Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The Runecarver is the Primus

It's so obvious.

The Primus was renowned for his weapon crafting ability. The Runecarver was used by the Jailer to make (something), presumably weapons.

The Primus has been gone a very long time. The Runecarver has been imprisoned so long that he doesn't even know.

The Runecarver has had his memory wiped so he wouldn't obviously give away the fact that his true identity is the Primus.

They even look similar, and even though they both cover their faces its even more obvious to obscure both bits of information if the big reveal is that the Primus is the Runecrafter.

The Primus must have worked alongside the Jailer, like Denathrius is, until he was betrayed by him (or the Primus betrayed the Jailer) and got jailed up for us to find.
    Last edited by shoc; 2020-11-28 at 10:23 PM.

He was a fool then. He toyed with powers beyond his understanding and was punished as a result. What's the saying, again? "Don't play with fire."

These Eternal Ones are so stupid, Jailer included. You'd think that such "eternal beings" would have more cunning/wisdom.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

It’s intentionally obvious that he is - even the voice is the same.

And yet they have different hands. The Runecarver has 5 fingers whereas the Primus only has 4.

Now this could of course be an oversight, but it seems that the abduction of hte Primus is relatively recent, whereas the Runecarver might have been the person who made the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne, in which case he might have been imprisoned for far longer.

Guess we will see though. The Necrolord covenant is absolutely itching for a proper reveal of the Primus.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, iguess it is true that whether the Primus has been gone longer than what would be assumed is pointless, there is still definite hints that they are not the same, mostly the fingers, but we do have a clear statue in the Seat of the Primus showing him with only 4 fingers, and you can obviously easily go to the Runecarver and see he has 5.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Their eyes are different colors.

That’s not the actual Primus on the right. All we communicate with is a statue of him. Who knows what his actual eye color is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Their eyes are different colors.
    Which means nothing when the very substance that the covenant leaders are practically made of changes colors depending on zone.

If it's really the primus, he's now blue because he is a prisoner inside the Maw.

Formerly known as Arafal

Source on that?
    LITERALLY in the zones you did to get to 60.....it's red in Reven, light blue in bastion etc

7+ Year Old Account
    I might be wrong but wasn't the whole point of the Primus going off investigating was because he wanted to ensure the Jailer could not do anything? He sent out a warning to the others about it... I highly doubt he teamed up with him then got betrayed. Captured, maybe.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

The Primus only recently dissapeared no? While the Runecarver has been trapped for a very long time?
    Time probably flows different in Torghast but still, its entirely possible they are the same but I still have doubts.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Primus statue and the Runecarver have different amount of fingers.

Also, the Primus just disappeared.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Primus missing for a relatively short time, and Runecarver imprisoned for much longer?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Coincidence =/= source
    wtf are you talking about? He said the anima that they are made of changes colors zone to zone. The source is you LITERALLY see the anima different colors in each zone. That is the source not a coincidence. Not sure if trolling or what...

7+ Year Old Account
    Coincidence =/= source
    Not a coincidence

Formerly known as Arafal

So eyecolors are dictated by the anima in their bodies, and the color of the anima is dictated on where it is physically present at any given moment? So if your theory is correct if somebody had one foot in bastion and the other in revendreth he would have one red and one blue eye?

All that is well and good enough, but you aren't the source I'm looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

See now THAT'S a source.

Where did you get that from if you don't mind I've never seen that (nor anything suggesting color was dictated by where the anima was)But then if that was true shouldn't the runecarver have black eyes and not blue?
    its from blizzcon last year iirc. definitely official blizzard stuff
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

So eyecolors are dictated by the anima in their bodies, and the color of the anima is dictated on where it is physically present at any given moment? So if your theory is correct if somebody had one foot in bastion and the other in revendreth he would have one red and one blue eye?

All that is well and good enough, but you aren't the source I'm looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

See now THAT'S a source.

Where did you get that from if you don't mind I've never seen that (nor anything suggesting color was dictated by where the anima was)But then if that was true shouldn't the runecarver have black eyes and not blue?
    You demanded a source on a statement that said anima changes colors per realm and if you played the game you would easily see that. However, as a usual debate would suggest, these people are MADE of anima thus the stuff that is their "eye color" is the anima in them as also evidenced in several quests when they use it. So once again, an infographic was neither a source nor necessary. You apparently didn't play the game if you're demanding a source of something you LITERALLY see almost everywhere in each zone.

You also must have never used a flight path if you're demanding a source as the ANIMA gateways to each realm are colored anima of the realm. Your whole temper tantrum you're having seems to be as if I need a source to say humans in our world need to breathe to live.
    Last edited by ohwell; 2020-11-29 at 12:37 AM.

Notice how somebody else DID provide a source? Yeah try that next time instead of ranting and insulting.
    They did provide a source. They pointed out to you that you can quite literally see in game (read: a source) that anima in Revendreth is red, and that anima in Bastion is blue-white, etc. You, somehow missing this readily observable fact, decided to rather nonsensically dismiss this as just "coincidence", despite there not being any coincidence involved. It's not like anima shows up one time in each zone and happens to be that color, you literally deal with it directly or indirectly constantly throughout the quests and each and every time it is zone-color consistent.

When you watch the Venthyr draw anima out of people it is red, when it is in vials in Revendreth it is red, when you infuse gargoyles it is red, when the thing that happens at the end of the zone happens, it is red.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2020-11-29 at 12:53 AM.

The 5 fingers vs 4 fingers things isn't a point to consider. Remember that the souls that go into the maw (and other realms of the Shadowlands) sometimes have their forms changed.

All of the Jailer' army? Once souls from other worlds, likely some of his guards were once on Azeroth. Other souls refused to work with him even after all their torture, and were chained up inside Torghast. Keeping these 'innocent' souls there means more beings are likely to try and rescue them, meaning potentially more powerful souls for the Jailer, some who may not be so difficult to break or convert.

As such, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the Primus form changed after being in the maw for so long. He's presented as being a master weaponsmith and master tactician, with unrivalled might. That's a perfect soul to chain up and drain anima from for a very long time.

People might think "If he was so powerful, he wouldn't have been caught", but we saw even Sargeras be taken away from Azeroth by Illidan and the titans. If the Jailor had help from the darker forces of the cosmos, it's entirely possible that the Primus was caught and chained up in order to allow those same forces to try and overthrow the balance in the constant power struggle that goes on in the cosmos.

Another possibility is that the Jailer and the Primus are aspects of the same being - akin to the Night Warrior and Elune, but which were split apart by some higher power for their own ends. Both have similar traits: Capable of commanding a vast army, revered by their followers, master tacticians, incredibly strong, capable of forging incredible weapons, and seemingly able to oversee their entire domain. In regards to weapons, I feel that the Jailer's weapons are the chains, which seem to hold onto and drain souls rather than inflicting physical wounds.

You people try too hard to argue ffs. I already said I noticed in game the color variations, and I also already said that I assumed that was done just for cosmetic and thematic purposes. Some rando on the internet telling me "it is cuz I say so" is not, in fact, a proper source. If you must insist on interjecting yourself into other people's conversations, the least you could do is inform yourself of what has and has not already been said.
    You making poor assumptions doesn't somehow invalidate a proper source, which the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    The 5 fingers vs 4 fingers things isn't a point to consider. Remember that the souls that go into the maw (and other realms of the Shadowlands) sometimes have their forms changed.

All of the Jailer' army? Once souls from other worlds, likely some of his guards were once on Azeroth. Other souls refused to work with him even after all their torture, and were chained up inside Torghast. Keeping these 'innocent' souls there means more beings are likely to try and rescue them, meaning potentially more powerful souls for the Jailer, some who may not be so difficult to break or convert.

As such, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the Primus form changed after being in the maw for so long. He's presented as being a master weaponsmith and master tactician, with unrivalled might. That's a perfect soul to chain up and drain anima from for a very long time.

People might think "If he was so powerful, he wouldn't have been caught", but we saw even Sargeras be taken away from Azeroth by Illidan and the titans. If the Jailor had help from the darker forces of the cosmos, it's entirely possible that the Primus was caught and chained up in order to allow those same forces to try and overthrow the balance in the constant power struggle that goes on in the cosmos.

Another possibility is that the Jailer and the Primus are aspects of the same being - akin to the Night Warrior and Elune, but which were split apart by some higher power for their own ends. Both have similar traits: Capable of commanding a vast army, revered by their followers, master tacticians, incredibly strong, capable of forging incredible weapons, and seemingly able to oversee their entire domain. In regards to weapons, I feel that the Jailer's weapons are the chains, which seem to hold onto and drain souls rather than inflicting physical wounds.
    Those enemies are souls inhabiting armor. You may not have noticed by none of the enemies there except the forsworn or other enemies from elsewhere in the Shadowlands have an actual body underneath the armor.

There is no proof whatsoever that souls change shape when they enter the Maw, especially one as specific as gaining an extra finger on each hand.

There are good evidence, but there is also evidence to the contrary, so I wouldnt immediately jump to the Runecarver being the Primus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The 'Primus grew a finger in the Maw' theory is kind of a stretch lol