Thread: Worlds Quests

Worlds Quests

Whoever decided to design them this way - screw you. I end up spending more than getting to the objective through an entire legion of unrelated mobs and when I get past Step 1, there's Step 2... then there's Step 3. To be followed by Step 4. And once again, I am having to spend more time killing and clearing unrelated quest objective mobs each time.

Just don't do them then

Quote Originally Posted by t4u3r View Post
    Just don't do them then
    Exactly, they are completely unrelevant. You only have to do them if they are port of a calling.

Yeah, let's ignore Rep and everything else. Absolutely irrelevant content - especially at the start of an expansion.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2020-11-27 at 11:16 PM.

I agree, world questing is weirdly regressive this expansion.
    The length of the quests, no whistle, emissaries have to picked up manually, lacking rewards or any hooks like AP and just general tedium of traveling around ( you have to trough Oribos all the time when changing zones)

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Yeah, let's ignore Rep and everything else. Absolutely irrelevant content - especially at the start of an expansion.
    It is NOT important to get any rep, at all. Maybe some really niche legendaries, but nothing that is really worth it, at all. I got my BiS legendary already, so there is nothing that I'll ever need from reps till they add new ones. Mounts/Pets/Cosmetic are not mandatory.

Are that special wqs? I only had them with like "kill 12 of x and 8 of y", but no part 1, part 2 and part 3. or do you mean that with the parts?
    Rewards are also mostly anima, rep and sometimes gear.
    You have to decide if it is worth it. I spend the last days in dungeon queue and did all wqs that give anima, gear or rep.
    Dying could endanger your health!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Whoever decided to design them this way - screw you. I end up spending more than getting to the objective through an entire legion of unrelated mobs and when I get past Step 1, there's Step 2... then there's Step 3. To be followed by Step 4. And once again, I am having to spend more time killing and clearing unrelated quest objective mobs each time.
    Where did you find a 4 step WQ? I've seen a few 2-step ones, usually with step 1 being "pick up this item you need for the quest", but that's about it. And those "unrelated" mobs are part of the quest. Even if you don't technically need to kill them, dealing with them is intended as part of the challenge.

They wouldn't be nearly as bad if the whistle still worked. I guess thats one of the RP aspects that Blizzard wants to keep in the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    They wouldn't be nearly as bad if the whistle still worked. I guess thats one of the RP aspects that Blizzard wants to keep in the game though.
    I have a really hard time believing there's any reason for this other than extending the play time.

Have to agree, WQs are a major disappointment this time around. I never loved them in the past, but in SL they are extra annoying and long. Also was looking forward to the new minigame WQs, but flappy bird is just taking a piss.

My only issue is with the lack of a Whistle.

Other than that, seem fine. I don't feel 'forced' running them (like all the AP ones on Legion\BFA), but i still run ones with conduits, big anima, gear, etc.

WQ seem ok, unless its the bastion quest to train that stupid cat, or any WQ in bastion, you know what? fuck bastion, pos zone

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lack of Whistle really feels awful right now, World Quests are spread miles apart and it takes an age to travel between them. I'm a player who has loved World Quests in BFA and Legion, and spent quite a lot of time doing Emissaries on multiple Alts. Right now the rewards are average, I feel like gear should scale with item level, not renown because the gear on my DK is already Heroic/Mythic Dungeons so most of it is irrelavent.

I don't like the new Emissaries, I'd rather have it appear on my World Map instead of working as Daily Quests. The Rep ones are better than BFA, but that's mainly because the BFA ones gave 75 Rep. It feels strange to me so far, not sure if it feels like a step forwards or backwards right now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Having to go through Oribos while changing the zones is not even a big deal tho assuming you are tryharding in doing all the world quests.

Just set up the Heartsone there, and use it once you are going into next zone... I'm pretty sure doing all the WQ-s will take you more than 15 mins of HS CD (10 if you have the bracer enchant).

And even if you do not want to waste your HS location, there are plenty of other means to be just 1-2 loading screens from Oribos itself via your Faction Capital portal hub - Dalaran HS, Death Gate -> Legion Dalaran if you are DK, Jaina's Locket, Garrison HS -> Ashran.

Of course flighpath routing through Oribos does not serve any purpose, yet it's not that big of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagorath View Post
    I agree, world questing is weirdly regressive this expansion.
    The length of the quests, no whistle, emissaries have to picked up manually, lacking rewards or any hooks like AP and just general tedium of traveling around ( you have to trough Oribos all the time when changing zones)
    Yeah I guess someone at blizzard HQ decided sometime during BFA that dailies are more immersive than wq's or something.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.