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Alleria who looks more human is the leader of the Void Elves
    The Void elf PC can look like Alleria.

Devs are fat shaming? Hell yeah man, support 10/10.

Bait thread is also 5/7.

Question is vague at the end AF....

I mean xD...

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So you made a conclusion that I'm a professional victim (meaning I get paid by someone? Lol) because I made a basic observation? Tin foil king much?
    I made the conclusion because you think a game model is the proof of Blizzard hating and vilifying fat people. And you talk about tin foil king? Dude... the irony in your every single comment is trough the roof

Also, professional in a sense of you jumping at every given chance to play the victim and SJW, obviously no one need to pay, you'll do it for happily for free and for virtuesignaling and victim points. That's why i gave you 10 points already.

Kul Tiran models aren't merely fat, they're ripped, suggesting years of rough labor. The Proudmoores are an aristocrat family, so they wouldn't have needed to attend rough work like regular citizens, therefore it makes more sense to have the regular human model.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why do people call the Kul Tirans "fat"? I'm pretty sure they were inspired by the actor of the Mountain from GoT (one of the strongest men in the world), who evidently isn't fat. Try to tell the Mountain that he's fat and let's see how many seconds he gives you to run away.
    Because they are notably fat. The Kul Tiran men are like *almost* cool, but their belly is unnaturally round, like a literal basketball.

Frankly, they would look a LOT better if they just flattened the "roundness" of their torso a bit. I'm not saying "oh make them thin or shredded", but if you look at a Kul Tiran male head-on, and then again from the side, you'll notice a pretty large discrepancy.

I think the "big dudes" in Maldraxxus are a better example of the body-type a Kul Tiran ought to have. A lot of heavy, some extra weight sure, but still a believable body-type. The stomach alone of a Kul Tiran looks more like a pregnant women than a heavy-set man, and that's where I have my issue.

Having said all that, I still hold that Kul Tirans were a dogshit choice for an "Allied Race", and it makes ZERO sense why they would be SO much larger than a regular human.

This thread made me think...

That Priscilla is moving way to much and should definitely be sitting more, maybe with a bag of chips, you know for immersion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Void elf PC can look like Alleria.
    correct me if im wrong, but they now can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    This thread made me think...

That Priscilla is moving way to much and should definitely be sitting more, maybe with a bag of chips, you know for immersion.
    weirdly enough, i dont think of her as one of those bigger kultirans but just some fat lady xD

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dunno what my post has to do with this conclusion? Or are you just randomly quoting people?
    Well you described one side as sexy and the other as not so I kinda figured that fits the realm of “omg look at that coding she’s got 0’s in all the right places”

This entire thread is just a piss poor excuse for ppl to whine and using the fact the military and badass ppl on kultiras as some kinda excuse to make a post claiming fat shaming deserves ridicule

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    they are too woke for this. look we have 5 new major characters and 3 of them are females who are good and 2 of them are evil male characters.
    We don't know if the jailer has/had a willy though.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    While true, that won't change the fact that 99,99% won't find fat people attractive.
    [citation needed]