Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Straight up, Best Expansion Leveling Since BC.

Vanilla player, CE player, Glad player here.

I've been a critic and BFA almost made me walk away.

Shadowlands has hit it on the head. AMAZING.

Story is on point. Love it, brings it all full circle and was able to hit 60 in about 6.25 hours.

Hear hear. Totally agree. And the absolute least drama of any launch (yeah okay, SW and Org were overloaded before the launch, but after that, the sharding has been great.)

But R.I.P. Area 52 and Draenor EU, those poor souls got so far behind. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    Sever lag issues while trying to fight mobs. Like my minion and NPC that is traveling with me just stand there for about 5 to 10 seconds. Not to mention trying to accept and turn in a quest takes a tad few seconds too long.

Dear god the amount of lag or wait to just to try to log in. Might as well wait a few days for this to get fixed again because I joined mid dungeon and all I could do was watch the team take down at least 5 mob packs while I couldn't do anything before getting dc'd. Still stuck in the same dungeon about about a 15 minute log in.

**edit rant**

someone please tell me how in the hell someone (or others) are already 60 without the god damn server issues?

Since TBC? Are you mad?! TBC is probably my all time favourite expansion, but I think every subsequent expansion did questing better than TBC. To each their own, though!

WoD sitll holds the crown for me I think, but Ardenweald & Bastion are absolutely stunning.

Stormrage still has logging trouble and severe lag. BFA launch went so much better.
    someone please tell me how in the hell someone (or others) are already 60 without the god damn server issues?
    Moonguard and Kilrogg were fine. It's some ultra high pop servers like Stormrage that seem to be having issues.
    Last edited by Rustov; 2020-11-24 at 04:26 AM.

Since WoD maybe. Leveling in WoD was fantastic.

Yeah, I'm having a blast playing right now. Seems a little easy going on the player but not too bad.

Well... who else expected this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Ive only done One and a half zones but id say its better than Legion or BFA so far. Idk if it will surpass WoD though. Its a damn good leveling experience. I give it an 8.5 out of 10 so far. I'd give WoD about a 9.

I like WoD leveling more, but SL is second place for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    LOL, I left Draenor when the Alliance died on it. I'm so glad to be off it. It's a population bomb mess...

Weird time to talk about Legion, but you know, you do you boo.

Frostmourne has been pretty stable since launch. Definitely been one of their better launches.

Intermittent lag because of 30000 people in one zone. But once I got out of Bastion I noticed pretty significant improvements. Even the lag in Bastion wasn't bad, just 1-2s delay every 20-30 minutes for a few seconds.

No DCs which is probably a first. No queues, either, which is weird.

Setting a really low bar for yourself as BC is the worst questing content in the game by an absolute landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible leveling. I spent 10 hours, did Bastion, not even full and already 55 level. It's just stupid. I want slow leveling. I want 500+ hours of leveling. I want thousands of quests. Every quest should require running to another side of the map and spending a hour grinding stuff. Not just running around and clicking abundant things. It seems that nothing will beat vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had zero issues on Stormscale-EU last night. The sharding was smooth as butter.
    I found the leveling very heavy on the info side in the beginning which accumulated in a lot of stand there are listen quests but it got better as you got into the zones.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Terrible leveling. I spent 10 hours, did Bastion, not even full and already 55 level. It's just stupid. I want slow leveling. I want 500+ hours of leveling. I want thousands of quests. Every quest should require running to another side of the map and spending a hour grinding stuff. Not just running around and clicking abundant things. It seems that nothing will beat vanilla.
    Go play classic then?

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Setting a really low bar for yourself as BC is the worst questing content in the game by an absolute landslide.
    Careful with all that edge.

OT: I'm not at all a fan of the on-rails style of questing, but I understand why they might have found it necessary to force people through all the covenants. That said, the story is as good as any modern wow writing; which is to say slightly below average young adult fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Careful with all that edge.

OT: I'm not at all a fan of the on-rails style of questing, but I understand why they might have found it necessary to force people through all the covenants. That said, the story is as good as any modern wow writing; which is to say slightly below average young adult fantasy.
    I've recently did entire loremaster from vanilla -> MoP and the worst leveling experience was uironically... Wotlk. Disjointed, slow, not making sense, not fun and had the most bugs. Second after that was BC, definitely not fun and plain boring. Then there was a visible gap and MoP/Cata, which was overall pretty mediocre but had some good moments, then WoD which was just super streamlined and not very interesting. Then legion (first modern experience that was somewhat entertaining), bfa was around the same level.
    Can't speak for SL as I have yet to finish it. But quite honestly in my book it will be a bit worse than BfA/Legion.

Now the disclaimer:
    I did ALL the quests in a timespan of 1 month in order: Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk, Cata, Mop on one character.
    And since WoD i am leveling 11/12 characters each expansion.

So overall score would be like:

Wotlk -> Tbc -> ... gap -> Vanilla (maybe due to cata reworks?) -> MoP/Cata -> WoD -> ...gap (modern wow stories) -> SL (probably) -> Legion/BfA

On beta i got stuck 3 times during leveling so I never had chance to finish it.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-11-24 at 11:14 AM.