Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    So main reason why this expansion is good... is because there is nothing people that cant control themselves and are obsessive would have to do because "they have to or they will fall behind"? Rest of us that dont suffer from such mental issues are now screwed because of those. I couldnt care less about AP grind in BfA... hell, i did islands weekly maybe 5 times in whole expansion.

But funny enough... this expansion grind is ONLY thing left after 2-3 days of release, and people still praise it. Its quite ridiculous. The only thing you can do is grind anima, grind rep and grind stygia. Thats it! So its actually worse. Last time there was only 1 grind, and meaningful content you could do if you like, and you all hated it... and now there is only grind and chores and no meaningful content, and you love it!

I mean, im glad you are happy that you can play your alts... but i dont want to play alts, i want to play class i want to play. I literally had nothing except anima/rep farm after day 2. I hate grinds, i wont grind anything... yet all there is are grinds. WQ useless outside of grinds, professions useless overall, torghast a chore you do and forget about. What exactly is that great content that is better than any expansion before it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Yeah no kid, a week and everyone but you thinks this is the best expansion since WOTLK.

Enough content for 2 characters to do all week. If you only want to run one, you can grind out some pre raid bis or focus on rep.
    Only thing good in this expansion so far is design (visual side of things like zones, atmosphere etc). I think those that claim its best since WOTLK are just trolls. Played since vanilla beta and dont think any expansion was this bad at the start. And clearly not everyone thinks this is best expansion since WOTLK... as there are more "no content" and "useless content" posts than ever before.
    And that is all before we even touch terrible class/spec design. Usually i would look at different classes/specs and have the urge to level them and play them... this time i checked it all and dont want to touch any of them, so all i do with alts is go through intro so i can learn professions in case there is need for them.

Realistically speaking, at this moment in time this exp is in a state where i would usually unsub and wait for new content in previous expansions... you know, when you get to the point where you log in 2-3 times a week... for weekly reset and raid days and thats it. Today was EU reset... everything, except grinds, will already be done today and what will remain is waiting on next week. Paying monthly for 1-2 days of play per week is just silly. That took months in previous expansions. Hell, WQs and professions are in state they were in BfA season 3 or so. And we are not in season 1 yet...

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Sure, they are old contents. What about favorite of the month, Torghast tower?
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    What about favorite of the month
    Isn't it "Flavor of the Month"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Wht you describe sounds like something i much prefer over the small portion weekly gatings we have now.

When i new game launches (or a new tv show for that matter, or a new book), i want to binge it!
    We've had that for the last few expansions. I'd prefer something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I spent the day doing normals yesterday trying to get 1 ilvl point from 154 to 155 so I could try a heroic and did not.

I am not saying that is good or bad, but it is what it is.

There were no WQs for any gear for days. My only other option was buying gears from AH. I had already gotten all good quest related gear.
    In the past I could get 1 ilvl point at the start of an expansion in about 1 hour (on a bad day). I did roughly 9 or 10 of the normals.
    I even had a friend come along that traded me a much needed trinket, INT on a STR class also something I have rarely had to do to cheat ilvl.

I'll try again tonight.
    Want to cheat one itemlevel so you can queue heroics? Buy one of the 190 white pieces for legos. On my server they are like 800-1000g. Just have in your bags or equipped when you queue and it will boost it.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Lol geez, guys, the expansion is just starting, if they don't gate anything you'd be already complaining about the lack of content and how you already completed everything.
    For sure they could just put everything behind massive grinds instead, but people would complain about that too.

Even if there was a mid term solution, people would complain about it.

So just let people complain, it's what they do.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Want to cheat one itemlevel so you can queue heroics? Buy one of the 190 white pieces for legos. On my server they are like 800-1000g. Just have in your bags or equipped when you queue and it will boost it.
    You can also mess around in pvp, you don't even really need to know what you're doing or try, and you get free honor, which allows you to buy a specific item (155) and upgrade it for honor (171).
    I've seen a lot of people complain about not being able to get a drop, so spend an hour in pvp and there ya go, 171 targeted piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    You can also mess around in pvp, you don't even really need to know what you're doing or try, and you get free honor, which allows you to buy a specific item (155) and upgrade it for honor (171).
    I've seen a lot of people complain about not being able to get a drop, so spend an hour in pvp and there ya go, 171 targeted piece.
    That is also a really good option. Also queue time for alliance right now is great and we seem to be winning quite frequently (7 bgs so far in SL and no losses). Super easy to gear a toon, and if you are a spec that likes versatility PVP gear can actually be really good.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

People that say grinds should not be farmable as much as you want is why I still like WOD to some degree...The rep grinds was just kill mobs in 5 man parties and rock your way to exalted...Yes please.

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this way.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-02 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Greatest expansion ever, Blizzard's truly outdone themselves this time. All ya WoW haters trying to kill it got a lot on your plate. this expansion is absolutely fantastic.
    What did you think to the last expansion? Was that the best ever too?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yeee .... no

SL is expansion where we are going back to old design

if you want to gear up you run dungeons.

WQ gear is usless - as it doesnt offer you rewards.

at 175 itlv im getting 155 gear from WQ

strangely - i dont mind it - but a lot of people will leave game very fast once they realise they have no way to progress their toons past hc dungeons.

im basickly already almost done on my main for this tier - just few more piece from mythic 0 in next 2 weeks and im back to leveling alts. and then taking a loong break till next tier since game doesnt offer content easily aviable to casual players.

- - - Updated - - -

i do think that mythic 0 in current version are mechanicly too hard for casual crowd without access to other gear letting them bypass mechanics. they are mechanicly tuned much harder then BfA dungeons .

and i say it from perspective of person who already cleared them at 150-160itlv - gear is not a problem - but mechanics are so deadly on many many bosses. For example 3rd boss with assasins in plagueplace - good luck your average wow pug clearing it in its current iteration

casual crowd will dislike SL mythic 0 very fast.
    I wouldnt say mythic 0 are hard. My guild ran them all with players 126-175 ilvl. We had a rogue at 126 (literally hit 60 only 10 mins before we grabbed him) and me at 147 tanking on my paladin. We cleares them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkas View Post
    Not surprising, since your post history shows you only complain about retail and praise classic.
    The best part is they said 4 days ago that they quit, then yesterday said they are still paying for WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by genaian View Post
    So main reason why this expansion is good... is because there is nothing people that cant control themselves and are obsessive would have to do because "they have to or they will fall behind"?
    Soul ash is nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    well ofc you will not have blizzard saying "we want more money, so we are limting your playtime so that you will stay subbed for longer."

- - - Updated - - -

well seems like you care?
    Hah. Got eeem! /s Seriously though. I'm glad you quit. You seem to not enjoy the game and quitting is the right thing to do when that happens. No one is gonna change your mind. This post is either a bait post or you just want attention and want people to try to convince you to stay. But why? You quit. Just move on. Why even hang out and respond here if it's so horrid that you couldn't stand it for even a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    because i love Warcraft? and i want to see the game do well?
    So lashing out at people and Q_Q ing to not blizzard will help? ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    What did you think to the last expansion? Was that the best ever too?
    Nah prior to this my favorite was mists>legion>cata>wrath>BFA>WoD. Shadowlands is the top spot now. Such a damn good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Nah prior to this my favorite was mists>legion>cata>wrath>BFA>WoD. Shadowlands is the top spot now. Such a damn good expansion.
    Very odd considering you voted it "Best WoW Expansion Ever Released". Looks like your opinion is fairly worthless.