Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    It's fun, but it's also pointless and a waste of time.

Why would I spend 40 minutes doing nothing in Torghast when I could be farming for the 8309390 Elethium Ingots I'll need to get rank 4 Shadowghast Crafting unlocked?

Outside of the Soul Ash, there seems to be no point. It's fun, but fun for the sake of fun in a game like WoW doesn't hold water for long.
    In another thread people complained about the lack of content, which is honestly just because people don't feel 'forced' to do content.
    I mean, WoW is a video game. Thorgast is simply fun. Would you buy and play a game, if you hate playing it, just because the game gives you rewards in a game you don't like playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    The problem is it's actually fun to do, but there isn't any incentive to do it repeatedly. Which can be seen as a good thing, you don't have to log in every day to do it, just every week.
    Too fun? That needs an elaborate explaination.. Because I didn't find any fun in it..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Uh doubt that. Me and many others enjoy torghast. Huge improvement from the boring horrific visions. They can expand upon it with patches and they likely will. It's challenging and you're in no rush as no timer at all (thank god for that) plus the abilities you get are just amazing.
    The abilities fuck up the game... Those are the main reason it's not fun.... And oh, it's even more borrowed powers... Short term borrowed... And no one likes borrowed powers..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I would love if they added cosmetics for very high torghast lvls, and also more cosmetics to mythic+, since gear caps at +15 then maybe a mount or smth at +20 and a title.

This wouldn't bother any1 that isn't a target-achiever, I don't see anything bad in this.

soul ash is pointless when the memory you want/need won't drop

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    soul ash is pointless when the memory you want/need won't drop
    Its been 4 days and you won't be able to craft it for another 3 to 4.

Take it easy pall.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You know a challenge can be its own reward right? People loved Mage Towers and the only thing you got from them was a weapon appearance.
    I see this argument being made by many folks and i have to ask does this rule apply to your pet content? and im not trying to use you as a particular but in general sense. Because it seems to me that if we applied this logic broadly enough then those same people arguing its okay that reward engineering is poor for every body else would protest if their favorite type of content was gutted. Lets say I dont know mythic raiding for example... no more gear.. do it for the fun!
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I see this argument being made by many folks and i have to ask does this rule apply to your pet content? and im not trying to use you as a particular but in general sense. Because it seems to me that if we applied this logic broadly enough then those same people arguing its okay that reward engineering is poor for every body else would protest if their favorite type of content was gutted. Lets say I dont know mythic raiding for example... no more gear.. do it for the fun!
    Yes, it is why some people found CMs fun in MoP and WoD despite their complete lack of a reward in player power. Same answer goes for why plenty of players collect achievements, despite their overall lack of power rewards.

If they added a CM mode for raiding, some people would definitely do it for fun and prestige even if it provided absolutely no power reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its been 4 days and you won't be able to craft it for another 3 to 4.

Take it easy pall.
    No worries champ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yes, it is why some people found CMs fun in MoP and WoD despite their complete lack of a reward in player power. Same answer goes for why plenty of players collect achievements, despite their overall lack of power rewards.

If they added a CM mode for raiding, some people would definitely do it for fun and prestige even if it provided absolutely no power reward.
    See in principle I agree but this principle is NEVER applied across the board. Do you think a game where literally every reward was prestige or cosmetic would be successful? I tend to doubt it to be honest.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    i still have no idea why i should be doing torghast.
    You shouldn't or at least this time around content in general is less incentivized but especially non raid content.

Its not quite wod 2.0 but for some.unfathomable reason the developers are particularly sensitive to complaints about being "forced" into content that provides any remotely worthwhile form of power progression.
    The hammer comes down:

I've had a blast in Torghast. So far my character isn't strong enough to get past both instances of floor 3 but I'm enjoying learning my limits and playing with the powers so that I'll eventually be good enough to clear it all. Isn't that what the game is about? Progression and enjoyability?

Soul Ash for legendary crafting and cosmetics.
    If you don't care about those then there is no reason to do it other then 'fun'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I had the same feeling as you, OP, though I haven't done a lot of Torghast (I've been farming mounts out in the open world, and this side of the game has been almost too good so far, so overall I'm very happy). The system itself is cool, but there's no reason to get excited about exploring, or opening a box, or killing a particular elite, because all you ever get from anything is the one temporary currency and a choice of temporary abilities. And the legendary material requires you to finish the run, so if you overextend yourself and can't kill the final boss, you take nothing at all out of that particular run. Islands and visions were mechanically less interesting, but at least you had multiple reasons to keep going back.

Maybe in the future we'll be able to get Redeemed Souls out of there, at the very least. It's kind of depressing that we're "rescuing" dozens of souls in there but all they amount too is basically giving us an instance-only buff.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I called it, when they announced Torghast,and I'm not afraid to say it again, now it have been confirmed: Torghast as a key feature is a failure..

It's getting old, already in the first week.. By v9.1 people will hate it more than Timeless Isle and WoD combined.
    my god im wondering what kinda player is saying the thing is getting old

essentially you do what 4 runs this week if you dont screw up and you get the soul ash from it

next week you get to craft a legendary and once the endless wings come out you get a pet a title and a mount

how many ppl complained about challenge modes?? because torghast gives more than those systems

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The "all content must have a significant reward' notion has likely done as much damage to the game as anything. Why? Design some junk content and put a decent reward on it.

Since I've stopped raiding the only thing I care about in the game is doing stuff I enjoy. Playing the game because you enjoy playing the game seems reasonable. It certainly beats hate-playing the game to squeeze every last drop of efficiency out of it.
    Thats actually why I had this... revalation recently, I bought Shadowlands but I actually unsubbed and uninstalled the game before playing it, why?

Because I dont like wow anymore.

Simple, and trying to convince myself the game is for me just to find that little spec of fun isnt gonna work, it'll just make me miserable, and I know alotta players that have a similar mindset that they have to convince themselves that at some point this game was for them and somewhere it may still be.

But nah, my advise is, if Shadowlands does poorly it will be because people forced themselves to play it with forced smiles and tears in their eyes saying "this is great guys this is amazing I love this game I do I dont hate it at all."

Dont be that guy, if you dont like it, walk away, its fine, Blizzard stands to loose little at this point and tbh, its not blizzard anymore its flat out activision with so few of the originonal team left.

Raiding should have died a death long ago, and the death of farms like badges of honor/valor which helped players get incentive to do content farming in favour of pure RNG killed it for me, I lost my drive to grind when I had nothing but chance as my reward.

I can totally understand why people hate the RNG of this game and blizz isnt about to change it without a major drop in subs, so, if people like that fine, kudos to them.

...As for me? I think its not a case that all content must have a significant reward thats the issue, its that blizzard stopped caring about making the game rewarding at all, and focused on what makes people keep playing, artifical longevity.

Its the carrot on the stick effect, heres an RNG reward, you might get what you want.

Blizzard literally monetised Gacha Games without making you pay directly for them and called it content.

...So yes, I dont find that appealing nor is it for me, and I hope for other peoples sake they dont just hate the game while playing it to hope they enjoy it, they need to realize like I did, if its not for you, it isnt for you, walk away, nothing lost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries and whatever cosmetics are coming up.

Crafting legos is the whole point of the feature.

Formerly known as Arafal

No one would raid if it didn't offer the best gear. Just saying.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    you know what..Torgast is fun for me but I like Roguelikes. I mean it can give me the crappiest gray cloak at the end and I might still play it every week cause (This may seem shocking) I actually ENJOY IT.
    People forget this about games - rewards are cool, doing it because it's fun is even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    No one would raid if it didn't offer the best gear. Just saying.
    They would, people enjoy the challenge.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    People forget this about games - rewards are cool, doing it because it's fun is even better.

- - - Updated - - -

They would, people enjoy the challenge.
    there would be massively less people raiding.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    there would be massively less people raiding.
    Of course and the developers are well aware of this fact. I would love it if they went off the rails even for just a patch and said nope no gear froms raid enjoy the "content " for the sake of content. All the people who are blase or even enthused about the poor reward engineering from the rest of the game would shut up real quick i think.
    The hammer comes down: