Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I never really thought the Primus went to confront the Jailer singly-handedly - more I think his investigations hit on something the Jailer didn't want the Primus to know, and the Jailer used his agents (such as Sire Denathrius) to take the Primus by surprise.
    Here is the problem with the theory that he was abducted.

He's an Eternal One. The Eternal Ones are Titan-level beings of the Pantheon of Death. Abducting the Primus is like abducting Aman'thul or Aggramar or Sargeras. Does this seem feasible to you? The Jailer is powerful but his minions are not. Even Sylvanas would be destroyed by the Primus, and she's amongst the higher Mawsworn servants.

It could be that Denathrius abducted him, I guess, still if that was the case how did he even do it in the first place? If Primus didn't go to the Maw then he was abducted at his Seat, but then if Denathrius had to go to Maldraxxus and breach the Seat of the Primus to abduct him, then how come no one has any clue on what happened to this giant skeleton?

I think the Runecarver is more than likely the architect that bound the Jailor to the Maw, it is quite evident that Zovaal is wearing armor with runes and chains that were crafted for the purpose of binding him to the Maw. I am betting the runecarver had to stay in the Maw to ensure the trap and imprisonment was successful and perhaps he removed some of his own memories to protect the Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Primus are the friends we made along the way
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    likely especially since we see that the primus made rune weapons .thou I wouldn’t be surprised if the runecarver turned out to be the original master of the maw. There are afew major problems between the design of what we seen of the primus and of course the time is odd in the sl so we can’t really tell when primus disappeared or when the rune carver was imprisoned

Azshara grew two new arms when she became a naga, so I'm sure he could have the number of fingers altered.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Here is the problem with the theory that he was abducted.

He's an Eternal One. The Eternal Ones are Titan-level beings of the Pantheon of Death. Abducting the Primus is like abducting Aman'thul or Aggramar or Sargeras. Does this seem feasible to you? The Jailer is powerful but his minions are not. Even Sylvanas would be destroyed by the Primus, and she's amongst the higher Mawsworn servants.

It could be that Denathrius abducted him, I guess, still if that was the case how did he even do it in the first place? If Primus didn't go to the Maw then he was abducted at his Seat, but then if Denathrius had to go to Maldraxxus and breach the Seat of the Primus to abduct him, then how come no one has any clue on what happened to this giant skeleton?
    Depends on who does the abducting, really. Relative to a member of their own pantheon, like Zovaal or Sire Denathrius, the Primus is just a guy - no different than two random NPC's shanghaiing another NPC and putting them in prison. The Jailer has agents beyond his Mawsworn Kyrians or even Sylvanas as we discover, and one of them is apparently another Eternal One (the Sire), who could've easily enacted a plan to disable the Primus and secure his transit to the Maw for the Jailer to imprison more permanently. Obviously the Jailer wanted the Runecarver for a purpose, and if the Runecarver is also the Primus then that answers the "why" pretty evenly. Beyond that, the Primus' message to the Winter Queen reveals he was on to the Jailer's machinations, including the fact he was slowly but surely escaping the Maw, so if the Primus isn't the Runecarver he's still an obstacle in need of removal for the Jailer's plans to come to fruition.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I might be wrong but wasn't the whole point of the Primus going off investigating was because he wanted to ensure the Jailer could not do anything? He sent out a warning to the others about it... I highly doubt he teamed up with him then got betrayed. Captured, maybe.
    The jailer was once their brother until something happened and they locked him up

Possible the primus did work for him before that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I think the Runecarver is more than likely the architect that bound the Jailor to the Maw, it is quite evident that Zovaal is wearing armor with runes and chains that were crafted for the purpose of binding him to the Maw. I am betting the runecarver had to stay in the Maw to ensure the trap and imprisonment was successful and perhaps he removed some of his own memories to protect the Shadowlands.
    The 4 leaders sealed him in the maw

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The jailer was once their brother until something happened and they locked him up

- - - Updated - - -

The 4 leaders sealed him in the maw
    With the help of the Runecarver, they may very well have removed their memory of it as well to protect the other realms. If you think that is the whole story you are silly lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    The Primus disappeared recently, as Draka herself died only a few decades ago and remembers the Primus. Runecarver has been imprisoned for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
    How would he know how long he has been imprisoned for long time with no memory?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    How would he know how long he has been imprisoned for long time with no memory?
    Time is also very inconsistent in the Shadowlands, especially so in the Maw. The gradient of time that's passed for the Runecarver may well not be the same for those in Maldraxxus such as Draka - in the Maw time seems very mutable with seconds stretching into veritable hours.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

Oh good point!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    With the help of the Runecarver, they may very well have removed their memory of it as well to protect the other realms. If you think that is the whole story you are silly lol.
    There’s no mention of the rune carver by any of the leaders

Trying to infer that the runecarver is the 5th man simply because you don’t think he could be the primus is foolish

Trying to infer that the runecarver is the 5th man simply because you don’t think he could be the primus is foolish
    I think it is very evident he made the chains and bindings for the jailor.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes and based on what runecarver said it seems like he wants payback for whats been done to him almost like its been awhile stuck like that. There was another person I wondered who it could be but the fingers gave it away so I think not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Varian was split into two personalities. Wouldn't surprise me if there using the same idea with the Runecarver and Primus. Then some how players are suppose to help them become whole again.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I might be wrong but wasn't the whole point of the Primus going off investigating was because he wanted to ensure the Jailer could not do anything? He sent out a warning to the others about it... I highly doubt he teamed up with him then got betrayed. Captured, maybe.
    This. He wasn't working with the Zoval at all. I definitely lean towards the side of thinking that the Runecarver is the Primus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Akarek, Margrave of the House of Eyes is/was the Primus.

What if the Nathrezim are behind the Primus dissaperance?
    The runecarver seems too obvious to be the Primus imo, even for Blizz.

Like, damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No. I got irritated because random asshole was talking shit to me for simply asking a question, when another poster was able to kindly put up the source asked for. And now countless other posters want to chime in and defend said shit talking cuz idk?

And then you answer my point and agree with what I said in the first place? The very thing I was attacked for by said assholes? Ok Sally what's your next trick?
    Your second reply with a quote was taken as hostile. You cannot simply dismiss someone's answer and not expect them to be irritated. There was no hostility to or from you before that point, so you, in fact, opened the hostilities. You might have gotten better results with something like, "Thanks, but I'm looking for a more official statement that that." However, that was not what you said, and what you did say rubbed people the wrong way. Any reply you make past that point that isn't fixing that misunderstanding is you adding to the problem.

What you intended makes no difference. I'm simply stating things as I see them. You irritated someone by writing what the other person obviously took as you arguing with their answer, and you decided to attack instead of mend your misunderstanding. Other people being wrong does not absolve you of wrongdoing. You caused the misunderstanding by not making your intentions clear, and any backlash you get from refusing to deescalate and explain your meaning is fairly earned.

I said my opinion on the thing about which you were talking since I replied to you. I actually did research on that opinion as well since this is, ostensibly, a discussion of the similarities between the Runecarver and the Primus.

For the record: Eye color doesn't officially change for drama, but a mage's eyes changing color depending on the school spell they cast, for example, is a "hand wave". Someone's eyes burning for a fire spell or turning icy blue for an ice spell is far too dramatically appropriate for me to believe the official reason isn't an afterthought, because no one talked about it happening before it happened, and that seems a bit suspect to me. That makes it hard for me to think it isn't possible they change another character's eye color for drama. Thus my opinion of eye color meaning nothing because it can change for simple drama.

I'm not saying eye color doesn't change in WoW for other reasons. I'm just explaining why I think eye color changing isn't a good argument for them not being the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPaper View Post
    Remember when Kilrogg Deadeye got another skull in his beard, just by drinking felblood? Anything is possible
    Literally

When my mechagnome dies her legs and arms somehow develop skeletal bones

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Varian was split into two personalities. Wouldn't surprise me if there using the same idea with the Runecarver and Primus. Then some how players are suppose to help them become whole again.
    They’re going to do the same idea a few times this xpack. Either a Summer Queen (which would be fun) or (more likely) something about the Arbiter being made of a piece of the jailer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    What if the Nathrezim are behind the Primus dissaperance?
    The runecarver seems too obvious to be the Primus imo, even for Blizz.

Like, damn.
    I’m starting to wonder if they have something to do with the first ones