Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I had assumed they won’t make Goblins Monks because of their greedy nature and little care for the environment. They basically pollute Azeroth lol
    Muscles don't care for altruism or the environment. A Goblin can attain the same level of bodily mastery by punching a lot just like anyone else. All cultures have some level of fighting, and especially considering in the Goblin Slums of Kezan where everyone has to fight sometimes tooth and nail for every copper and often fight off goons who beat up and rough-house to enforce debt-collection it would be in a Goblin's best interest to try and learn some self-defense if not for themselves but also to maybe protect their assets and investments or clientele. When Bruisers come knocking, you gotta protect what's yours. Even if it means punching a few mooks - and everyone can punch and kick. It's not like Goblins can't be good people - they just like making money. Being good at punching, and making money while doing it? Well, that works out just fine. Now, I'm not saying there are underground fighting rings where Goblins bet a lot of money on who beats up who, but I also wouldn't be surprised at all to see it. And if we're strictly talking about the Pandaren type of monks, it's not like Goblins don't like brew - they show up every Brewfest and have a lot of history there, so mastering the drunken fist wouldn't be out of the question either. And it's not like Goblins won't get religious when it's in their best interests - Goblins sell faithful healing in businesses like the Airborne Priests, and I'm sure some Goblin can figure out how to sell medicinal herbal teas and acupuncture if not booze or even just a raw fist. There's a lot of profit to be had in learning to make your body a weapon - Gnomes have figured it out, Vulpera have figured it out, heck everyone else is making money on it. Chen Stormstout didn't just inherit a family fortune - it's a family business. And Goblins love business.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Worgen Paladin too!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it does seem pretty ridiculous that they don't have both at this point, given the very specific excuses involving animations before from Blizzard, which are surely now resolved.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

The reason they had for no goblin and worgen monks --which I used to agree with -- was that there were no Pandaren in the starting zones.

I understand it for Gilneas, but Kezan definitely could have had a traveling Pandaren, and they added a pandaren monk to every other race's Cataclysm racial starting zone, plus there's a new starting zone, so I really don't buy it anymore.

Also, I think it'd be neat if, when they add monks, Gilneas gets a Houjin and Kezan gets a Tushui pandaren, since the races are technically neutral before the end of the zone.

And why the Hell can't Lightforged be monks, anyway??

I guess devs forgot it.
    If any other race can be theres no reason these cant!

Just like there is no reason any race that can wield the light and have priests is unable to have paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please, it always bother me that the race that have claws and makes more sense as someone who only uses its fits/claws do not have the option.

This madness has to stop.

Ok go ahead.. Also remember to ask for Lightforged Draenei Warlocks, Mechagnome Shamans etc while you are at it.

No...

There should be minimal amount of class and race combinations to have racial uniqueness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    This madness has to stop.

Ok go ahead.. Also remember to ask for Lightforged Draenei Warlocks, Mechagnome Shamans etc while you are at it.

No...

There should be minimal amount of class and race combinations to have racial uniqueness.
    I mean... i do agree that it should be keep as "lore-friendly" as possible, and because of this, i can see the idea of not giving it to the Goblins, but the worgens? They literally end their starting zone with the whole idea of "balance of their feral nature and their civilized lifestyle"

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s more than just “punching”... it’s taking on the way of the Monk, which Goblins just don’t embody.

Though, I’m sure like most things in WoW, they could bend lore to fit them in.
    Well, define, "way of the monk," because where I stand it is just about mastery of body and chi - which anyone can do. I don't think being greedy gets in the way of mastering physical prowess or chi - at least, as much as any other vice that all the other races can suffer as much from as well (case in point, Forsaken and anger, or orcs and pride, or draenei and fear, and so on with violence, despair, etc.). All races are allowed to have emotions and to feel. If we weren't, even the Shado Pan monks in Pandaria wouldn't be as victim to the Sha as all the other classes are. And anyway, you're attributing your own projections onto what every single individual Goblin is like - we know some Goblins are good, like Gazlowe, and have at least some degree of ethics. Not everyone is Jastor Gallywix levels of evil. A lot of the Goblins in the Horde are good enough folks - they just prioritize making a living for themselves. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why goblins wouldn't have monks (even though they found an excuse to give them shamans, I struggle to find something like that for the monk class). But worgen? Now that models have been updated and lorewise, every race shares a starting zone that takes place long after Gilneas joined the Alliance... I see no reason at all why worgen, who are all about balancing their feral and human sides, cannot play the class that is all about balance and harmony.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2020-11-26 at 08:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

They could just have worgen monks poof into human form for each of the attacks that are not weapon based and then instantly back to Worgen in between with a smoothe animation. It would look both hilarious and awesome.

While we're at it, can I haz lightforged monks?