Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    i had 2 razer naga and both had the double clicking problem in a year or less. logitech g600 has lasted way longer and i got it for $30 compared to the overpriced $100 naga.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i had 2 razer naga and both had the double clicking problem in a year or less. logitech g600 has lasted way longer and i got it for $30 compared to the overpriced $100 naga.
    Every mouse I owned had double clicking problem in year or less. That includes razers, corsairs, logitechs, no-name mouses.

Bad news is that most mouses uses cheapest variation of OMRON microswitch
    D2FC-F-7N which is 5M (5 milion clicks durability)

Good news is that literally any service (like mobile phone repair service, laptop service, PC service or any service that deals with electronics) can replace that for you for cheap.

You can even replace that yourself if you have any idea about soldering iron and you have one.

Good news is that there is a 20M durability variation of D2FC-F-7N. And I always use that one when replacing.

There is no rule saying that more expensive mouse will last longer, its all about luck and type of microswitch that is used.

There is a good resource about microswitches and replacement here:
    https://www.test-gear.pl/poradniki/m...aprawawymiana/
    However you need to translate it to english.

3+ Year Old Account
    I love my 12 button naga. Use it for every game I play, but it makes WoW more fun

Roccat Nyth its fully modular so instead of 4 rows of 3 on the side I have 2 rows like a normal naga and then nice fat buttons that take up 2 rows of 3 because i always hated reaching with my thumb for those small ones.
    DPS is science
    Tanking is skill
    Healing is art

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Classic strawman. Humans were built to use two legs but they weren't build to push two buttons at once (technically pushing buttons function wasn't in design at all), not to mention you actually have to push one button slightly earlier.

It is you who don't understand basic body functions but its ok, you can see how your theory works in notepad, try pressing shift + a super fast and you will sometimes see small "a" instead of capital "A".
    Oh my god it's like arguing with a badly-designed robot.

Humans were designed to use more than one finger at once, too, dude, often in ways that involve extremely precise timing (by your logic playing the piano or guitar proficiently or typing fast and accurately should be extremely tricky). Fuck's sake. And yeah, no, I don't see that with Shift+A, I only get A but like I said, I'm a very good typist. I mean good job pranking me by getting me to type A a bunch of times I guess lol - I did do it like 30 times because I wanted to be sure I was actually not talking shit here. But you're illustrating the issue. You're not good at pressing keyboard combos, I am. So fair enough if you're not, a multi-button mouse probably has more value.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    way to use the outliers to argue for the norm.
    See this is a more legit criticism, but given the person I was arguing against specifically was saying that it would be a "DPS increase" - and a large one - for all/virtually players, I would maintain that I am correct to say that is not the case, and I suspect you agree. Even the people who love multi-button mice are advising against using them for any ability you press very often - you DPS rotational abilities will not be on there, and if you need a button on your mouse to activate your cooldowns, well, your problems with DPS are bigger than a mouse assuming you are normally-abled (no disrespect to people who aren't - total respect for anyone who plays MMOs with a disability, however they can get it to work, that's awesome) and not likely to be solved by that mouse.

If a twelve+ button mouse helps someone, great - that's a good thing. But to suggest it's some kind of universal benefit is nonsensical.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-12-07 at 03:41 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G502

There is literally no reason to have 12 buttons on the side of your mouse all so small that you inevitably hit more than one of them at a time. People who buy that shit 99% of the time bind two spells to those buttons and pretend their S-Tier Arena league. They are not.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I recently bought Logitech G600 and it works like a charm. It's pretty plain in design, and that's how I like it.
    I am a fierce naga user, Always was more a fan of the adjustable size 2012 model, but since I have the newer naga it only has 3 options and 1 of them is mmo. Its not feeling great. So I JUST ordered the g600 to see how it feels. I realy want the 12 key mouse, so I think this is my best bet currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Logitech G502

There is literally no reason to have 12 buttons on the side of your mouse all so small that you inevitably hit more than one of them at a time. People who buy that shit 99% of the time bind two spells to those buttons and pretend their S-Tier Arena league. They are not.
    +1 exactly, those side 12 mouses are mistake

G502 is almost perfect in terms of buttons amount / ergonomic

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every mouse I owned had double clicking problem in year or less. That includes razers, corsairs, logitechs, no-name mouses.

Also this may have been true at one point, but it is not true anymore, not if you're buying the more series gaming mice-type mice being discussed here. An awful lot of gaming mice have specific numbers of click they're rated for, and it's typically 20m or 50m (if they list it - sure if not it's fair to assume it's 5m).

I've had the double-clicking problem or similar with a lot of mice too - but it's stopped since I got a Steelseries 110 some years ago - I can't find how many clicks that's rated for, but unlike other mice, it's lasted multiple years, and shows no sign whatsoever of decline (I realize that by typing this it will break tomorrow). The current version of it, the Steelseries Rival 3 is rated for 60 million clicks with it's Omron microswitches - and it's £34.99 so bottom-end gaming mouse price-wise.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Been using the Naga for around 9 years. First one (original model) lasted me 6 years until it started double-clicking, been using the Naga Chroma since then with no issues at all.

I use a Logitech MX Master 2s. I use the side scrollwheel for 2 button assignments (up and down scroll) and the 2 buttons beside it for Ctrl and Alt modifier keys. The button to switch scroll modes is used for summoning my mount.

That's all I need and I am playing mainly a WW monk(!!).

I had a logitech mmo mouse and they're fine, but you become too much dependent on these and they're not THAT useful honestly, also they do kinda hurt on the thumb especially when you require clicking it so often and quickly. I thought the mmo mouse was actually more useful for coding work where I could map the buttons to certain hot keys (and since I don't constantly press all the time, it doesn't hurt).

Good news is that literally any service (like mobile phone repair service, laptop service, PC service or any service that deals with electronics) can replace that for you for cheap.

You can even replace that yourself if you have any idea about soldering iron and you have one.

Good news is that there is a 20M durability variation of D2FC-F-7N. And I always use that one when replacing.

There is no rule saying that more expensive mouse will last longer, its all about luck and type of microswitch that is used.

There is a good resource about microswitches and replacement here:
    https://www.test-gear.pl/poradniki/m...aprawawymiana/
    However you need to translate it to english.
    i just checked when i ordered my current g600 and it was over 2 years ago, so thats already longer than any naga i had lol.

I'm sitting with a Logitech G PRO and is ambidextrous, which is important for me since I'm a leftie.

For the other lefties, I would like to bring your attention to the new edition of the Razer Naga: the left-handed edition is back! I'm looking forward to testing it! Did anyone here have the chance to try it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

Humans were designed to use more than one finger at once, too, dude, often in ways that involve extremely precise timing (by your logic playing the piano or guitar proficiently or typing fast and accurately should be extremely tricky). Fuck's sake. And yeah, no, I don't see that with Shift+A, I only get A but like I said, I'm a very good typist. I mean good job pranking me by getting me to type A a bunch of times I guess lol - I did do it like 30 times because I wanted to be sure I was actually not talking shit here. But you're illustrating the issue. You're not good at pressing keyboard combos, I am. So fair enough if you're not, a multi-button mouse probably has more value.

See this is a more legit criticism, but given the person I was arguing against specifically was saying that it would be a "DPS increase" - and a large one - for all/virtually players, I would maintain that I am correct to say that is not the case, and I suspect you agree. Even the people who love multi-button mice are advising against using them for any ability you press very often - you DPS rotational abilities will not be on there, and if you need a button on your mouse to activate your cooldowns, well, your problems with DPS are bigger than a mouse assuming you are normally-abled (no disrespect to people who aren't - total respect for anyone who plays MMOs with a disability, however they can get it to work, that's awesome) and not likely to be solved by that mouse.

If a twelve+ button mouse helps someone, great - that's a good thing. But to suggest it's some kind of universal benefit is nonsensical.
    not at all. bind your main 6 abilities to 1-6, bind 7-12 on the mouse. less buttons to press = faster use = easier to do rotations = more dps. it's not a difficult concept. use a combination of shift/alt with the above for abilities you use less. the benefits are quantifiable, i don't know why you're arguing.

That just means you weren't pressing it fast enough. I told my guildies to take that test too and guess what? Small a also appeared! Why? Because human reaction time is around 20ms and you need to coordinate two fingers instead of one. Once you reach a certain speed, more and more "errors" will appear. So no matter how good you are at pressing two buttons sequentially (because technically it is not at the same time, shift has to be pressed slightly before A, depending on keyboard it would be around 1ms, if your keyboard has 1000hz polling rate) you WILL make a mistake at some point.
    https://blog.seethis.link/scan-rate-estimator/

You probably don't even know if you are good or not, you just assume so. But then take another test and rebind ALL of your main skills to combo keys like shift+a, alt + a, ctrl + a and see how well you will go.

Long story short, pressing one button is objectively easier and faster than combo key and also is not prone to errors no matter how fast you go.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this may have been true at one point, but it is not true anymore, not if you're buying the more series gaming mice-type mice being discussed here. An awful lot of gaming mice have specific numbers of click they're rated for, and it's typically 20m or 50m (if they list it - sure if not it's fair to assume it's 5m).
    It is still true for vast majority of mouses. Even most expensive ones. Some companies like steelseries just puts 20 or 30 or 50M ones in there it just means they will, on average last longer. But make no mistake, double clicks can still happen.
    Apparently 310 version have Omrons D2FC-F-K(50M).
    Naga got D2FC-F-7N(20M) - the same i use for repairing my mouses.
    G502 got D2FC-F-7N(20M) - exactly the same as naga
    G600 got D2FC-F-7N(20M) - exactly the same

So, apart from steelseries that uses more durable switches, all other mouses have those as well so their durability on average should be the same.

And again, there is no point in choosing durable mouse because replacement is really dirt cheap. Microswitches are like $5 for both and repair cost should be not higher than $20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i just checked when i ordered my current g600 and it was over 2 years ago, so thats already longer than any naga i had lol.
    They both have exact same switches. Neither logitech nor naga produces their own microswitches, they use the same model D2FC-F-7N(20M)

Unless of course you managed to brick a mouse in some other way than double click.

Razer was good, but now i have issues with the side buttons going to shit every 6 months, i switched to the logitech g600 and havent looked back.

I've had a couple Naga, and a couple Scimitars. Overall I think the Corsair Scimitars are more quality mice, though the icue software can be buggy sometimes. The Scimitar also lets you slide the number pad up towards the left click or back towards the heel of the mouse.

I did also consider the g600 as well before I got my Scimitar, but I had a couple buddies that had Scimitars, so that kinda swayed me.
    Last edited by muto; 2021-07-27 at 09:40 AM.

I am using a 4 tech x7 mouse. Very comfortable and there are enough buttons.