Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    idk but new class for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm guessing in typical WoW fashion 10.0 will be something of a filler. Probably Dragon Isles/Dragonflight stuff. Hope for a world revamp tacked on for extra content.

11.0 I think is gonna be the next big "finale" for WoW, in a long string of big finales. Light and Void (cosmic forces now not mortal armies) come to Azeroth and everything goes to hell.
    I think enough time has passed for dragons to be refreshing again. It's been mostly loose threads since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Aspects of Renewal

After X years of holding on, and despite our and Magni's attempts to heal her, Azeroth is damaged beyond repair and is dying.
    Unwilling to allow her children (i.e. us) to die along with her, she uses what's left of her dwindling strength to put into motion a plan to completely replace herself as the worldsoul sustaining the planet (and get rid of that pesky sword in the process)

Her plan, first delivered by the speaker and then continued by an avatar of herself as her connections to the planet are broken, requires that we use her knowledge of the dragon aspects' creation to create a self sustaining surrogate worldsoul which uses in-part some of the latent energies that still reside within the sword of Sargeras.

Turns out that the Dragon Isles hold a conduit of energy that connects to multiple realms which is what made it easier for the Dragonflights to withstand the power given to them as aspects. We go there and find that the madness that multiple members experienced wasn't simply because of the suggestion of certain old gods, but because the conduit had permanently damaged them (it's also the reason Galakrond eventually did what he did) After being left cut off from everyone for a long ass time, the malevolent realms of the conduit have leaked more and more power which has converged and given us our first raid tier where we can cleanse some evil stuff away and begin the connection and controlling of the surviving benevolent realms.

As a second or possibly final tier, Sargeras' sword was not completely cleansed of corruption by our artifacts and actually holds its own realm within it, a realm which embodies control and order (which was a pretty powerful thing to make a sword with) We are able to access this realm which was partially a cause and also a result of Sargeras' crusade. We go in this 'sword realm' filled with naughties and harness the control and order energies which we will then combine with the aspect energies to create world soul version 2.0. Magni finally gets to go on a holiday.

Torghast inspired roguelike returns with pocket dimensions which link multiple benevolent (and malevolent) realms together, rewards include tmogs, otherworldly mounts, etc.
    NPC factions involve the basic dragonflights and protodragons.

End result: some zones changed & repaired as the benevolent energies are able to calm down many of the effects of Deathwing's shithousery (westfall tornado vanishes) and we are able to completely remove the sword of Sargeras (cinematic where it disintegrates after we remove the energies)
    Speciation Is Gradual

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW: The Retirement

You go back to your roots. Your daily quests consist of picking apples and killing local 5 level deer. Occasional mining in a cave. Some fishing. That's about it.

The kobold threat in Northshire Abbey has still to be rooted out. They do keep comin'

(I guess, haven't played in years)

5+ Year Old Account
    Definitely something happened on azeroth because we need to remember that time in shadowlands is different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Would be cool if there was a bigass continent in the southern hemisphere of Azeroth. Make it a breather expansion without any reality-ending threats. More intimate, down to earth. None of that forced faction war. Local conflicts and stories are comfy.

I don't know if I'm the only one in this but I absolutely fucking DETEST goblins and gnomes in WoW. They just ruin the fantasy aspect of WoW for me. Their ugly early-2000s-3d-platformer aesthetic, their machines and inventions that don't fit with the rest of the world and supposed time period. They just break my immersion. And the biggest sin of all, the absolute destruction of beautiful zones with those disgusting goblin settlements. Honestly, the less attention goblins and gnomes get, the better. Ew.

Just look at this picture and tell me it fits with the rest of WoW. Makes me sick really
    This game has had airplanes and helicopters and machines since Warcraft was an RTS. Get over yourself.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This game has had airplanes and helicopters and machines since Warcraft was an RTS. Get over yourself.
    Duh? I know, I played Warcraft 3. How does that change anything from what I've said? Goblins in W3 never took the spotlight, they were just units that you didn't even require most of the time, save for one or two missions. Besides I'm talking about WoW, not Warcraft. WoW goblins are whole another level of trash, total overkill. They wouldn't be so bad if their shitck wasn't so tired an unappealing.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-12-04 at 04:58 PM.

Light and Shadow or Dragons

Is my bet.

I just want the game to ground itself again. I want to defend towns from bands of Gnolls and Murloc raiders. I want the "big bad guy" to be grounded.. think of the Defias for example. I want to collect apples again, knock a few gnomes about..

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    I just want the game to ground itself again. I want to defend towns from bands of Gnolls and Murloc raiders. I want the "big bad guy" to be grounded.. think of the Defias for example. I want to collect apples again, knock a few gnomes about..
    Agreed. One thing that made me kind of get bored of SL is that I miss the original world. I wish there would be like a cataclysm style expansion pack where azeroth gets partially revamped or something and we have to fight things inside azeroth

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter, it will be even more intentional timegated timesink shit and even more convoluted pve. Retail has turned unenjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    pretty sure factions will be no more
    Nope. Blizzard already said they are a core part of the game and they aren't going to touch them.

Im hoping for a time skip. So basically time moves differently on SL versus Azeroth, and our relatively short time in SL is years in Azeroth. And with faction leaders being gone, things like the defias and other "normal" threats start to over run Azeroth and we get to go back to the old world. I think they can do so much with the old world with chrome time and phasing tech now.

Also, but I know it would never happen, it'd be cool if we figured out we could travel back in time from SL and stop deathwing before the sundering and restore the original Azeroth.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Im hoping for a time skip. So basically time moves differently on SL versus Azeroth, and our relatively short time in SL is years in Azeroth. And with faction leaders being gone, things like the defias and other "normal" threats start to over run Azeroth and we get to go back to the old world. I think they can do so much with the old world with chrome time and phasing tech now.
    Sorry.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=316889/...t-swapping-tim
    In a past interview, some hints were dropped that time worked differently in Shadowlands, which led to speculation that when we return from the Shadowlands, there is a huge timeskip coming in a future expansion. Ion clarified this, saying that time is perceived differently in Shadowlands, like a dream where you sleep for six hours but in the dream state you experience events covering a wider range of time. It's not like every day in the Shadowlands is equivalent to five days in Azeroth. "Don't read too much into the timey-wimey-ness of it."
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

All I'm hoping for, really, is something that redistributes the factions. Don't care what kind of a story/lore contrivance they come up with, but this 90/10 situation is just going to become more and more of an issue the longer it goes on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    All I'm hoping for, really, is something that redistributes the factions. Don't care what kind of a story/lore contrivance they come up with, but this 90/10 situation is just going to become more and more of an issue the longer it goes on.
    Racials must have been deleted about 6 expansions ago. But Blizz has no idea how to balance their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That's a bummer. However, I'm sure if they decide to go with a time skip they can come up with something to explain it. Like when Sylvanis tore the helm apart, time shattered with it or something like that.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    That's a bummer. However, I'm sure if they decide to go with a time skip they can come up with something to explain it. Like when Sylvanis tore the helm apart, time shattered with it or something like that.
    Usually it's Arcane magic or "Order" that manipulates Time, not "Death". I don't see how they can connect the helm and Time together.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It seems Shadowland time move differently, but maybe not like we wanted for a timeskip on Azeroth

Some NPC think they have died for a long time, enough to not remember, but in reality it was 20 years (sorry I dont remember who say that and the exact number of years he is dead)

So let's wish for Nozdormu's time to go crazy has come ������