Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope. Not at all.

It is HUGE waste of time. And the fact that we're forced to do it if we want to get our "legendary" items (which are MUST for 99% of content in WOW) is RETARDED.

They should let us farm "whatever-the-currency name is" from dungeons, battlegrounds, etc, etc....

Why Blizzard canceled ANY sort of rewards from Battleground for past... 4+ years in the first place? (legion, bfa.... and now we got vendors BACK, finally)

Battlegrounds are like the CORE of World of Warcraft. Many people started playing just because of Battlegrounds. And they literally threw them away. Sad... sad...

It's light years more fun than visions were (not like that's a high watermark to hit).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    It is HUGE waste of time. And the fact that we're forced to do it if we want to get our "legendary" items (which are MUST for 99% of content in WOW) is RETARDED.
    This is a community issue, not a game design one.

I like it a lot so far, but then it's week one and everything is fresh. Only gives soul ash and that might get old, also it seems for some players it's just too hard while feeling like mandatory content... To be honest I don't care for catering to welfare but if/when it gets harder the tears will be far and wide.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is a community issue, not a game design one.
    Nope. It is not.

It is design issue. Because when they design/balance classes, they ALWAYS add current "borrowed power" system into consideration.

And then they balance numbers (or in some cases EVEN PLAY STYLE) of classes/specs.

The biggest problem I see is if you are a melee class with few ways to deal with large packs or no form of consistent healing, Torghast can be murderously difficult even on lower levels, but if you have a pet class with lots of healing and defense it's almost a cakewalk (at least the 3 levels that are currently open). My destruction Warlock can sleepwalk through the entire thing, especially if he gets a couple of the buffs to health or the ones that let him drop multiple infernals into the fight. Add to that the fact he can simply use his demonic gateway to skip all the trapped rooms and Torghast becomes almost trivial (well at least the levels that are open). However when I tried the same thing with my Fury Warrior, it was far, far more difficult. I managed to make it to make through level three of the Forge, but it took everything I had and was a slog the entire way with lots of healing potions and food breaks.

As for enjoying it, I suppose I do so far. I could see it could get old real fast if it's something you feel you have to do every week as it can be very time consuming (especially with a character like the aforementioned warrior with lots of downtime for healing after every fight.)
    Last edited by Dervrak; 2020-11-29 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Love it, although it felt way too easy as a warlock, except for one final boss that seemed completely f*cked up for solo content.

Voidwalker makes it quite easy to handle if you have a few talents empowing him, and completely trivialize on the lower levels if you're lucky enough to have the +100% HP and damage to pet for each floor.
    Ended up going to the boss with VW at 128k HP and doing almost 20% of my damage ^^

Can't wait for the harder floors, lvl 3 with traps and debuffs already brought some additional interest to it.
    I switched to Demo for Torghast. Those Pet buffs are INSANE!

Yes for now.
    I wish it had some difficulty layers and cosmetic rewards.
    Would be DOPE

5+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah, I just finished layer 3 and got my first legendary. Happy so far

Nope. Not at all.

They should let us farm "whatever-the-currency name is" from dungeons, battlegrounds, etc, etc....

Why Blizzard canceled ANY sort of rewards from Battleground for past... 4+ years in the first place? (legion, bfa.... and now we got vendors BACK, finally)

Battlegrounds are like the CORE of World of Warcraft. Many people started playing just because of Battlegrounds. And they literally threw them away. Sad... sad...
    Because people said they felt forced into PvP.
    That's like the exact argument you gave 3 lines above about Torghast.

Nope. Not at all.

This is like getting mad you don’t get rewarded for Triple Triad.

Pvp is a mini game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Because people said they felt forced into PvP.
    That's like the exact argument you gave 3 lines above about Torghast.
    When did people say that?

For azerite essence you mean? Or...?

Only those who wanted to opt in PVP were "forced" into BGs in order to farm honor gear. And that was up until 7.0 when they:

removed pvp vendors
    removed pvp currency
    added miserable "pvp talent system" (which actually obliterated classes)
    added miserable "war mode system"
    added miserable "pvp honor system" (which is nothing more than BRAINLESS AND MINDLESS close-to infinite grind)

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This is like getting mad you don’t get rewarded for Triple Triad.

Pvp is a mini game.
    Miserable troll attempt.

I like it. Might not enjoy it so much in a month, who knows.

But what I don't understand, is why are we doing short runs, exiting and going in again?
    I'm well aware, that you can just pick a higher Layer, and earn the reward for the lower ones.

But this still seems like a huge missed opportunity.
    Why not let people who want to, do a long run? Start at the first Layer, and each time you finish the current Layer, you can choose to ascend to the next one, and pick 1 or 2 powers to become permanent during this run.

Would allow people who really enjoy it, do a long run, or help people with weak gear get a bit extra power for the latter Layers.
    People who are geared or don't enjoy it as much, can just start up top, like they can now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Nope. It is not.

It is design issue. Because when they design/balance classes, they ALWAYS add current "borrowed power" system into consideration.

And then they balance numbers (or in some cases EVEN PLAY STYLE) of classes/specs.
    It really isn't. You'll be able to accomplish everything outside of mythic raiding in this game sans legendaries from a numbers perspective. The issue is that other players will demand that you have them, because reasons.

If anything, legendary effects shouldn't work in pvp at all (I am assuming they do, based on recent "brilliant" design decisions)

10+ Year Old Account
    for me it really depends on if I get some of the more fun powers. I have had some runs where I end the run at god levels of power, and they are fun, and then I have had runs where I get Absolut trash powers and the whole thing takes forever because of it.

Hahahaha fucking what "grind"? If you think three layers of Torghast counts as "grind" then the word has been minimized to uselessness at this point.

As a mage i think its quite fun creating different builds or just blowing up stuff in new cool ways. Anyway, in total you have to do TWO runs per week. Not sure why ppl keep comparing it to islands when there is 0 ZERO reward for doing it more than twice per week after u have done a Layer 7.

I enjoy it, although as a DH it's exactly the kind of content a DH was designed for. Getting the 80% chance to not incur cooldown on eyebeam + take no damage while channelling eye beam was a fun combination to have.

Then the layer 3 boss of upper reaches came and ruined my fun. So me and a friend grouped up and had two attempts. First one went terribly, second time I got a "deal 10% of the mobs health when you interrupt" power, which made the last boss unbelievably trivial.

All in all, enjoyable experiences.

absolutely needs a movement speed buff at all times.

Implementation isn't perfect. I'd enjoy an endless mode and pushing myself to the mandatory easy 6 floors. Been fun in guild groups though.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i mean its pretty fun. I will only be doing it once a week to the maximum level of my capability. I can see how people will burn themselves out on it though