Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Right now they are making it painfully obvious that the Runecarver is the Primus. Hopefully there is a plot twist that makes sense that he isn't.

As for the argument that people are presenting about time, they are really trying to sell the narrative that time is meaningless in the Shadowlands and that especially souls in the maw are tortured without end that they completely lose sense of time.
    Last edited by david0925; 2020-12-01 at 10:34 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I honestly doubt it, the Primus has been missing for a short time, where as the Runecarver seems to be this ancient being that has been trapped down there for an eternity.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Right now they are making it painfully obvious that the Runecarver is the Primus. Hopefully there is a plot twist that makes sense that he isn't.

As for the argument that people are presenting about time, they are really trying to sell the narrative that time is meaningless in the Shadowlands and that especially souls in the maw are tortured without end that they completely lose sense of time.
    I actually think the runecarver is the jailer atleast the bit that ankers him to the maw.

And the more we give back his memory and break his chains the more we unleash the jailer

This was my take too.

Another point of evidence is that the Rune Carver is the one that made Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination. Who would be better in making these powerful necromantic items then the ruler of Maldraxxus?
    The Jailer does not seem to posess necromantic powers as far as we have seen. He has his chains and can turn souls into his Mawsworn, but he hasn't used undead creatures.

Apart from that the Primus is obviously a very gifted rune smith, having made the Rune Blade that opens the Seat of the Primus.

perhaps the jailer somehow traded places with the runesmith/primus?
    in the launch cinematic you could see the jailer chained up in a similar setup. maybe it's the exact same chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of smart/cunning/manipulative supernatural characters in Warcraft, it's just that these Eternal Ones are dumb. Did the Primus really think he could single-handedly take on the Jailer? Did he think he could play hero and save the entire cosmos all by himself? Is he an ancient cosmic entity or a young fool?

He played with forces he couldn't understand and paid for it dearly, simple enough.
    Fair.
    I think all the good writers have gone, as we've noticed a distinct decline in clever, smart characters and their choices. Everything is painfully obvious. Hardly anything is a surprise anymore.
    "For Teldrassil."
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Thrall is Ragnaros logic confirmed
    Not at all, seeing as they're clearly totally separate characters.

The voice is the same, the model is the same, the story in that we work with all of the covenant leaders, he conveniently has his memories wiped (that we are gradually restoring) and the fact the Primus is missing and this is the only other main character we interact with outside of that.

It's intentionally obvious that he's the primus.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Good for him to provide a source. If I was required to provide source that grass is green or sky is blue, I'd say "piss off idiot".

So yeah, if you debate like this in other subjects - people don't prove you wrong with sources not because you're right, but because they just can't be bothered. It's you, not everyone else.
    So Im supposed to automatically know that the eye colors of these new 'titans' are tied to the color of their anima and that that color has a distinct lore representation of what kind of power fills them currently, which could change depending on where they are physically at and in which realm instead of just being some simple aesthetic choice? except for the runecarver because he's a special boy? I'm just supposed to know all that without asking a single question?

Why are you even quoting me? Who are you?

Doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of smart/cunning/manipulative supernatural characters in Warcraft, it's just that these Eternal Ones are dumb. Did the Primus really think he could single-handedly take on the Jailer? Did he think he could play hero and save the entire cosmos all by himself? Is he an ancient cosmic entity or a young fool?

He played with forces he couldn't understand and paid for it dearly, simple enough.
    I never really thought the Primus went to confront the Jailer singly-handedly - more I think his investigations hit on something the Jailer didn't want the Primus to know, and the Jailer used his agents (such as Sire Denathrius) to take the Primus by surprise.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I never really thought the Primus went to confront the Jailer singly-handedly - more I think his investigations hit on something the Jailer didn't want the Primus to know, and the Jailer used his agents (such as Sire Denathrius) to take the Primus by surprise.
    Here is the problem with the theory that he was abducted.

He's an Eternal One. The Eternal Ones are Titan-level beings of the Pantheon of Death. Abducting the Primus is like abducting Aman'thul or Aggramar or Sargeras. Does this seem feasible to you? The Jailer is powerful but his minions are not. Even Sylvanas would be destroyed by the Primus, and she's amongst the higher Mawsworn servants.

It could be that Denathrius abducted him, I guess, still if that was the case how did he even do it in the first place? If Primus didn't go to the Maw then he was abducted at his Seat, but then if Denathrius had to go to Maldraxxus and breach the Seat of the Primus to abduct him, then how come no one has any clue on what happened to this giant skeleton?
    Some will tell you that the Light is the only path. The only weapon that can stop the enemies of Azeroth. But we see alternatives. Many roads, many possibilities, that are open to us. There will be those who doubt you. Who question your resolve, your ability to harness powers that have caused the downfall of weaker wills. Together, we will prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Don't blame others for your mistakes. Someone getting irritated with you for being what they consider excessively obtuse is not their fault. You getting irritated at being misunderstood is 100% your fault. You openly acknowledge you were misunderstood, and you were very clearly irritated.

To reply to your point: I don't think eye color means anything. Eye color changes for drama in WoW.
    No. I got irritated because random asshole was talking shit to me for simply asking a question, when another poster was able to kindly put up the source asked for. And now countless other posters want to chime in and defend said shit talking cuz idk?

And then you answer my point and agree with what I said in the first place? The very thing I was attacked for by said assholes? Ok Sally what's your next trick?

I think the Runecarver is more than likely the architect that bound the Jailor to the Maw, it is quite evident that Zovaal is wearing armor with runes and chains that were crafted for the purpose of binding him to the Maw. I am betting the runecarver had to stay in the Maw to ensure the trap and imprisonment was successful and perhaps he removed some of his own memories to protect the Shadowlands.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Maybe the Primus are the friends we made along the way
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Herald of the Titans
    likely especially since we see that the primus made rune weapons .thou I wouldn’t be surprised if the runecarver turned out to be the original master of the maw. There are afew major problems between the design of what we seen of the primus and of course the time is odd in the sl so we can’t really tell when primus disappeared or when the rune carver was imprisoned

Azshara grew two new arms when she became a naga, so I'm sure he could have the number of fingers altered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Here is the problem with the theory that he was abducted.

He's an Eternal One. The Eternal Ones are Titan-level beings of the Pantheon of Death. Abducting the Primus is like abducting Aman'thul or Aggramar or Sargeras. Does this seem feasible to you? The Jailer is powerful but his minions are not. Even Sylvanas would be destroyed by the Primus, and she's amongst the higher Mawsworn servants.

It could be that Denathrius abducted him, I guess, still if that was the case how did he even do it in the first place? If Primus didn't go to the Maw then he was abducted at his Seat, but then if Denathrius had to go to Maldraxxus and breach the Seat of the Primus to abduct him, then how come no one has any clue on what happened to this giant skeleton?
    Depends on who does the abducting, really. Relative to a member of their own pantheon, like Zovaal or Sire Denathrius, the Primus is just a guy - no different than two random NPC's shanghaiing another NPC and putting them in prison. The Jailer has agents beyond his Mawsworn Kyrians or even Sylvanas as we discover, and one of them is apparently another Eternal One (the Sire), who could've easily enacted a plan to disable the Primus and secure his transit to the Maw for the Jailer to imprison more permanently. Obviously the Jailer wanted the Runecarver for a purpose, and if the Runecarver is also the Primus then that answers the "why" pretty evenly. Beyond that, the Primus' message to the Winter Queen reveals he was on to the Jailer's machinations, including the fact he was slowly but surely escaping the Maw, so if the Primus isn't the Runecarver he's still an obstacle in need of removal for the Jailer's plans to come to fruition.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I might be wrong but wasn't the whole point of the Primus going off investigating was because he wanted to ensure the Jailer could not do anything? He sent out a warning to the others about it... I highly doubt he teamed up with him then got betrayed. Captured, maybe.
    The jailer was once their brother until something happened and they locked him up

Possible the primus did work for him before that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think the Runecarver is more than likely the architect that bound the Jailor to the Maw, it is quite evident that Zovaal is wearing armor with runes and chains that were crafted for the purpose of binding him to the Maw. I am betting the runecarver had to stay in the Maw to ensure the trap and imprisonment was successful and perhaps he removed some of his own memories to protect the Shadowlands.
    The 4 leaders sealed him in the maw

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The jailer was once their brother until something happened and they locked him up

Possible the primus did work for him before that

- - - Updated - - -

The 4 leaders sealed him in the maw
    With the help of the Runecarver, they may very well have removed their memory of it as well to protect the other realms. If you think that is the whole story you are silly lol.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    The Primus disappeared recently, as Draka herself died only a few decades ago and remembers the Primus. Runecarver has been imprisoned for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
    How would he know how long he has been imprisoned for long time with no memory?

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    How would he know how long he has been imprisoned for long time with no memory?
    Time is also very inconsistent in the Shadowlands, especially so in the Maw. The gradient of time that's passed for the Runecarver may well not be the same for those in Maldraxxus such as Draka - in the Maw time seems very mutable with seconds stretching into veritable hours.