Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting the platinum trophy every time I find a game good enough. Even if the platinum is a total chore that deprives me of the good memories related to the game lol. I'm looking at you, Arkham Knight.

start to study every reference about a game. i cant count the time i lost on dark souls or sekiro (or even wow), on wikipedia searching some japanese temple or welsh tale, finding hacks to free cam the game, drawing topographical maps, translating languages i dont even know, analizing artbooks to discover details, surfing the net... damn, all this started with the simple discovery of the Perameles gunnii...
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2020-11-28 at 03:49 AM.
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Spending an excessively long time on character appearance and transmog/armor customization. It's extremely important that my character looks like a badass.
    This right here.

I have mastered the Dark Souls and Bloodborne character creators to such a degree that I can actually make attractive human faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    In games like Final Fantasy or other RPGs, I'll save those rare elixirs for when I need them, yet never use them, because there might be a more important time to use them, I won't even use them on end bosses.

Same in WoW, I still have the Light of Elune from 2007, because there might come the time that I really need it.
    I've been trying to systematically break myself from this habit..to varying degrees of success. Gotten to the point where I actually use Elixirs on ACTUAL emergencies on older FF games. Lately though a lot of newer games they made these no where near as rare. Persona 5 Royal I swear they threw somas at me like candy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably collecting all the collectibles, reading every item I find that tells me about the game's lore, and exploring everything I can to make sure I'm not missing anything. I play every game as if I'm going to 100% it the first playthrough.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    If any JRPG has a "true ending" I do anything it takes to get it, even restarting an entire game if I've
    missed it previously or made a mistake and can't go back.

Always play on hardest, never save and restart the game from beginning if I die or fail.

I sometimes really hate this habit but it's like.. if I play it on a lower difficulty it feels like I'm wasting time and have to finish it on hardest later anyway so why not get to it right away. Using saves is just cheating and makes the game boring as there are no consequences to failing and you can simply ignore game mechanics like say traps or rush into fights without preparing and eventually get lucky.

cosplay the character im currently playing... shit no man but im guessing someone around might done it yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Exploring every nook and cranny and breaking every pot in every level.

Ya know, just in case.
    Oh thank god I am not the only one :P

Playing mostly 20-30 year old games because the modern game design of unnecessary busywork turns me off. There is nothing immersive about collecting parts just to make new arrows in Horizon Zero Dawn and it would only benefit the game if it was removed. If resource collecting is not a part of the gameplay loop, like in survival games, then just don't.