Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

This expansion's contents are either "not rewarding" or gated !

World Quests and Command Table give ilevel 148 gear which are useless.
    The gear from Faction Reputation (The Ascended, The Avowed, etc) are useless too.

Sure, they are old contents. What about favorite of the month, Torghast tower?
    After spending a few hours, I got nothing.
    It is not enough to craft a legendary after a week.

I cannot mount on Maw and my character walks so slow.
    I don't think there is any loot in Maw.

I spent a few hours to collect 1000 anima and opened Transportation Network.
    I thought it will lead to all 4 other zones. (By the way, it is silly that I cannot directly fly to other zones. It goes to Oribos first.)
    Instead, it is just one portal leads to nowhere.

Then I spent another hour to collect 1000 anima and created Anima Conductors.
    It does nothing. It is gated.

The Renown is gated too.

Am I missing any other contents?

10+ Year Old Account
    you can fly directly.

but yes, i hate how i cannot seem to grow in power on my own. why not give SOME gear drops in torghast? maybe paid runs where you have to start a special run which rewards something due to a drop you farmed earlier. or extra objectives like in horrific visions. as of now, one can only grind torghast for followers which leads to more successful adventures but those do nothing for the player power.

no, instead i can only run dungeons. and i get only a few gold in 80% of the time. no anima, no real reputation, no cosmetics, nothing dangling in front of me convincing me to queue again. just 20-30 minutes of pain for no gain.

and don't get me started on renown. i hate formulaic gating like this where i can google in which week which renown rank is possible..
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    What about favorite of the month, Torghast tower?
    Are you serious right now ? What were you expecting ? The game is supposed to be played for months, it's always been like that. The fact that it's even possible to get legendaries that easily or that early in the expansion is still a large upgrade from before with long grinds, gated quests, etc. Just be patient.

I also heard Preach saying there's soooo much content that casuals are gonna spend months on it. Yeah well i don't think he's a liar, so my only guess is that the content wasn't gated on the alpha/beta servers....so there'd be a lot of stuff to do if we were able to do more than the 1st chapter of the campaign....
    Oh and them gating the "covenant sets" behind renown 2 and higher? For those super low ilvls? I went super casual, done like 3 normal dungeons and even for me most of that fear is on par or just marginally higher ilvl, especially since they are only covering the armor slots, and not trinkets/rings/necks....

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    The gear from Faction Reputation (The Ascended, The Avowed, etc) are useless too.

I thought it will lead to all 4 other zones. (By the way, it is silly that I cannot directly fly to other zones. It goes to Oribos first.)

The Renown is gated too.

World quests are familiar and useful content for everyone. Not everyone will be doing dungeons and stuff for gear so it's fine to have lower rewards.
    Gear from factions is def not useless, it's higher than Heroics at Revered and fine as is for people that don't do the same content and is farmable via WQs

You should have gotten one legendary memory for your spec this week during a Layer 3 Torghast run (I could be mistaken) and they told everyone we would not be crafting legendaries week one.

Walking/Running in Maw is intended, it's a hostile zone and is meant to be like that. Yes there is no loot in Maw other than Wrath of the Jailer event.

You should spend time reading up on your covenant and each feature presented. Story-wise it's Oribos is the hub of transfer of souls so it makes sense it's the central point.

Everything is meant to be gated so we don't burn out of everything. All of the current available is actually pretty fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

The game is out for a couple of days and you already spent a dozen hours playing asking if there is any content. Just watch some world first raiders and do what they do! I hope you find the content you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    i already quitted, i did not even last a week. The time gating just sucks.
    Not surprising, since your post history shows you only complain about retail and praise classic.

i already quitted, i did not even last a week. The time gating just sucks.
    And if everything was given to you and unlocked you'd complain their is no content.

7+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading at "I can't craft a legendary in a week".

What a guy!

no i just want to be able to play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

what does that have to do with me not liking time gating?
    What is time gated?

15+ Year Old Account

The Renown is gated too.

This was intentional so you specifically can't hammer it. Go farm some mounts, toys or pets, do some mythics, play some pvp, level some alts. You do not need to do everything that can be done in the first week. It's not Legion or BfA. There's no demand that you farm for artifact powers by doing everything. Relax, guys.

You've all been programmed to think WoW is a job. It's really not. Take a break.

Have you ever thought that maybe if you feel timegated you play too much?

This is crazy. You can di whatever you have fun. You are not forced to grind anything outside of weekly 1000 anima or at least at start Torghast.

Just play whatever you like. Level your alts. Do some M0s or PvP.

If you dont like anything, maybe you should stop playing WoW. BfA was so bad because they forced you to grind to do stuff you wanna do. Now you can just play whatever you like.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkas View Post
    Not surprising, since your post history shows you only complain about retail and praise classic.
    If someone complained both about BfA and SL, it's clear he's doing it in bad faith or just hate WoW in general. You can't complain about endless chores and gated progression at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    There is white color "legendary" base gear in AH and sells for 200,000 gold.
    It has no stats on it

Do you expect me to buy that?

Good lord. The players called for these changes and now they aren’t happy. These arguments and cry threads all over mmo-c during BfA and Legion:
    “We don’t want welfare epics. We want gear to be rare and mean something!”
    “We don’t want an endless treadmill and forced log ins!”
    “We want forced socializing and community!” (Paraphrased that last one for you)

Now, Blizzard isn’t giving welfare epics from all content. They are limiting what you can earn every week to make it so players don’t have to endlessly grind out power. They are making dungeons decent again by having some of the best gear available pre-raid where players can communicate.
    These are things many vocal people wanted and are now either being complained about by those same people, or we are now seeing the flip side. Just reinforces you can’t please everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

It has no stats on it

People in my guild have made roughly 50-200k already just by putting gathering items on the AH. It’s not difficult to make a butt load of gold at the start of the xpac. Hell, I made roughly 20k just selling herbs I picked up on the path of questing while I leveled.

It has no stats on it

? Why don't you go out in the world farm some ore and craft it yourself, you know for content(as it is supposed to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post

What a guy!
    Ikr? This is the most content since a while. Just because they aren't 'forced' to do everything, they think there is nothing.
    Enjoy your freedom guys! You got time for alts finally!
    No need to grind AP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If someone complained both about BfA and SL, it's clear he's doing it in bad faith or just hate WoW in general. You can't complain about endless chores and gated progression at same time.
    He's not complaining, he's writing it off. He already filed for a refund too.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has no stats on it

I was selling crafted blues I was using to level my LW for more than that. I can craft my needed legendary base piece anyway. It's alt friendly anyway. If you for some reason took 2 farming professions on your main, level an alt and craft it for you. Not that complicated.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-28 at 12:47 PM.