Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Not how it works. In the Maw time is relative to the person there. Jaina was there for maybe a week, but it felt like 1000 years to her. Or someone could be there for 1000 years and it feel like 5 minutes to them. Remember when starting the Maw questlines, when you first meet Jain she said she has escaped her prison countless times, but it was only like 10 minutes since everyone landed there. In her mind, she had already been there for years.



    Ion already said that the Jailer in the trailer was his design before they finalized it. What we have now is the Jailers final model that they came up with.
    Yeah bro I know it , that was a subtle jab . With the point being things can change in development and if they changed the main baddie of the expansion there is no way to tell if they did wouldn't do that for a side character , besides these little details keep the mystery going even though the clues are already laid down .
    Remember frostmourne was a untextured cube only a week ago , after release .
    They aren't masterminds when it comes to this sort of stuff.

    Best thing that comes to mind was Illgynoth whisper about the "circle of stars" which started big theorycrafting in the wow community. What did the mysterious circle of stars end up being?
    A room literally called circle of stars .

  2. #122
    The Runecarver is the Jailors soul.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Current theories for time in reality do actually show it can run backwards. It was raised as a possible method for information only based time travel. There are articles on this. Besides if time is subjective think of it this way.

    A bubble where time is running slowly or backwards. You step in and then out. When is it? It's entirely subjective. A millennia could have passed or it could be last week.
    1) there isn't a single theory that even remotely suggested that time might be running backwards in the maw, only that it "runs" differently, as in slow/faster etc.

    2) after the mess of WOD, blizz won't touch time travel with a 10 feet pole.

  4. #124
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    1) there isn't a single theory that even remotely suggested that time might be running backwards in the maw, only that it "runs" differently, as in slow/faster etc.

    2) after the mess of WOD, blizz won't touch time travel with a 10 feet pole.
    Well technically there's no theory's at all for it. Just assumptions. It's still a fantasy story and time can run up it's own arse if Blizzard chooses it to for the story direction.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Remember frostmourne was a untextured cube only a week ago , after release
    Thats a bug. Has something to do with the way you turn in the memories at the moment the cinematic triggered. One of my characters got it, but the other one didnt.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The Runecarver is the Jailors soul.
    I like this theory.

  7. #127
    I don't get why everyone keeps going on about the fingers but not the fact that this doesn't line up at all in terms of time. Runecarver = Primus is an easy and oblivious conclusion to get to make but it's also really faulty and it has a huge hole (and a smaller finger sized one). I doubt Blizzard cares though and they'll just claim time went backwards for the Primus in the Maw or some shit.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't get why everyone keeps going on about the fingers but not the fact that this doesn't line up at all in terms of time. Runecarver = Primus is an easy and oblivious conclusion to get to make but it's also really faulty and it has a huge hole (and a smaller finger sized one). I doubt Blizzard cares though and they'll just claim time went backwards for the Primus in the Maw or some shit.
    The fingers has actually been mostly disproven by now. The concept art for the Runecarver has the same number of fingers as the Primus, strengthening the justification that it was a simple developmental oversight.

    As for the time aspect we have been told several times that time does not function the same In the Shadowlands, even more so in the Maw where we both have had Jaina talk about her recent abduction like it has been months and months, but even the Runecarver specifically says that though he might feel he has been locked away for a while that his perception doesn't mean much when time barely exists there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #129
    I wonder if in extracting the memories in how to make things from the Runecarver the Jailer either A) extracted them incorrectly B)made them incorrectly. Like anything just because you have the plans doesn't mean you can make it too spec. I think there is a quest in Maldraxxus that talks about that a little bit, when the other woman makes the sword. She mentions how skilled he was at making things.

    What if while making Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination the Jailer messed it up and that Primus could have made them differently and correctly causing them to be much less evil in their design? Or different in some crucial way?

    Might be neat if that plot happens 1) We free the runecarver/restore his memory as the primus 2) He crafts the true frostmourne/helm of domination (after we gather him approximately 100k of soul ash per piece of course) 3) We find someone appropriate to give the armor too. (Arthas/Anduin) Said person becomes the Illidan of this expac.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohez View Post
    I wonder if in extracting the memories in how to make things from the Runecarver the Jailer either A) extracted them incorrectly B)made them incorrectly. Like anything just because you have the plans doesn't mean you can make it too spec. I think there is a quest in Maldraxxus that talks about that a little bit, when the other woman makes the sword. She mentions how skilled he was at making things.

    What if while making Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination the Jailer messed it up and that Primus could have made them differently and correctly causing them to be much less evil in their design? Or different in some crucial way?

    Might be neat if that plot happens 1) We free the runecarver/restore his memory as the primus 2) He crafts the true frostmourne/helm of domination (after we gather him approximately 100k of soul ash per piece of course) 3) We find someone appropriate to give the armor too. (Arthas/Anduin) Said person becomes the Illidan of this expac.
    I think it more likely then that the Helm and Sword were properly made, but that the Runecarver/Primus will make a better version withouth the evil stuff.

    Remember, the Helm and Sword is not necessarily evil, but rather links the soul to the Jailer, allowing him to control the wearer as well as channel his power.
    A new version would likely have to channel the power of the Arbiter or even the power of the rest of teh Shadowlands as a whole, though it could be intriguing if it could still channel the Maw without the influence of the Jailer.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A new version would likely have to channel the power of the Arbiter or even the power of the rest of teh Shadowlands as a whole, though it could be intriguing if it could still channel the Maw without the influence of the Jailer.
    Pretty obvious we're going to get "there must always be a Jailer" from someone, likely with the Helm of Dominion either being restored or merged into some of the Jailer and/or Arbiter's related objects.

    Jury's out on if it's going to be Bolvar, Sylvanas, Completely Not the Primus, an awakened Arbiter or a freshly-imprisoned Jailer putting it on.

    Edit: Or if the Arbiter dies, we'll get "there must always be an Arbiter."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  12. #132
    It is so obvious and 100% confirmed.

  13. #133
    i wish that Runecarver is not Primus, it would be kinda weak for the story. Primus is like this brilliant tactician and he got captured in the Maw... idk, i wish for a better story

    but, there is one thing that was kinda going in my mind.... Who was running the Maw before Zoval?

    Zoval was prolly the first Arbiter, he did some shit, they took his "heart" or whatever and made this being that is Arbiter now and put the "heart" in her chest so the business of souls can continue without Zoval. Then they chained Zoval up in the Maw and sealed the way out.

    But still, who was running the Maw before?

    Every realm has the Eternal one who is running things, so Maw prolly had it also.... but now we have the Jailer, who was watching over chained Zoval before he freed himself? Who was the Jailer before the Jailer?

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The 'Primus grew a finger in the Maw' theory is kind of a stretch lol
    every statue of the primus in maldraxus has 5 fingers. the runecarver has 5 fingers. wtf are you 4 finger people on about?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    every statue of the primus in maldraxus has 5 fingers. the runecarver has 5 fingers. wtf are you 4 finger people on about?
    Well I am looking straight at the Primus statue in the Seat of the Primus, and i only see 4 fingers.

    Regardless, the point is moot anyways. The concept art of the Runecarver shows him with 4 fingers, which means that it is likely an oversight when making the models or assets.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #136
    But the Primus is a skeleton [that's him sitting on the Throne in Maldraxxus]... and it's evident the fella in Torghast is flesh.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    But the Primus is a skeleton [that's him sitting on the Throne in Maldraxxus]... and it's evident the fella in Torghast is flesh.
    No...

    The Primus is hte statue INSIDE the Seat of the Primus. Whenever we get specific pieces of his armor that is the thing we put it on that then proceeds to talk to us.
    No idea why you would think the big statue of a generic Maldraxxus skeleton is what the Primus looks like.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No...

    The Primus is hte statue INSIDE the Seat of the Primus. Whenever we get specific pieces of his armor that is the thing we put it on that then proceeds to talk to us.
    No idea why you would think the big statue of a generic Maldraxxus skeleton is what the Primus looks like.
    Well, the place is called Seat of the Primus, and the skelly friend is sitting, so...

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Well, the place is called Seat of the Primus, and the skelly friend is sitting, so...
    You usually don't sit ontop of your hosue though...

    Though then again, I guess there are not that many that have a giant statue of a random jobber as a hosue either...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  20. #140
    You're not really a master tactician if you've been chained up for eons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •