View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. You may not vote on this poll
  • Method [EU]

    23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

    198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

    74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

    9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

    7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

    3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

    2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

    1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

    3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

    4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

    20 5.81%
  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Sponsors only really gain a lot of traction and exposure from the world first kill video. Because that’s what being shared to the masses. Not from wiping 300 times on a live stream.

    Guilds have had sponsors even when the race wasn’t streamed.
    I'm sorry but this is very very wrong. Are you just watching and not actually looking at the viewership numbers at any given time? Moreover the streams are running for the majority of a given day with hundreds of thousands of unique viewers coming and going on a daily basis. The exposure from their kill videos is nothing compared to that of the exposure from constantly streaming to the high tens of thousands for 10+ days.

  2. #1022
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Now now, you shouldn’t affiliate yourself with people who really don’t really care about you. Don’t pick sides. All I said is that anyone who streams Denathrius progress and reveals all their innovations to the competition is an idiot, and I refuse to believe that would happen. On Echo’s part, I was right. They aren’t idiots. Limit’s arrogance will bite them in the ass, I mean, it’s not like these guys are proven winners through many expansions like Method was. They caught lightning in the end of BFA, and now they need to win this tier to prove they weren’t a flash in the pan.
    So all the ex-Method players were idiots because they streamed progress all through BFA, and now they’re not?

  3. #1023
    Hmm. What does all this „if others do it it is bad but if my guy does it I find every excuse imaginable“ remind me off...?

    „But the others did it worse!“
    „But he did it for a reason!“

    Sorry I mean „they“ ofc

  4. #1024
    I wonder if anyone running the Complexity event has thought of not acknowledging Echo in their rankings or on stream since they decided to not stream progress. After all why give them free viewership and advertisement if they aren't going to do the same? Pull the same thing that Method, aka Echo, did to Jokerd in the Classic leveling race.

  5. #1025
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    I wonder if anyone running the Complexity event has thought of not acknowledging Echo in their rankings or on stream since they decided to not stream progress. After all why give them free viewership and advertisement if they aren't going to do the same? Pull the same thing that Method, aka Echo, did to Jokerd in the Classic leveling race.
    Complexity is run by an actual sports org while the Cowboys may be petty and annoying they do know how to act professional something Method never showed the ability to do.

  6. #1026
    I don't quite understand the noise everyone is making about Echo.

    People saying they need Limit to stream to achieve success, like they didn't have multiple World 1st's when they raided as Method.

    Then people complain they turned off their stream, the dudes have had an awful year like most have with the pandemic except they had the BS in Method. They lost the last World 1st to Limit pretty comfortably, they also lost to Pieces in Crucible.
    They are in a new guild and they all play for 1 reason which is to get the prestige of getting World 1st, whether it means anything to anyone else matter not. They lost the last World 1st and want to reclaim their throne. Understandable they turn off their stream, especially if they feel confident their Sire strat is superior.

    As for the loss of financial gain, I'm sure it has all been discussed by the team. Nobody knows what the contractual agreement with the sponsors is, so even if they break the agreement, the sponsors can choose to take legal actions if they wish.

  7. #1027
    I'm a bit worried as to how this could affect future raids. If echo win this, its pretty much going to force limit to not stream next time if they want the word firsts. Depends how much the streaming is worth against the prestige of being first,which only they really know.

  8. #1028
    bdgg 8/10 lads
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  9. #1029
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Sponsors only really gain a lot of traction and exposure from the world first kill video. Because that’s what being shared to the masses. Not from wiping 300 times on a live stream.
    Guilds have had sponsors even when the race wasn’t streamed.
    They had sponsors and they were paid with 10$ mouse pads for each member of the team before or some other crap. Now they are getting professional gear worth thousands + building their own online profile on twitch + other social media which allows them to live off gaming. Exposure from live streaming 300 wipes is much bigger. Using brain is not really your thing.

  10. #1030
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    They had sponsors and they were paid with 10$ mouse pads for each member of the team before or some other crap. Now they are getting professional gear worth thousands + building their own online profile on twitch + other social media which allows them to live off gaming. Exposure from live streaming 300 wipes is much bigger. Using a brain is not really your thing.
    noone cares this is about world first not streaming and money
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

    giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

  11. #1031
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    The Twitch crowd isn’t what Corsair and whatnot need to reach anymore. That market is already cornered by the gaming brands.

    It is also pretty much the same consecutive people that are watching the streams. Even if it’s 50k people.

    The audience a gaming brand need to reach to widen their brand are those who still use old HP keyboards. Those are more inclined to watch a video shared on the wow Twitter than a livestream
    You’re also underestimating the role of these guilds as “influencers”, which goes beyond the viewers. People copy uis from these guys, and buy the same equipment because copying the top end raiders is what many many wow players do.

    So maybe only 1 person in the guild watches the stream but then he tells everyone else what limit is using, and it spreads that way.

  12. #1032
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    noone cares this is about world first not streaming and money
    Considering there are quite a few people talking about it you are wrong.

  13. #1033
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    noone cares this is about world first not streaming and money
    Max made a speech yesterday about what a privilege it was to do this for a living.

    So yes, money enables them to do this. It’s not like that’s dishonorable or anything - everyone has to make money, and earning money is certainly a factor in decisions we see guilds make. This is neither shocking or all that interesting.

  14. #1034
    I suspect he will die before reset since I was wrong about stone generals.

    I am very disappointed in overall there is no patch notes yet so I guess nothing changes for next week.

    *cries in frost mage*

    But would have spiced things up if there were some drastic class changes.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

  15. #1035
    boss might die next sunday

    quote me on this

    - - - Updated - - -

    also this boss is dogshit
    ex top 10 us raider i guess

  16. #1036
    Bloodsail Admiral bledgor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Generalizing millions of completely different people. Asking you how old you were seems justified.
    If the shoe fits, not my fault. Guy goes after my age, aka personal attack, over not even hating on echo, but being disappointed in them, but still respecting their choice. Seems to me he is the childish one, since he can't deny or attack my point, the same as you. Honestly as I get older I just can't be bothered to even talk to people like you anymore, so say hello to my ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

  17. #1037
    Quote Originally Posted by supmeh View Post
    Method's Eternal Palace World First kill of Queen Azshara has 564k views on YouTube after being available for more than a year. Max currently has over 50k people watching an empty chair on his stream in this exact moment, while they take a lunch break... If you're not familiar with the typical ratios of concurrent viewers versus total unique views, it's very lopsided and this stream is infinitely more popular even with literally nothing happening right now. Twitch is hugely popular for a reason, don't be that guy.

    Here's some more stats: https://twitchtracker.com/limit_maximum -- 3.3 million hours watched, do you really think that's not more valuable to sponsors than a single YouTube video?
    Method had more than 20 millions hours watched for Dazar'Alor. That's why Red Bull became greedy and wanted to put their hands on the event.

  18. #1038
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    boss might die next sunday

    quote me on this

    - - - Updated - - -

    also this boss is dogshit
    Why do you say that it's dogshit? I'm not watching rn just curious.

  19. #1039
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    Method had more than 20 millions hours watched for Dazar'Alor. That's why Red Bull became greedy and wanted to put their hands on the event.
    Totally, they proved out the concept and pioneered this kind of attention, this is a Twitch vs YouTube comparison, not Limit vs Method. I used Method because they had most of the notable kills from the pre-streaming era, and wanted to pick a video that represented that timeframe.

  20. #1040
    What are the odds that Spirit Shell survives this expansion in its current form? It was massively op before, and removed for that reason, and now it's back!

    I just heard on Limit's stream: "Spirit Shell is broken!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •