Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As long as they don't charge real money to remove caps it's not a mobile game mechanic.
    Slowing everyone down so they don't burn out in the first week like dummies is fine imo. The Maw is terrible though, with that I will agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I only really agree with #2, and #7. MAYBE #6, but as of right now I'm actually kinda flooded with anima, and am waiting on souls to use it.

Most of the gating you're complaining about is to prevent people from grinding mega hard to get an endgame item week 1. You probably shouldn't have a T4 legendary this week... would kind of break the balance of every aspect of the game, same can be said about having maxed out soulbinds as well.

For Torghast a change I would actually want to see (AFAIK this isn't the case ATM) would be a catch-up mechanic if you miss a week. I'm currently capped on soul ash, but it'd be nice if I could just skip it for a week at some point in the future, then grind it to get any I missed.

1) Everyone agrees that it's pointless, it's been asked for since the day 1 of Conduits being on Beta. Unlikely to change at this point.
    2) Haven't noticed it myself, not sure why? Is it just cos I'm not failing missions or because I have healers going with my companions. Either way, sure.
    3) It's not unknown. It's weekly, you'll get Level 6 access next week and then full unlock when Raid is out. It was a good decision.
    4) Nope. Big disagree. While the idea of "if I want to I should be able to" is great, in an MMO as big as WoW it does not work and we've already experienced what happens when you introduce a system that is uncapped - see AP. Blizzard, as does the vast majority of the playerbase (specifically those at a higher level) do not want to see this kind of shit in the game anymore. The moment you add an uncapped system that directly gives you a power boost through legendaries, it is no longer a choice.
    5) See above. Renown is only liked right now because of it's weekly cap and giving people a sense of being done with the daily/weekly content on their character(s).
    6) It's cosmetic side content, it's meant to be a passive grind. You don't need to do it if you feel it's not rewarding.
    7) Debatable but boils down to personal opinions. I love it, personally, and love the fact that you have to get a special mount to use in it even more.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They have to timegate stuff or you'd be whining over nothing to do in the coming weeks. Also players with limited time to play would feel left behind and uncompetitive when compared to players spending all day every day online. This is the compromise. Pace yourself and just play alts if you can't get enough.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

1) Swapping Talents in your Forge Bonds costs gems and each one recharges on a 10 hour timer.
    This was explained pretty in depth by Blizzard. You're not really supposed to change them often. You get 10 changes a week to play around with. Each time you get a new Conduit you also get 1 gem incase you want to use it right away. I have all 10 gems and doubt I'll ever change them, I already have nearly every conduit except the Raid/PvP ones. It'd be more 'mobile-game' if you could buy gems. I got my BiS conduits already and they're pretty much set.

Think of socketing conduits like building your talent tree options and the actual paths you take are selecting your talents. That's the idea and feeling they're going for. You get 3 different soulbind trees along with several paths in each. They don't want you to have yet another thing to change out on the fly. Like covenants, they're meant to be more permanent. The paths that are there can be changed like talents, so you can have some flexibility, but the conduits are set.

2) Healing your companions at the command table costs a high amount of anima or a super long recharge time (over a day).
    This is a you problem. You're setting up your missions poorly if your adventurers are getting seriously hurt. You can use an unlimited number of troops. What I do is put my main adventurer in the back row and give them a healer, then put the 3 dps dudes in the front. I've been able to spam missions the whole time. Or you can burn the anima for it, it's only a few hundred to heal them and you realize the only thing you use anima for is covenant hall upgrades/cosmetics? You get 5 souls a week so it's not like you need that much of it, it's not a grind. Feel free to use it to heal your dudes.

This is my standard layout: https://imgur.com/a/zn47njw

The empty spot is where I put my adventurer (they're both out right now). Make sure not to send your party against something that wipes them. And if they get to low health, give them a healer and send them on an easy mission. They get full healed when they level up.

3) Torghast stages behind locked to a unknown week amount. Right now you can only do the first 3 stages and its unknow when the rest will come out.
    Blatantly false. This was also told to us. We get layers 4-6 when the raid comes out, and layers 7 & 8 when the mythic raid comes out. So in 2 and 3 weeks respectively. The first 3 weeks of the expansion have been limited since Legion to give people time to level. No Keystones, no highend pvp gear, no raiding, and now no high end torghast layers.

4) Weekly cap on Soul Ash needs to go. If I want to grind it until I'm blue in the face let me.
    The last 4 years have been full of people screaming that the Artifact/Azerite Power grind needed to go. The forums erupted in joy when Ion announced that they were eliminating the grind. I'm not saying that you wanted that, but the general community was highly opposed to infinite grinds. While I do agree that we need some kind of infinite grind, Blizzard and most of the community seem to disagree. So we get weekly caps.

5) Weekly renown cap needs to also be removed, Once again if I want to grind it let me.
    Renown isn't 'grindable', you get 2 quests that give you 1 renown level each and each story chapter gives you another. It's clearly meant to be a slow power trickle that will 'nerf' the raids/content for you without needing direct intervention from Blizzard. It'll take about ~3 months to finish up.

It's honestly just an obfuscated time gate for story quests and soulbinds.

6) The amount of anima you get doing WQ's is soo small and makes doing things like the listed above and Sanctum Upgrades extremely long to do.
    Yeah you need to double check the Sanctum Upgrades. They cost both anima and SOULS. You get 5 of those souls per week. After the introductory quests and everything, you need an additional 240 souls or 48 weeks to unlock all the upgrades. World Quest anima isn't really meant to be your main source. Like Azerite/Artifact power before, you're going to look for your weekly cache, raids, and keystones to give you the lions share of it. Doesn't matter if you got all the anima you needed today, you'd still need to wait 48 weeks. It takes about 90k anima to upgrade everything after the introductory quests, so that's less than 2k per week if you don't spend any. In the first five days, without much effort, I'm at 2.4k right now and have been freely spending it. Can't imagine how much it'll be once we get raids/keystones.

Also Blizzard said something to the effect that WQs were meant to be side-content in Shadowlands. It's fine if you don't want to do them, they offer content for the more casual player. Some gold, rep bonuses, mediocre gear, and a small amount of anima. You're not meant to farm stuff from them. I haven't been doing many WQs beyond what my callings ask for (and some Wild Hunt rep ones because I need that).

7) The maw not allowing mounts so it takes longer to do stuff in it.
    Mounts are earned there. Once you get to Ambivalent rep with Ve'nari you'll get access to the Beastwarren which you can get a mount from there. Also if you beat 8 layers in Twisting Corridors in Torghast you also get a maw-friendly mount.

In the meantime, I recommend unlocking the teleport options from Ve'nari along with getting goblin gliders and killing the guys that drop temporary mounts to use.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2020-11-29 at 08:37 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with most of your list, but the Maw can burn in hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sub ends 3 days before CP77 and honestly no clue when ill resub at this point. I'm already in a spot I got nothing to do because of the slow grind or caps.
    Then don't renew and play other games. When and if you return, you'll have more to do.

You make it seem as if it's a big deal that your sub runs out or that you'll take a break. It isn't.

I don't understand why people make it to be such a big deal to unsub. Nobody cares, it's not unusual or special to unsub.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't understand why people make it to be such a big deal to unsub. Nobody cares, it's not unusual or special to unsub.
    I agree it's not special to unsub. I think they view it as some great insult to the game. As if their contribution to the game has a meaningful impact and people should pay attention when they leave.

It's weird to me, they're talking about Cyberpunk 2077 which is a game they'll probably finish in a week or two and come back to WoW. It really seems like only WoW is a game you 'quit', other games you just get tired of? Why can't you get tired of WoW and want to take a break?
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Nobody is saying they want an endless grind, which you smugly stated. They want an option to do it, or not to do it, but for that grind to not be required.
    I absolutely don't understand this statement.

How a grind allowing you to increase your power or range of action could not be perceived as "required" by anyone willing to seriously get involved in the game ??

Or said grind shouldn't increase your power, then what's the point of the grind? Just killing your time? I think you can find stuff to do in wow whatever caps are introduced.

So much stuff at level 60 is timed in some way and IMO it holds the experience back greatly.

The things I am talking about are...

1) Swapping Talents in your Forge Bonds costs gems and each one recharges on a 10 hour timer.
    2) Healing your companions at the command table costs a high amount of anima or a super long recharge time (over a day).
    3) Torghast stages behind locked to a unknown week amount. Right now you can only do the first 3 stages and its unknow when the rest will come out.
    4) Weekly cap on Soul Ash needs to go. If I want to grind it until I'm blue in the face let me.
    5) Weekly renown cap needs to also be removed, Once again if I want to grind it let me.
    6) The amount of anima you get doing WQ's is soo small and makes doing things like the listed above and Sanctum Upgrades extremely long to do.

The leveling experience in Shadowlands IMO was smooth. But all of gates and caps screams mobile gameplay and funny enough some of it can be played on their app. I legit have nothing to do the rest of the week unless I level a alt because of all of the caps and super slow grinds. Everything feels like its in place to make you play longer and not have fun.

All of this stuff is honestly pushing me away from SL and making me want to play it less. Sucks because there is also a decent amount here I really enjoy. I have loved the leveling and the dungeons.

That is just my 2cents tho, do you Agree? Disagree? or somewhere in between.
    1. It is garbage but better than the weekly CD they planned however right now you wont be swapping at all.
    2. It isnt high and its designed around having all adventurers. Even so its like 30 minutes of anima
    3. theres an unlock schedule feel free to look at it
    4. the weekly cap is for balance and so ppl dont burn themselves out feeling like they fall behind
    5. the renown cap is another measure of balancing the grind and player power
    6. i made 3k anima this week already without grinding and adventures give atleast 30 with a cost around 15
    7. mythic week you can go get a mount that works in the maw and there is a rare that drops a mount in the maw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Nobody is saying they want an endless grind, which you smugly stated. They want an option to do it, or not to do it, but for that grind to not be required.

Blizzard white knights will twist everything they can to defend their beloved corporation to the death, it's sad.
    ok
    renown
    soul ash
    both connected to player power

in terms of being competitive that would be a required grind to at least 30

if you dont care about being competitive you wont care about it not being grindable

anima is grindable

if they removed player power from renown then i would be down for the grind being endless and in terms of torghast in two weeks you can grind it all you want because endless mode

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I disagree with most of what you said, personally.
    And I agree with all you said.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Yeah I hate the caps. I want to keep playing and earn things, they're basically forcing me to stop playing and I'm probably going to lose interest once CP77 is out.
    As somebody that plays casually (5 hours a week at most), I would quit if they removed caps. We casuals would fall behind into oblivion, never to be seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    As somebody that plays casually (5 hours a week at most), I would quit if they removed caps. We casuals would fall behind into oblivion, never to be seen again.
    That wasn't true with azerite, difference between falling behind was laughably low. That is probably a coming from legion or early stages in BfA but other than that it is simply false.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That wasn't true with azerite, difference between falling behind was laughably low. That is probably a coming from legion or early stages in BfA but other than that it is simply false.
    in early to mid bfa the AP grind was real and yes by the end it was pointless because the system was essentially forgotten BUT we arent comparing BfA with catch up systems like auto 50 neck. We are comparing SL launch state and BfA launch state

in bfa launch
    you could fall behind in rep easily
    you could fall behind in AP easily
    those would lead to falling behind in power

we already know renown catch up is coming

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, I absolutly hate throttled content, ever since it's first inception in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    So much stuff at level 60 is timed in some way and IMO it holds the experience back greatly.

The things I am talking about are...

The leveling experience in Shadowlands IMO was smooth. But all of gates and caps screams mobile gameplay and funny enough some of it can be played on their app. I legit have nothing to do the rest of the week unless I level a alt because of all of the caps and super slow grinds. Everything feels like its in place to make you play longer and not have fun.

All of this stuff is honestly pushing me away from SL and making me want to play it less. Sucks because there is also a decent amount here I really enjoy. I have loved the leveling and the dungeons.

That is just my 2cents tho, do you Agree? Disagree? or somewhere in between.
    Being a pvp-player, I really like how I'm forced to do each zone, even if I don't want to, just to get to the one I did want to be in.
    Ahhh the joys of questing..... (sarcasm)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I see it didn't take long to contradict yourself.

If you try really hard, you will always find something to dislike.

Oh, and timegating has been in the game since before mobile gaming existed pretty much, but I guess that's just a clickbait title
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem isn't the anima that's hard to get, it's the souls we need to upgrade the sanctum. I've got 3/4 T1 upgrades, sitting at 7K anima and nothing to spend it on.

If they didn't have the renown and soul ash cap, we'd have literally the same problem as in Leigon and BfA where people grind their hearts out and burn themselves out quickly.
    It's like you guys have already forgotten about the past few years.