Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your reward is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their wimminz folk! Also, soul ash. After that you don't "need" to do it. Do it if you like it.

I just love how the 'just play it for fun, not everything needs rewards' crowd comes crawling out whenever a thread like this pops up. Most people will not play any content that doesn't give a tangible reward. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of you acting like this is so unheard of would never touch any piece of content again after a few tries if there's no reward attached.

The fun comes from getting something for the time and effort you put in. And if there are other systems that actually give you something, then everything that doesn't becomes completely irrelevant. Some of you don't seem to understand that "fun" and "rewarding" are not mutually exclusive. And fun itself is also not reward enough in an MMO like WoW. If something is fun, but not rewarding, then there's absolutely no long-term appeal at all.

And also - comparing this to single player games is stupid. Especially Persona 5 which was mentioned before. You play that game to experience the story and to see actual progress. You level up, find more personas, get higher social links. How exactly is this a comparison to "no reward besides fun"? ´

I see your point but for me it's a fine balance. It's kinda closer to m+ where the big rewards are hitting those "+10 in every dungeon" and "+15 in every dungeon" giving you rewards, rather than being closer to islands for example where it's almost too much.

Personally I think they could add some random drops in Torghast but I would hate for it to become another islands. The thing with islands is that I actually enjoyed them and I did them every week until BFA was over. I did get all mounts but I did not get all of the other stuff. IMO when you do something weekly for 2 years and you still end up missing out on rewards, it does feel a bit bad. But yeah if they find a balance of adding a few random drops that you will realistically get if you 'keep at it' then by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You know a challenge can be its own reward right? People loved Mage Towers and the only thing you got from them was a weapon appearance.
    eh. i loved the mage tower on my main for the challenge sure. but the reason i (eventually) did it on almost every spec in the game was the time limited cosmetics.

with torghast i've already gone into "what's the point in exploring" mode. in the past i'd like to hope there was more to come in the next few weeks, but nowadays i doubt it. looks like it's just for soul ash and then along the way you get a couple RNG rewards.

real risk of it becoming islands 2.0 if this is all it is.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-11-28 at 09:44 AM.

My only question is: does torghast ever get difficult?
    If not, then there's no fun in simply playing it for the sake of it, meaning it would need more rewards to even be played.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    My only question is: does torghast ever get difficult?
    If not, then there's no fun in simply playing it for the sake of it, meaning it would need more rewards to even be played.
    Later layers are supposedly tuned harder, they open when Heroic and then Mythic raids open and may be tuned towards that sort of gear level? Not sure havn't played Beta and numbers may have changed since then.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Later layers are supposedly tuned harder, they open when Heroic and then Mythic raids open and may be tuned towards that sort of gear level? Not sure havn't played Beta and numbers may have changed since then.
    Hopefully. I threw myself into Torghast with leveling gear and everything just dies without touching me. Granted, I am a WL and let my pet tank, but still, leveling was harder than this. The most dangerous thing are the traps...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    tuned harder when another 50 ilvl of gear become available, sounds like it won't matter that much :P
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-11-28 at 10:00 AM.

Blizzard finally gives us some decent soloable content and you complain about it? This time i am defending blizzard because torg is amazing even without special rewards.

Sure, if you ignore the rewards nothing gives rewards. This is true for everything.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I actually like doing Torghast. You can choose you own buffs/stuff you wanna play around with, and also good thing you dont have to do it everyday so thats also nice. No need being forced to log in everyday to do it.

Good solo content!

Give Torghast a solid 3 out of 5. May improve further we come!

Torghast can also drop the memories for your legendaries, so if a really good legendary effect is in there for you thats a good incentive. I also got an ally for my covenant from a Torghast run, so I can run those adventures with a dps and a healer ally in the group and they are really powerfull together making that bit easier.

Aside from that just fun, some of the anima powers can completly change how you play your class. Hell I once had a run where my main thing was activating my Swarming Mist (DK Covenant Ability) and then having the teleport have no cooldown and do a big fat AoE when porting. Combined with weakening enemies I teleport into and having 100% cast time reduction on the teleport. I felt like a mage whenever I could activate that. Was really good fun to change how to play. So thats incentive aswel, see how you can break it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    They haven't even fully released it yet and you're complaining about no rewards?
    The naivety of this post is hilarious. that's like saying Battlegrounds in HS is still "beta"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Technically there's a whole transmog gear set through the legendary system.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317573/...-dressing-room

You can only equip one legendary at a time but eventually you'll be able to make a whole set to use for transmog.

But I agree, there could've been more. How many pets/mounts did expeditions have?
    "Perhaps" was stated there not "is".

Having alot of fun in there. The good thing so far is that SL doesnt throw gear in the players face like BFA did, people are angry that they cant get a "Legendary" item in the first week. And the reward is pretty obvious, soul ash to create a legendary item next week. Just farm the limit.

And they will surley put in more rewards i torghast in the future.

Don't expect much progression outside of raiding at the start of this or future expansions. Secondary reward systems will come back soon enough and peak again in the last patch of the expansion.

Remember when you didn’t get a reward for being alive? Remember when just having something was good?

I member.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when you didn’t get a reward for being alive? Remember when just having something was good?

I member.

- - - Updated - - -

I member.

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    It's fun, but it's also pointless and a waste of time.

Why would I spend 40 minutes doing nothing in Torghast when I could be farming for the 8309390 Elethium Ingots I'll need to get rank 4 Shadowghast Crafting unlocked?

Outside of the Soul Ash, there seems to be no point. It's fun, but fun for the sake of fun in a game like WoW doesn't hold water for long.
    Why do you play video games, if not for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I called it, when they announced Torghast,and I'm not afraid to say it again, now it have been confirmed: Torghast as a key feature is a failure..

It's getting old, already in the first week.. By v9.1 people will hate it more than Timeless Isle and WoD combined.
    Uh doubt that. Me and many others enjoy torghast. Huge improvement from the boring horrific visions. They can expand upon it with patches and they likely will. It's challenging and you're in no rush as no timer at all (thank god for that) plus the abilities you get are just amazing.

Personally I think they should have put the latest Gladiator mount as a high tier reward from it.

It would have got a LOT more people involved to play if it was something so unique. Their biggest feature of the expansion and the big mount award isn't even unique? Wtf blizz?

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Technically there's a whole transmog gear set through the legendary system.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317573/...-dressing-room

You can only equip one legendary at a time but eventually you'll be able to make a whole set to use for transmog.

But I agree, there could've been more. How many pets/mounts did expeditions have?
    No this is untrue. Blizzard removed the ability to learn the appearance from the legendary items. There's currently no way to get the legendary set appearance in game. Good going Blizzard.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The only thing keeping me out of Torghast right now is the fact that I barely scraped by a Layer 2 run the last time I tried, and I want to up my ilvl a bit before I go in and attempt Layer 3, and also the fact that there's a few things more that I want to do this week before I really focus on getting more Soul Ash and rising higher. I adore Torghast for the experience. The rewards I get from it aren't much, but to be fair, there's not really much of Torghast available to me right now. I never expected to jump into the lower layers and get heaps of anima and gear and toys dumped on my head.

Part of my incentive to do Torghast is simply to see how high I can go. Part of my incentive to do Torghast is that it's simply a fun little solo game mode. I do think that it could be better. Maybe I'm just not high enough in, but I wish there were more interactibles in Torghast, like hidden rooms, or rooms that have no enemies, but just have little interesting lore tidbits to find. And I wish the mini-quests in Torghast were a little more varied and dynamic than "Hey. Help me find my shit and/or friend." Again, I've barely scratched the surface of what they've allowed me to of Torghast. Maybe that'll change once I get higher up.

Maybe Torghast could be more rewarding. I'm not high enough up the tower to really have a say in that just yet, nor are many other people, I'd imagine. But as it stands, Torghast is enjoyable enough that I don't particularly mind there being not a huge swath of rewards and goodies at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I just love how the 'just play it for fun, not everything needs rewards' crowd comes crawling out whenever a thread like this pops up. Most people will not play any content that doesn't give a tangible reward. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of you acting like this is so unheard of would never touch any piece of content again after a few tries if there's no reward attached.

The fun comes from getting something for the time and effort you put in. And if there are other systems that actually give you something, then everything that doesn't becomes completely irrelevant. Some of you don't seem to understand that "fun" and "rewarding" are not mutually exclusive. And fun itself is also not reward enough in an MMO like WoW. If something is fun, but not rewarding, then there's absolutely no long-term appeal at all.
    I legitimately feel bad for you. Hopefully I never reach the point where things stop giving me joy just because I don't get anything more than joy out of it, much less get so deep in that corner that I'm convinced that that's everyone's opinion, and not just my own. "Fun and rewarding aren't mutually exclusive because fun isn't a reward." is probably the most saddening take I've seen around here in a bit, even for MMO-C.

Needless to say, I disagree. The fun comes from the fun. The long-term appeal of doing something fun is that it's fun. Tangible rewards won't make something fun that would be otherwise not fun, in the same way that sprinkling herbs and spices on a poorly-cooked or ruined dish won't suddenly make it edible/tasty. Over time, things might stop being fun. Or other things might appear that are more fun. But I don't believe that hinges much on how good the rewards are. Rewards help, sure. But rewards are the icing on the cake, not the batter.