Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Nothing is stopping you from gearing up
    Not relevant.

stack the trait that makes vivify do damage equal to 50% of what it heals you
    go mw last boss

ez

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    stack the trait that makes vivify do damage equal to 50% of what it heals you
    go mw last boss

ez
    That's my plan for sure. Hopefully I get that power during my runs.

Torghast is easy for monks... well at least for this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...snt_that_hard/

I went Kyrian and whether or not a run is easy for me generally depends on if I get the anima power that does damage when I jump or roll while my covenant ability is active. Extra bonus if I get the one that resets the cooldown on the covenant ability when I use a phial. I don't have confidence I'll be able to clear level 6 though with any amount of ease. Sitting at 178 ilevel right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Doing Thorghast as MW and did level 5 yesterday. Although I feel it's ramping up by now, it's still easy. I tried it on my disc and resto shaman, and healing in role in general seems to be far easier than dps role

10+ Year Old Account
    If I get the Vivify anima power the run is pretty much 100% complete. Have done max levels for this week and each time had that anima power. Its legit broken along with the Kyrian one.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

the Vivify anima power is ridiculously strong. You can literally just pull the whole room as Brm go out of line of sight to get all the annoying mobs in range and then burn everything down with 5-10k dps and that's the baseline of getting that anima power just once.

edit: also those 75% reduced healing done anima powers are kinda weird. They seem to not work. I had today a choice between two of these anima powers, so I could not avoid the 75% reduced healing done but it had zero impact on my healing. I healed myself for the same amount and I healed a teammate for the same amount as before.
    Last edited by Wuusah; 2020-12-12 at 01:45 PM.

I'm ilvl170 going in as a Brm. Managed to clear the current 6 layers of both levels solo. 2-6 was the trickiest of all for sure...had me sweating near the end

I did Layer 8 of the last week (the stacking fire DoT and extra Physical damage) as BrM. For the Fire one I had to use the Anima that reduces Fire damage and stacked passively healing animas. Basically makes you immortal since Stagger is automatically healed. But without those it is rough to solo as BrM. Self-healing is not our strength and eventually the Stagger will catch up to you.

Tried in WW, but on the 4th or 5th room the big elites clobber you so hard it is very difficult to stay alive, not to mention the bosses.

Kyrian WW here at 198 iL. Since the big Torghast tuning Layer 8 seems pretty chill now. My runs are 25-30m depending on powers I guess. As most monks know by now the Corrosive Dosage is the most OP. Aggroing an entire room and leg sweeping then using Vivify is very comical with Corrosive Dosage, I also personally enjoy the Celestial powers as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    They nerfed the shit out of Maw-Darkened Slippers so they no longer proc when you jump, only rolling works now. So if you don't get corrosive dosage you're SOL.
    Kupo.

What are you guys doing for the 18th floor of the twisting corridors? About a 189 geared monk, tried it on Windwalker last night and ended up wiping 4 times. Got him down to 19% on last wipe. Had 2 man powers to list but went heavy on lift and regen but it wasn't enough. Had about 220k hp, 100% increase damage to bok, and stacking 125% buff to rsk and fof. Had 4 corrosive dosages but one attempt I couldn't stay alive and still long enough to use it as windwalker. Any tips? I can play all 3 specs decently well.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    What are you guys doing for the 18th floor of the twisting corridors? About a 189 geared monk, tried it on Windwalker last night and ended up wiping 4 times. Got him down to 19% on last wipe. Had 2 man powers to list but went heavy on lift and regen but it wasn't enough. Had about 220k hp, 100% increase damage to bok, and stacking 125% buff to rsk and fof. Had 4 corrosive dosages but one attempt I couldn't stay alive and still long enough to use it as windwalker. Any tips? I can play all 3 specs decently well.
    I completed all 18 on my first run with the gear you see https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ggramar/loconk and https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...tures/torghast. You can only have my word I did it solo. I will admit at the very last boss of layer 18, it was a tennis match, heal boss get hit close to death.... heal boss get hit almost dead....throughout the entire fight. Just before you go in pop your Fortifying Brew and use soothing mist to insta your EM and vivify heals. Hit an EM cause it will boost vivify and corrosive damage is based on the heal itself. I also popped Chi-Ji and my Fallen Order to help. O and I have the Conduit that increase vivify by 30% if used on myself. EM and Conduit alone boost Vivify heal by 60% and Corrosive damage is 50% of the heal

Had 5 corrosive mists, but managed to get the 2% maw rat stamina as my VERY first choice so had like 70k health going in. Also ran one of the haste procs and 2 of the crit procs so was casting pretty quick and critting a LOT. Also had the "15% primary stat and restore xx health every second" epic anima.

Ancient Teaching legendary makes most of Torghast elementary. I didnt even bother with the Vivify tactic until about layer 14-15 I think it was. Ancient Teaching legendary is epic sick in torghast

Running the numbers:
    WW Vivify: 2787
    BRM Vivify: 2991
    MW Vivify (EM):2903

Very similar numbers but there is one thing I got over the other 2:

At some point BRM is going to HAVE to take time to purge stagger thus resulting in losing some healing. Also Torghast mobs for tanks hit harder. WW only has Vivify to rely on (try doing an Expel harm and you'll die lol). MW is just doing vivify, with Soothing, EM and Gusts of Wind, I'm ALSO putting out an extra 2500 heal with every EM/vivify.

Dont wait the full 3 seconds before casting vivify, hit the button like mad until the boss is dead. At this point you're trying to outheal his damage WHILE provided some serious DPS with crit procs
    Last edited by Locruid; 2021-01-08 at 04:45 AM.

How to win Torghast as monk: Be Necrolord. Unfiltered Bone Broth (possibly in combination with Bone Marrow Hops) is *still* bugged in some way. My MW monk had 5x Corrosive Dosage with Unfiltered, and did around 250k dps on the last boss.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it

Ok Twisting Corridors can get really silly. I finished layer 2, I had 5x cd reduction on Touch of Death, so no CD, I had Flying Guillotine, so it hit 5 targets, I got the power that buffs Fortifying Brew each ToD (capped at 100 stacks, sadly), and base 125k hit points with obleron endurance and Roots.

Regular mobs just died to ToD, elites went down because Guillotine damages them even if they're above the treshold (Fortifying let me go on an elite killing spree for a few seconds), but on the final boss I still had to fall back on Unbalanced Bone Broth and 5x Corrosive Dosage. No sweat though.

Well monks have free mount out of torghast pretty much, just stack up on vivify power and gg. I almost went oom on last boss of layer 8 but still killed him by spamming one spell...

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    the Vivify anima power is ridiculously strong. You can literally just pull the whole room as Brm go out of line of sight to get all the annoying mobs in range and then burn everything down with 5-10k dps and that's the baseline of getting that anima power just once.

edit: also those 75% reduced healing done anima powers are kinda weird. They seem to not work. I had today a choice between two of these anima powers, so I could not avoid the 75% reduced healing done but it had zero impact on my healing. I healed myself for the same amount and I healed a teammate for the same amount as before.
    I believe healing actually has schools like damage does. It's not your healing that's reduced, it's your healing in a particular school. Unless it said it affected your Nature damage and healing, then it shouldn't have had any effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I believe healing actually has schools like damage does. It's not your healing that's reduced, it's your healing in a particular school. Unless it said it affected your Nature damage and healing, then it shouldn't have had any effect.
    hm that makes sense. So basically it's a "less holy damage and (holy)healing" or "less fire damage and (fire)healing".

It's just a bit confusing because it's copy pasted for all elements but doesn't really make sense for most of them.