Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Winter queen origins & relatives

In Ardenweald it is said she has a sister.Ysera is empowered by freya when transfored from ordinary proto drake to an aspect.Keeper Freya empowered her and her powers are connected to Eonar.
    Does this means Winter Queen's sister is Eonar?After all life and death are oposits and Eonar is the titan of life.If that is so is it possible the Shadow Lands leaders to be Titans in their past life?Well maybe not all of them but lets say 2 or 3 out of 5?Maybe the Jailer,Winter Queen and the Primus.

What happens to the titans when they die?Also does death has an impact to their powers?Are they evolving into something more suitable for the realm they rule?Or it is said the Eternal one ordered shadow lands.Does this mean the realms are made in a way to suit the powers of their rulers?
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

I believe its either Eonar or Elune, also the face of the Runecarver reminds me of the cinematic with the Primus in Maldraxxus ending.
    Last edited by Hero2Zer0; 2020-11-29 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Elune not Elaine

Might be looking too into this. The leader of these factions are the pantheon of death, the opposite side of the coin to the pantheon we've known about for so long. Her sister would be Kyrestia the Firstborne, there are no other females of this pantheon that we know of.

The cinematic for yseras redemption strongly hinted at Elune rather than Eonar, but your logic is sound too, so who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

It's Eonar. 100%.

I strongly believe it's someone we don't know about, likely the ruler of the Life Plane/Emerald Dream.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I strongly believe it's someone we don't know about, likely the ruler of the Life Plane/Emerald Dream.
    How did you get to this?

I mean the links to either elune or eonar are pretty strong. Nothing realy indicates to a new being when Ysera is directly linked to those 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the key words to think about here are "one of my sister's pets" when speaking of Ysera when you are trying to figure it out. Its not just Ysera who is her sister's pet but I would assume it would mean all of the dragon aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    How did you get to this?

I mean the links to either elune or eonar are pretty strong. Nothing realy indicates to a new being when Ysera is directly linked to those 2.
    Because neither of those two should be the ruler of the Life Plane, where the Emerald Dream originates from. A Titan Keeper didn't create the Dream, she pulled it from somewhere. Elune is either a being of Light or something outside of the 6 Cosmic forces and Eonar is a Titan, a being from Order. It makes sense to me for her sister to be the opposite to herself, and the opposite of Ardenweald is the Emerald Dream.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Well we don't really know what the Winter Queen meant by saying "It's my sister's" and "her pet". Was she implying the origins of Ysera? Then Eonar probably. Was she implying the way she got to the Shadowlands? That would mean Elune, since it was her who purified Ysera out of the Nightmare allowing her to travel to Ardenweald.

IMO she meant Eonar. The titans seem to be relatively on the same power level as the Eternal Ones. If the Winter Queen was Elune's sister then that would mean the Eternal Ones are extremely dumb and incompetent. I think Elune is on the level of the First Ones, who are supposedly a tier above the Eternal Ones (maybe Elune is part of them?).

This is already being discussed in the
    [Spoilers] Shadowlands Cinematic - Ardenweald
    thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    but I would assume it would mean all of the dragon aspects.
    That fits, but her sister having having a menagerie of multiple influential beings would work too. One of whom being Ysera. The clues are vague enough to be misinterpreted by any or all of us, sorta like Old god whispers or Game of Thrones prophecy.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

10+ Year Old Account
    My first thoughts were Elunu too, who else would see Ysera as a "pet" (though I'm sure Elune doesn't see her that way it was just the WQ being snobbish).
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

My guess is that elune is the mother of all Titans from every realm they exist in, the jailer is clearly mirroring Kronos from Greek mythology so obviously there's going to be connections all around, Kronos may very well be the daddy of all Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why is she being called the Winter Queen? Just curious, cause there’s no winters in her realm and I haven’t seen her cast any winter powers.

I never understood that.
    Winter's generally when everything goes dormant in nature which prepares for the rebirth in spring and summer. My guess is that she has a proper name that we just don't know yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why is she being called the Winter Queen? Just curious, cause there’s no winters in her realm and I haven’t seen her cast any winter powers.

I never understood that.
    It's thematically the autumn and winter to the EDs spring and summer.

It's "winter" in the sense that it's supposed to reflect animal hibernation and nature going dormant only to awaken once spring sets in.
    Ara'lon even says as much in the afterlives short: "I shall protect these souls through their winter (Death), i shall see them reborn in their spring (completion of their rebirth)"
    Last edited by Raetary; 2020-11-29 at 05:17 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Well we don't really know what the Winter Queen meant by saying "It's my sister's" and "her pet". Was she implying the origins of Ysera? Then Eonar probably. Was she implying the way she got to the Shadowlands? That would mean Elune, since it was her who purified Ysera out of the Nightmare allowing her to travel to Ardenweald.

IMO she meant Eonar. The titans seem to be relatively on the same power level as the Eternal Ones. If the Winter Queen was Elune's sister then that would mean the Eternal Ones are extremely dumb and incompetent. I think Elune is on the level of the First Ones, who are supposedly a tier above the Eternal Ones (maybe Elune is part of them?).
    I agree. They have even called the Eternal Ones the Pantheon of Death. It makes more sense for Eonar to be her "sister".

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    My guess is that elune is the mother of all Titans from every realm they exist in, the jailer is clearly mirroring Kronos from Greek mythology so obviously there's going to be connections all around, Kronos may very well be the daddy of all Titans.
    What if its more like Davy Jones from the Pirates films? Like Elune and the Jailer were in love and she had him give up his heart to power the Arbiter then abandoned him and left the shadowlands to go fuck around.

It is most likely Elune. Eonar has nothing to do with Shadowlands and Elune has a presence here aswell that will be talked about in Ardenwield. She also is the one who took Ysera's soul when Ysera died.

Elune herself might have a relationship with Eonar though, because of where Eonar was hiding out at, it could also be that Eonar has been pretending to be Elune aswell, but if they're separate characters than it's most likely Elune

7+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious that her sister would be the Archon - the Winter Queen says that Denathrius is her brother during the end of Ardenweald questing - the vision of the Primus also states that Zooval is their brother. So all of the Eternals are one family.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I agree. They have even called the Eternal Ones the Pantheon of Death. It makes more sense for Eonar to be her "sister".
    Pantheon of Death does not mean they have a necessary connection to the Pantheon of Order which Eonar is apart of. It just means that these are the gods, the highest forms of this group. There could be a Pantheon of Life and Fel, Light and Void aswell.

Eonar is an Arcane being who reaches into Life, the Winterqueen is a Death being who also reaches over into life, that's their main connection.