How's the casual experience now?

Just curious for those who don't play too much how they are finding it. Is it still satisfying or are there too many grinds to find enjoyment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands has changed the philosophy from lost of mandatory grinds to a few quick mandatory grinds and several optional grinds that provide cosmetics or other cool stuff. You can do the stuff you need to get done each week in a few hours honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Shadowlands has changed the philosophy from lost of mandatory grinds to a few quick mandatory grinds and several optional grinds that provide cosmetics or other cool stuff. You can do the stuff you need to get done each week in a few hours honestly.
    That's good to hear. Would you say it's alt friendly as well?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fairly, some things like Torghast unlocks you get from a vendor are account wide

Very satisfying so far, and at least moderately alt-friendly. There's kind of a flurry of things to do in a character's first few hours/days at 60, so pacing is good. It settles down into a less demanding routine pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    That's good to hear. Would you say it's alt friendly as well?
    Definitely, I feel like with the different covenant storylines and the general lack of required grinding, a lot of people will be playing alts this expac.

As one of the most casual of casuals to ever grace the game, I feel no pressure, have already hit 6o and have a 153 ilvl without touching a Heroic. You'll do just fine.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

This is coming from a person who at launch of an expansion spends all his time on one toon, I have three level 60s, two ready for raiding.

This expansion is imo very casual and alt friendly and this is NOT a complaint. The Maw / Torghast can be toned down once you get what you need on one character, this expansion I don't feel like I need to spend all my time on one character for it to be way behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inherently grinds become less of a thing if you don't play a lot. I play a couple of times a week.

SL feels fine but what constitutes long grinds in other expansions don't really bother me because I'm not trying to keep up with anyone. Hence, you can take your own sweet time about how you want to approach gated content or grinds. Soon, many of them become largely irrelevant because you aren't playing often enough to have them be worth the trouble.

It may be a foreign idea to some but this is fine and OK if you are not playing every day. You tend to do the things you like to do, ignore the stuff you don't care about and rarely run out of things to do. To me that seems like an ideal situation.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    As a non raider non m+ non pvper, I say that I enjoy the game at the moment. I am ilvl 151 and it feels mostly ok to play in the world. It helps that I can bypass mobs by prowling (proud feral druid) however.

I tried Thorgast to complete the campaign quest. It was somewhat fun, but I don't see myself doing that regularly. I don't care enough about the legendaries. I prefer regular gearing means. As for the Maw, it is "ok" nothing more.
    Last edited by Baine; 2020-12-06 at 08:50 AM.

Honestly kind of feel like I've hit a wall. I'm currently trying to get to ilvl 170 so I can queue for raid finder when it releases. Right now I am ilvl 165 and am having trouble getting upgrades/progressing. My options seem to be: 1) keep grinding heroics in hopes of getting those last few pieces I need, 2) try mythic 0, which I tried one earlier and felt like it was too much hassle for the reward, 3) hope that next week with the world bosses I can get lucky.

Other than that, the game is fun (would prefer not to have to be forced into torghast via the story, but whatever).

Oh, ugh, yeah, those times of being just short of a threshold can be a real drag. Best wishes on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it still satisfying or are there too many grinds to find enjoyment?

There literally is no grind whatsoever.

Formerly known as Arafal