View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
Page 48 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Wait what? Echo is done streaming until they get close to a kill?

Not streaming the start of p2 one time because they were about to go eat is one thing. just stopping streaming altogether is such a letdown.
    I 1000% hope Limit wins of Echo acts like this.
    Limit did the exact same thing lol..

Wait what? Echo is done streaming until they get close to a kill?

Not streaming the start of p2 one time because they were about to go eat is one thing. just stopping streaming altogether is such a letdown.
    I 1000% hope Limit wins of Echo acts like this.
    They've said some conflicting things, Rogerbrown said they might stream as early tomorrow but I wouldn't really count on it.

Matthew, did 'Funny Animals Shower Curtain, Funny Dinosaur and Cat in Japanese Kanagawa Waves on Farmhouse Rustic Wooden Board Shower Curtain for Bathroom, Fabric Shower Curtain 12PCS Hooks, 69X70IN' meet your expectations? Review it on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    But no one cares about losers. Sponsors can either be the official sponsor of the winner or the loser. It's not really black and white so we'll see next time.
    they arent going to want to sponsor the winner that had to turn off their stream to win lmao.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They did, though I guess it counts more for a final boss vs a boss early in the list. Anyhow as sponsors are involved the last thing they want to do is lose their income revenue from all of those, even if they lose they'll generate a lot of viewership. If Echo wins without streaming then they lose that entire pie, I wouldn't be surprised if sponsors contact them to tell them to stream.

Except Limit is streaming Sire progress right now.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Yeah, hats off to them for not being secretive and silly.

I think he refers to the council of blood kill.

Stopping the stream after their raid is done just to test tactic on the next boss to provide better content to the viewers on the next day is not the exact same thing. The problem was that the boss was the joke and just died while they were testing tactic. If you are having trouble believing that check the time between Limit's kills and you will notice ~1h differance. Echo just stopped before peak hours during which their streams are peaking while they have huge advantage over Limit currently which is a douche move.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    They did, though I guess it counts more for a final boss vs a boss early in the list. Anyhow as sponsors are involved the last thing they want to do is lose their income revenue from all of those, even if they lose they'll generate a lot of viewership. If Echo wins without streaming then they lose that entire pie, I wouldn't be surprised if sponsors contact them to tell them to stream.
    Whats up with the sponsor thing? Method had sponsors for years without streaming any progress at all.

You guys have no idea what their contracts looks like.
    Last edited by Clozer; 2020-12-21 at 06:53 PM.

Whats up with the sponsor thing? Method had sponsors for years without streaming any progress at all.

You guys have no idea what their contracts looks like.
    Feel free to google "Red Bull Method drama" and get an idea of how their sponsorships worked (or... did not work). Method was on the rise as an organization and should get a huge amount of credit for helping the scene move towards this kind of streaming, but at the end of the day the sponsorships they had are nothing compared to a huge organization like Complexity.

Sponsors only really gain a lot of traction and exposure from the world first kill video. Because that’s what being shared to the masses. Not from wiping 300 times on a live stream.

Guilds have had sponsors even when the race wasn’t streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Stopping the stream after their raid is done just to test tactic on the next boss to provide better content to the viewers on the next day is not the exact same thing. The problem was that the boss was the joke and just died while they were testing tactic. If you are having trouble believing that check the time between Limit's kills and you will notice ~1h differance. Echo just stopped before peak hours during which their streams are peaking while they have huge advantage over Limit currently which is a douche move.
    It wasn't even a context thing, it was the standard thing every racing guild does. If they get to a new boss at the end of the raid time they pull it a few times for timers, test a strategy, etc really quick so they can theorycraft before the next raid. The problem was that council was a pushover boss and just died which they didn't expect to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Sponsors only really gain a lot traction and exposure from the world first kill video. Because that’s what being shared to the masses. Not from wiping 300 times on a live streams.

Method's Eternal Palace World First kill of Queen Azshara has 564k views on YouTube after being available for more than a year. Max currently has over 50k people watching an empty chair on his stream in this exact moment, while they take a lunch break... If you're not familiar with the typical ratios of concurrent viewers versus total unique views, it's very lopsided and this stream is infinitely more popular even with literally nothing happening right now. Twitch is hugely popular for a reason, don't be that guy.

Here's some more stats: https://twitchtracker.com/limit_maximum -- 3.3 million hours watched, do you really think that's not more valuable to sponsors than a single YouTube video?
    Last edited by supmeh; 2020-12-21 at 07:14 PM.

No they didn't?
    they did for 1 pull

i, as a donator, cannot just stand by and let them ruin my fun with their ideas

im sure you agree that muting coms is very disrespectful towards the viewer

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Sponsors only really gain a lot of traction and exposure from the world first kill video. Because that’s what being shared to the masses. Not from wiping 300 times on a live stream.

That's so wrong it's hilarious. Limit's N'zoth video still to this day only has 300k views and that's an end expansion boss kill. The world first videos are absolutely nothing to the weeks of constant advertising to thousands upon thousands of people for 16 to 20 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Nonsense. They’ll stream once it’s obvious they will win.
    So they probably won't be streaming it then since it's likely this will come down to the wire.

- - - Updated - - -

Limit has been streaming sire progress all morning. They just took a break for lunch. Unless you mean the sub 1 hour kill of council where including trash they likely pulled maybe 3 times and it just happened to die because they picked the right order.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So they probably won't be streaming it then since it's likely this will come down to the wire.

- - - Updated - - -

Limit has been streaming sire progress all morning. They just took a break for lunch. Unless you mean the sub 1 hour kill of council where including trash they likely pulled maybe 3 times and it just happened to die because they picked the right order.
    So they didn't stream progress on council? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I understand this happens in a lot of sport events and other events but I can't wrap my head around the fact Guilds (or organisations in this case) beg the community for Characters they can "boost" in Raids for them to get Gear traded to them.
    I remember in Wrath Paragon started the whole splits thing, but it wasn't until like Legion I think (or whenever cross realm was added) where we saw streamers/Guilds beg for M+ keys (MoS) and players who were eligible/willing to trade Gear to them.
    For me this seems to give an unfair advantage to those who have the biggest following and not to those who can come up with own creative ways to overcome challenges.
    I'm not pointing fingers or saying it's something which shouldn't be allowed, but I wonder to what extend Guilds will go in the future to obtain an edge in Gearing.
    Also the entire "buying BoE's" thing seems to be something I hadn't expected to happen 5 years ago.
    If personal loot could be traded regardless of ilvl in that slot you wouldn't see that happen. You would simple see more guild splits just like they did the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supmeh View Post
    If you actually think that killing a boss a few hours earlier in one single tier is more important that community interaction, personality, stream consistency, etc then you are oblivious. This is true even in real sports, where teams like the Dallas Cowboys were the most popular NFL team in the world even when they weren't winning Super Bowls. It's even more lopsided when it comes to Twitch and the "virtual" world -- just look at the top WoW streamers if you don't believe me. Sure someone like Jokerd gets a huge influx when he was world first, then it tapered off despite great efforts from him to keep people entertained, while regular WoW personalities can thrive even without big moments.

Winning is definitely important, of course, nobody cares about a raiding guild that can't even get to the last boss before it is killed. However, as you get stronger from there, there are diminishing returns in terms of fanbase/sponsor numbers/etc. Conversely, building an actual community of fans has nearly unlimited return and will last much longer, and can do great things for legitimizing this kind of entertainment and content.

That being said, obviously Gingi has also done a lot of community interaction and built up a lot of fans already, so its not like this choice by Echo is going to ruin all of the great growth he's seen on Twitch either.
    Jokerd is actually getting pretty darn good views now that he is in pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    That's so wrong it's hilarious. Limit's N'zoth video still to this day only has 300k views and that's an end expansion boss kill. The world first videos are absolutely nothing to the weeks of constant advertising to thousands upon thousands of people for 16 to 20 hours a day.
    The Twitch crowd isn’t what Corsair and whatnot need to reach anymore. That market is already cornered by the gaming brands.

It is also pretty much the same consecutive people that are watching the streams. Even if it’s 50k people.

The audience a gaming brand need to reach to widen their brand are those who still use old HP keyboards. Those are more inclined to watch a video shared on the wow Twitter than a livestream