Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've been having fun in it. I'm not great at it and the level 3 bosses kick my ass but I've been learning different ways and seeing new anima powers each time so I'm definitely enjoying the challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Isaac player and I can already tell I'm going to enjoy this rabbit hole once it's fully realized, it just needs a bit more unfh.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Torghast is not something that would contribute to me staying subbed. I wouldn't miss it one bit if I weren't playing the game. While playing the game, it's just a chore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm still pulling for an "endless" mode where you can push for cosmetics/toys/pets/mounts/etc. They pointed towards this originally but it didn't end up happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    I'm still pulling for an "endless" mode where you can push for cosmetics/toys/pets/mounts/etc. They pointed towards this originally but it didn't end up happening.
    With endless modes, You have a lower end (that creeps up the better you're geared) that's faceroll, and then an upper end that's functionally impossible. So it takes you a while to get to your sweet spot, and then you end up pushing yourself out of it and hitting a wall.

By allowing the layers, players are able to pick their sweet spot of comfort and fun while allowing those who want the challenge to continue to push.

Ran both layer three areas with my M+ group of friends. Upper was a cakewalk and the other area was murderously difficult with some of the elites stacked on each other
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2020-11-30 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's still too fresh for me to love or hate. Haven't done it enough but multiple solo runs for quests etc aren't fun when it's basically a dungeon of trash. I'd like more bosses with more mechanics a long the line of the brawlers guild. Technical bosses randomized from a large pool for each run.

If it turns into a once a week thing for soul ash, fine. I can deal with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I played 2 layers, upper reaches layer 1 and soulforges layer 2 with my enhancement shaman. I already feel burned out from the grind. I tried to skip a lot on the second layer just to rush this up but it didn't end well for me, I couldn't kill the final boss. I don't have the courage to keep doing this. Its a very tedious grind. I guess it's easier for classes with aoe who can pull tons of these extremely boring packs.

6 floors of mindless grind and trap avoiding doesn't sound like a good gameplay to me. Dark towers tend to be a very popular thing on fantasy mmo like the cruma tower of lineage 2 but blizzard messed up really bad with this one. The theme and design is nice but cmon....they could achieve something better with this one. Fun wise its NOWHERE close to mage tower of legion expansion. I suppose as you move up in layers not much change. They should reward the players better than this when they spend so much time grinding. 120 soul ash is not player agency my friends.
    You can complete higher layers to get lower layer rewards, so eventually you just clear layer 8 and get the rewards from 1, 2, 3, 4 ect. Im at like 154 ilvl and I can clear Soul Forge level 3 incredibly easily, so it's not like you clear every floow every week and it won't take long till you can just clear final layers for huge chunks of Ash.

It's definitely going to be a varied experience based on class though. I play Vengeance DH and I basically run/leap to the boss and just AoE everything down that happens to make it there, I've finished the layers open in Soul Forge and done Upper Reaches 1 like this. Do I find this fun? Eh, no. Torghast is just a crappy version of the game Hades, which officially launched not too long ago so I basically put 100+ hours into a version of Torghast that is so, so much better not too long ago, so Torghast just feels kind of dull. Blizzard does have an OK track record of polishing these systems in .1, .2 patches and such, so I have a small sliver of hope because I do feel it has potential.

I think it'd be more fun if it had less trash, I like the concept but having to do 9 rooms of the same pull that requires 0 actual skill because it's just aoe it all down is kind of boring.

As Balance Druid and Havoc Demon Hunter I'm having a lot of fun, Balance has some really crazy Anima Powers especially the one that buffs the Night Fae ability to cast stronger spells (back to back Full Moons obliterates end bosses). Mobility and mass pulling is awesome too with both specs.

I've also ran it with a Ret Paladin, and although some of the powers can be fun on end bosses the lack of mobility makes it feel a lot more tedious.

I'm looking forward to more levels and the "endless" mode to unlock.

Love it. And for your grind problem. The moment you did a difficulty it is open forever. And you get the reward from every lower difficulty if you do the max one. So after every layer is open and you did everything ONCE you just have to do 2 runs a week for the soulash.

And if this is still to much. Get you BiS Legendary in week 4 and never set foot in it ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunarshaper View Post
    As Balance Druid and Havoc Demon Hunter I'm having a lot of fun, Balance has some really crazy Anima Powers especially the one that buffs the Night Fae ability to cast stronger spells (back to back Full Moons obliterates end bosses). Mobility and mass pulling is awesome too with both specs.

I've also ran it with a Ret Paladin, and although some of the powers can be fun on end bosses the lack of mobility makes it feel a lot more tedious.

I'm looking forward to more levels and the "endless" mode to unlock.
    Yeah love the "moonrain obliterating"^^

Like with many things in life, if you do something long enough it will bore you. Expecting something to be fun forever is unrealistic and impossible because our brain crave new things and hate repetitiveness, especially if you are still young.

Compared to islands or warfronts this is way more exciting than previous content we have dabbled with.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    With endless modes, You have a lower end (that creeps up the better you're geared) that's faceroll, and then an upper end that's functionally impossible. So it takes you a while to get to your sweet spot, and then you end up pushing yourself out of it and hitting a wall.

By allowing the layers, players are able to pick their sweet spot of comfort and fun while allowing those who want the challenge to continue to push.

Ran both layer three areas with my M+ group of friends. Upper was a cakewalk and the other area was murderously difficult with some of the elites stacked on each other
    Which is perfect for the people getting their soul ash for the week. The endless mode I think would work for collectables. Yeah difficulty scales up, but when you get ot the point where (as a lock for example) you can just cast nothing but chaos bolts at .5 cast times while your pet with a bazillion health holds aggro, it could go for a while. Even if its just 20 floors as a realistic maximum, its still something to push.

I really enjoy it but it is far too easy right now, I will probably like it more once it gets more intense. The best part about it is they could do seasonal tie-ins with a system like this. Imagine a brewfest keg tower that you can complete for different rewards. Maybe a headless horseman one where you go down into a crypt and descend into the bowels of hollows end hell to face his giant pumpkin head!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it now. After a month or so I see it becoming just another tedious chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive done both Upper Reaches and Soulforges layer 3 on my lock and mage. I love Torghast, but i feel some specs get much shittier powers than others. On my mage, fire gets powers that feel exciting but frost does not really. On my lock though, i have a ton of fun. The one that makes infernals have a chance to eat a soulremnant for 100% damage boost is stupid. I had 5 infernals on the last boss of Soulforge L3 and it melted.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I'm enjoying it but the bosses at the end are overtuned and there is so much RNG in your powers which can make or break you. If you get a bad run, you've just wasted 45-1 1/2 hours.

I really like the concept and I want Torghast to be a good thing. But I was hoping they would take the Binding of Isaac-route - they didn't.
    Not enough variation in the attributes. Only a handful of attributes per floor (if you're lucky).

It has potential, but it needs improvement.

I definitely like it but it's clear to me that they wanted to do more with it. I hope they don't waste the potential of it <3

So far you want to clear as much as you can each floor until you get a combo that will help nuke the last boss, if you rush the early floors your going to have a bad time. Stacking certain anima powers can make you a god by the time you hit the last boss.

Also it is still week one before the first reset, id give it 2 or 3 more weeks before throwing it to the side completely. but so far im enjoying it

Its more fun than I first thought. Its no Mage Tower, but more fun than Horrific Vision. Its a good transmog set attached so I gotta get em all(Shadowdaries)

Very rng based though, and atm its more important to get good Powers than having good skills, which is how it should not be, for me. But as a run 2-4 times a week kind of thing, its decent enough. Its not Islands or Warfronts, to put it that way.