Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, even though layer 3 is a joke.

/Shrug
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I love it. It is challenging singleplayer content. With changing layout and enemys

Also you can only wear one legendary. So just do it for 4 weeks. Get your bis legendary to max and never set foot into it again if you don't like it.

If it is to hard for you get a boostgroup. Not that expensive as it is really not that hard... but hey. To each their own.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not enjoying it so far. I only did the intro plus one run. I found it insanely easy and slow. The runs felt too long to be worth it.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Seems reasonable when those other people are just around to complain and not do anything positive.
    No, just be a better human. kthx

While I can't speak for how I'll feel about Torgahst after doing it for the next two years, right now I find it fun. The primary thing that makes it fun for me is that it doesn't have a timer and I can take all the time I want to explore and step away if needed. That lack of pressure to "rush rush rush", makes the experience far more relaxed and enjoyable for me.

My only issue was the end boss of the second layer in the Upper Reaches (I got Synod). It took me several tries and I barely got him on the last try. Comparatively, the Soulforges second layer end boss (I got Cellblock Sentinel) was a much easier one shot thanks to one of my anima powers (the one that makes Time Warp last 300% longer but you die at the end). This told me two things: 1) The difficulty can vary wildly depending on the anima powers you get, and 2) my item level (164) just isn't high enough to think about going into layer 3, at least not as a mage without the perfect anima powers.

So while I think that Torghast is fun, and certainly a better experience for me than Visions were, the end bosses and/or the anima powers could probably stand to get more tuning. I'm not expecting a cakewalk from Torghast, but the fact that anima powers can swing power so wildly and make or break an end boss (at least for me as a mage), is concerning. I don't want to waste my time clearing a layer to the endboss and think I am doing well, only to hit an insurmountable wall with the end boss and find all my time has been wasted.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-11-28 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    While I can't speak for how I'll feel about Torgahst after doing it for the next two years, right now I find it fun. The primary thing that makes it fun for me is that it doesn't have a timer and I can take all the time I want to explore and step away if needed. That lack of pressure to "rush rush rush", makes the experience far more relaxed and enjoyable for me.

My only issue was the end boss of the second layer in the Upper Reaches (I got Synod). It took me several tries and I barely got him on the last try. Comparatively, the Soulforges second layer end boss (I got Cellblock Sentinel) was a much easier one shot thanks to one of my anima powers (the one that makes Time Warp last 300% longer but you die at the end). This told me two things: 1) The difficulty can vary wildly depending on the anima powers you get, and 2) my item level (164) just isn't high enough to think about going into layer 3, at least not as a mage without the perfect anima powers.

So while I think that Torghast is fun, and certainly a better experience for me than Visions were, the end bosses and/or the anima powers could probably stand to get more tuning. I'm not expecting a cakewalk from Torghast, but the fact that anima powers can swing power so wildly and make or break an end boss (at least for me as a mage), is concerning. I don't want to waste my time clearing a layer to the endboss and think I am doing well, only to hit an insurmountable wall with the end boss and find all my time has been wasted.
    This was kind of my experience as well. I too play a mage and find it challenging depending on the power you get. I tried a layer 3 Upper Reaches and managed to get to the final boss without too much problem, being careful and using my abilities as best I could. But I couldn't kill the boss (a vampire dude). It wasn't about skill per se, but pure DPS. I wasn't able to kill him fast enough with all my CD before he got me. I had massive interrupt capabilities (the one where your fireblast makes the mob jump in the air (I like this one)) but couldn't do it. I tried a few times before giving up because I saw it was impossible with my current anima powers. I clearly needed more gear or a new anima power setup.

All that said, I found my runs really fun so far and I can see myself doing this quite often. I agree with your first paragraph !

i've been enjoying torghast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post

once you have the legendaries you want you can stop running it. until the next major patch when they add new stuff to it and new legedaries you will have to run it again for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Theres too many bad powers which is why i dont think its very fun
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-11-28 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    once you have the legendaries you want you can stop running it. until the next major patch when they add new stuff to it and new legedaries you will have to run it again for.
    The thing is, it's not that I don't want to run it. I find it fun... until I get to the final boss of the layer 2 when solo with a bunch of bad anima powers. For layer 3 I needed the help of a warrior friend who went prot. I don't think I would have been able to clear the final boss of layer 3 as a mage without help unless I got really lucky with anima powers. For the first layer 3 we did we both got really bad powers. The second layer 3 we did, we got mostly bad powers till near the end where we got a good one.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-11-28 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Final version isn't even out yet.

Wait a few weeks and try again.
    lolwut? It basically gets more difficult. "Final Version" lol. Not much changes to call what's still locked that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No. This argument should be forever banned when discussing wow. This never works.
    Along with anyone who says "it's just the (ptr/beta)" This expansion was probably one of the few times some things changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Theres too many bad powers which is why i dont think its very fun
    Yeah you get hosed some runs. I kept getting things like the demonic circle offered when I have yet to see a time to ever use it there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    How worried should I be that after two runs I am already sick of it? I find the rest of the expansion fun do far, love the dungeons. Do I really need to go in there for anything but legendary stuff?
    Oh. :S

I fully expected to not like it, but I've found it a lot of fun!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    Yeah, it's...not great. It's just all the same, there's about five different mobs, the rooms are all identical, and it takes forever to get anywhere. There's just no variety to it.
    Torghast hasn't even been out for an entire week yet. Still more things left to uncover. Wait till its fully released then say something. Like the equivalent of reading a book and saying it sucks after reading 1 chapter.

I'm playing Shadow and I feel like there are almost no interesting powers. I love the concept, but if this is all there is for my priest, then I'll probably never play it again after the weekly cap. It feels weirdly shallow because so many of the powers are completely useless.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    As Shadow I feel like whole torghast concept is so unbalanced, the only think that is hard in torghast is last boss and if u cant do it at the first time u wont do it at all. Going through all layers before is boring and 0 fun.

More likely is uber overtuned for 5 man, lord of locks looks like those minibosses that wipe your ass more than bosses in +15 dungeons
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©