1. #1

    Struggling to learn MM

    So I've been BM since Legion, and every time I try to learn MM - I just feel confused as heck, I read the icy-veins guide, but it's still not clicking. Are there any good videos that go over the rotation properly?

  2. #2
    What helped me was Tell Me When coupled with the string from here https://www.chesder.com/

  3. #3
    you could try to rotation helper addon hekili. Its sorta good for this. But its important to only use it as a tool to learn. And not just rely on it for he entire expansion. Read the written guides to learn how to use cooldowns etc, and then use the hekili to build some muscle memory. Eventualy remove hekili and keep practicing. Will probably take some time and you will most likely feel like you are playing like shit, but just hang in there and keep going

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    you could try to rotation helper addon hekili. Its sorta good for this. But its important to only use it as a tool to learn. And not just rely on it for he entire expansion. Read the written guides to learn how to use cooldowns etc, and then use the hekili to build some muscle memory. Eventualy remove hekili and keep practicing. Will probably take some time and you will most likely feel like you are playing like shit, but just hang in there and keep going
    This was perfect, even tested it with BM which I know exceptionally well and it was spot on, I'll try this out for MM for a while. Thank you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Imonaboat13 View Post
    What helped me was Tell Me When coupled with the string from here https://www.chesder.com/
    Thank you as well!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    This was perfect, even tested it with BM which I know exceptionally well and it was spot on, I'll try this out for MM for a while. Thank you.
    Happy to help

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Happy to help
    You can definitely use it as a permanent addon. I've used it for over 4 years and have had many legendary parses with it. It's a great addon and the developer has really done a great job with it since legion when it was specifically for enhancement shaman only. Feel free to use it indefinitely. It doesn't make you less of a player.

  7. #7
    The Patient Neforpubl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Floriduhhhh
    Posts
    296
    Try installing weak auras and getting a spec hepled from wago.io like luxthos hunter rotation helper. it helped a few people in my guild that were tryintg to learn how to play a few classes.

    Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by marulol View Post
    You can definitely use it as a permanent addon. I've used it for over 4 years and have had many legendary parses with it. It's a great addon and the developer has really done a great job with it since legion when it was specifically for enhancement shaman only. Feel free to use it indefinitely. It doesn't make you less of a player.
    If it's the way you like to play, by all means go for it.

    However,
    I do think turning the game into a massive Quick Time event instead of using your own instincts and decision making, DOES indeed make you less of a player.
    I do think that mindlessly following a 'wack-a-mole'-addon instead of learning by trial and error, DOES indeed make you less of a player.

    Addons like Hekili can get you underway for the initial part. Just to get a feeling for the flow of the combat.
    However they won't get you very far when it goes to really learning the class/spec/rotation.

    Learning is most effective when you are presented with a situation and have to think about the best way to solve that.
    Learning is about making mistakes and learn from those mistakes to do better in the future.
    And those addons don't really offer much of that.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord GoKs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    If it's the way you like to play, by all means go for it.

    However,
    I do think turning the game into a massive Quick Time event instead of using your own instincts and decision making, DOES indeed make you less of a player.
    I do think that mindlessly following a 'wack-a-mole'-addon instead of learning by trial and error, DOES indeed make you less of a player.

    Addons like Hekili can get you underway for the initial part. Just to get a feeling for the flow of the combat.
    However they won't get you very far when it goes to really learning the class/spec/rotation.

    Learning is most effective when you are presented with a situation and have to think about the best way to solve that.
    Learning is about making mistakes and learn from those mistakes to do better in the future.
    And those addons don't really offer much of that.
    Look you can still make mistakes even with the addons, and you can still learn from that mistakes. So GTFO and DBM makes you less of a player aswell? Those addons are perfect for learning, since a person can get the rotation sorted on dummies or out door content where standing in shit does not really matter, and once the rotation is sorted, you can learn how to move and react to certain scenarios while doing your rotation (MM since BM movement doesnt matter). It doesnt really matter what we think of people when they use or dont use certain addons, it is totally up to them to play the game the way they want to.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,060
    Tbh I haven't played MM since Legion. Is it any different?

  11. #11
    Here's a button saving macro

    /cast [combat] feign death; [nocombat] camouflage

    Self explanatory. It will cast FD if you're in combat, and camo if you're not. There is no reason why you would cast FD when you're not engaged in combat with something, and no real reason to cast camo in combat just for it to last 5 sec.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •