Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I saw something somewhere about Sargeras stabbing the world was actually him trying to help Azeroth. Like he was trying to kill something inside of the planet that was going to harm her.

Might be something to that...

Maybe there is something deep underground.

I feel like it would fit and would be an excuse to give us tinkers too finally with Undermines, nerubians, troggs, deepholm stuff, etc...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Just look at this picture and tell me it fits with the rest of WoW. Makes me sick really
    Goblins and gnomes have been around since Warcraft II. If you think they ruin the Warcraft aesthetic you don't understand the Warcraft aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I saw something somewhere about Sargeras stabbing the world was actually him trying to help Azeroth. Like he was trying to kill something inside of the planet that was going to harm her.

Might be something to that...
    Sounds like a Sargeras redemption theme...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully another faction war. A proper one this time.
    Just so I could rinse BFA and Shadowlands out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The reasoning is less based on lore and more upon the reality that having a level revamp would be the smartest thing to bundle alongside a world revamp.
    The level revamp was done in SL, so following that up with something that should've happened in one bundle doesn't make a lot of sense.

And revamping Kalimdor and EK for 10 levels?
    You realize how few quests you'd only have on each zone, imagine the current amount of quests not split between four zones but 10+ for each continent.
    I think they could change how "levelling works". I mean right now its just to boost levels. They can actually follow other MMOs like Elder Scrolls for example where its more than just levels. If they revamp the continents of Kalimdor or the EK, they can make it where questing through each zone is actually helping the new factions and counts towards rep or even renown instead of just "world quests". There is a lot they could do with a revamped Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Dude dude. Im sorry, that is not gonna happen. If you think Blizzard is going to make the next big bad villain Ultron you're going mad mate. That is way too edgy and risky for Blizzard to do. Im not saying a raid/zone based on undermine and all that wont happen, it could and it would fit sure, but an entire mech based expansion I dont see happening its way too risky for them and its not everyones cup of tea.
    How is it too risky? There’s plenty of players who have expressed interest in exploring the underground regions of WoW. Also, the idea of a mechanical threat is a common trope in entertainment, but has never really been shown in WoW. This, despite the fact that the game has laid the foundation for such a threat to exist.

I hate to say this phrase but its true in this case, maybe Warcraft isnt for you then.. I mean the primary themes of this game have always been those things. They're not going to just randomly make a mech based expansion. Its too far out of their scope and history and thats RISK for a publically owned company. They dont want another shocker of an expansion like BfA.
    Except it’s not random. There has been buildup in that direction for some time.

They are going to go off that big map of all 6 forces and explore their respective planes I imagine.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Blizzard already said at last Blizzcon that they find a "Light and Void" expansion very interesting as a concept.

Key words: "Light and Void" expansion. Not just "Light expansion" or "Void expansion", so I think they will make an expansion that focuses on the eternal struggle between these two cosmic forces.

The set-up is obvious. Alleria and Turalyon rule the Alliance now, Calia is a major Horde figure, somehow the whispers that Alleria hears have WORSENED after the defeat of the last Old God, coincidentally Danuser recently confirmed that slain Naaru/Old Gods return to the Light/Void (which means the Old Gods are not dead dead, same for Xe'ra), Turalyon wants to reclaim former Alliance holdings, Yrel is lurking somewhere, Xal'atath is lurking somewhere, Azshara is lurking somewhere, the Light and Void invaded the Shadowlands many times in the past, the Light has a "pact" with the Jailer, Sargeras is out of the picture (which means that they can start making power moves), etc.

But there is just SO MUCH they would have to cover, so at this point I wonder if they can really dedicate only ONE expansion to both Light and Void. It might be better to just split them between two different expansions. Maybe one could revolve around the realm of Light (and AU Draenor, which is in a scorched/dessicated state 30 years after WoD), and the other could revolve around the realm of the Void. Maybe the final patch of a Light expansion could tie into an expansion about the Void Lords, like 6.2 did with Legion.

One thing is for certain, if they cram all these Light and Void storylines into ONE SINGLE EXPANSION, then it will easily be the biggest and most climactic expansion WoW has ever had in its history.
    We get that you are a super fan, but this is starting to get realy cringe and annoying Varadoc.

Not everyone is so into it as you, hsve you though about creating your own alleria blogpost yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I mean, Cata isn't even the most outdated questing content, TBC and Wotlk is and i doubt those will get a revamp anytime soon.
    and i hope it never does, I miss old wow zones even now
    they are about memories we built in them, and u can literally lvl now without setting a foot in tbc or wrath or even cata, so why revamp them?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Well, finally, the Blizzards have changed their minds and will try to finish the game.
    I got tired of playing imperfections, for the last 2 years the Blizzards have not had time to release anything at all on time, either the dates are set by the department of effective managers as favorable for the sale, or just someone is a fool and does not understand how to work.
    I am pleased
    I'm not sure, but they seem to have to give something for this, I paid for the subscription-based on the appointed date. By the way, guys, have you heard anything about this service aplusessay.com/nursing-assignment-help.html for students?
    Last edited by vergasiv; 2020-12-07 at 09:22 AM.

I'm thinking that we might be getting a shadowlands part 2. There's alot of storylines this expansion and I'll be surprised if they can finish them all off plus weave a coherent plotline for the next expansion other than there was light and void in the shadowlands and now Turalyon has turned evil for some reason.

Based off of hints of the last two expansions, I expect a Dragon-centric expansion and a Light-and-Void-centric expansion to be the next two. Since I doubt we'll get two off-Azeroth expansions in a row, I expect the Dragon-centric expansion is next, followed by the Light and Void one.

The Dragon-centric expansion would center on the Dragon Isles and tie-up a lot of Dragon storylines, such as Nozdormu's fall to madness and the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight, the return of the ultimate Chromatic dragon Chromatus, the return of an undead Galkarond, the rebuilding of all the Dragonflights, especially the Black dragonflight, etc.

The Light and Void expansion would likely focus on Yrel's Lightbound at first, and then shift to the Void Lords. The setting is harder to peg, but this could be the Return to Draenor expansion, where we explore the southern continent of Draenor. if so, I also expect the cut content of WoD to be included, such as Farahlon and a Shattrath raid. We could also see K'aresh as a Void stronghold and include the return of Dimensius as a major villain.

After that, I think the idea that Undermine is a small continent has merit, but I think it'll be tied with the mysterious island of Tel'Abim as another uncharted continent. This might be the next Alliance vs Horde expansion, although I expect the Alliance to be the aggressors in this one.

I also think, based off of hints in Shadowlands, that we'll see a Life-centric expansion, possibly about a universal Emerald Dream. Finally, I expect a "Burning Onslaught" expansion where Sargeras breaks out and the last remnants of the Burning Legion make a final, desperate, all-out assault on Azeroth.

There's more ideas that Blizzard could go with (Azeroth's Moons, the "Other Side" of Azeorth between the Veiled and Forbidding Seas, Other Worlds in the Great Dark, Even More Shadowlands, a Time Travel-centric expansion, etc) but I think the five ideas above have more seeding in the story and are more likely over the next 10 years or so.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2020-12-03 at 10:02 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

An entire underground expansion is just... No. Absolutely Not.

I want to see the sky: the sun, the moon, the clouds, the shining stars, the dawn, the twilight, etc.

Not an ugly ceiling of rocks. That would just be depressing. Not an underground expansion, please.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It will 100% be light/void, and probably will include a lot about Elune and her fellow First Ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, there definitely seems to be some hanging story elements that could point to an underground expansion. The sword still stuck in Azshara being one, the underground mechanical war being another, and of course Undermine (home to the Goblin Trade Princes, and a massive underground continent. There's also a nice chunk of space to the west of the Maelstrom and the south and south east of Kultiras and Zandalar that isn't filled in;

Perfect spot for Undermine and/or Dragon isles.
    The Dragon Isles are located north of the Sunwell.

I don't know what it will be about, but it certainly will be 2 sizes smaller than what players are used to.

I suspect that the next expansion will be another filler before the inevitable Light vs. Void one, with Turalyon being at the helm of the Alliance and the Scarlet Crusade reforming, I could see him embracing them. After all, Turalyon expressed his disgust at Horde paladins in the Arathi warfront, and with Alleria vowing to reclaim Silvermoon for the Alliance, I could see them trying to consolidate the entirety of northern kingdoms, including lands of the Blood Elves and Sunwell. This can then lead to Turalyon essentially paving the way for invasion of Light forces.

An underground expansion would be my chance at a 2-year break from the game. Deepholm was MORE than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    How many expansions have been crafted well enough to be considered "good expansions?"
    Not a single expansion has not received hate, if that's what you're getting at.

The "X was such a good expansion!"-consensus tends to come in hindsight. Case in point: Players already beginning to change their mind on BfA.

If I had to swear on it in a court of law, I'd hands down call MoP a good one. And then I'd get yelled at by any angry nerd considering it a Furry-trap and nothing more... Hohum!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-12-03 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard ever decides to revamp Azeroth again they can use the Infinite Dragonflight as the cause. I am still waiting for Nozdormus downfall and he can definitly be a main villain and carry an expenasion theme, at least as the initial threat.

However, I would actually really like a, so to say, "boring" expansion where we maybe just start to actually rebuild stuff and turn back to some local threats instead of these big cosmic things. Just to let the world and our characters actually breath for a bit. We could of course still have raids and that could be any sort of thing like a Bloodsail Raid, Old God Remnants, another Titan Facilty and what else. Just "normal" things by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If Blizzard ever decides to revamp Azeroth again they can use the Infinite Dragonflight as the cause. I am still waiting for Nozdormus downfall and he can definitly be a main villain and carry an expenasion theme, at least as the initial threat.
    WoW needs modern graphics at this point over an Azeroth revamp or more xpacs. The graphics are simply too old, no matter how they try to make it look nice. But if that was coming, I'd have thought something would have leaked by now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Not sure what it will be but expansions lead to the next one in a big way these days. Whoever or what group of baddies we face towards the mid to end of SL should be a good clue.