Thread: Torghast sucks

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't really understand Torghast. I did two runs last week and then quit because it's boring, but now I got a legendary recipe and I decided to get the rest of the ash, and I see I can do layer 3 immediately, even though I haven't done these wings yet. Do the layers unlock across all wings once I've done one?

10+ Year Old Account
    From my read, a lot of people like it right now. I agree it needs to be kept fresh to not grow boring over time, but it doesn't need to be changed right this moment imo.

well now I entered layer 3 and got decimated immediately by a group that had an elite

last week layer 1 and 2 were so trivial I never died once

it immediately goes from trivial to impossible for me

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    After finally getting in it with three friends torghast was wonderful, being able to build a more damagey holy pally mainly around throwing hammers was amazing with ashen hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal curse View Post
    well now I entered layer 3 and got decimated immediately by a group that had an elite

last week layer 1 and 2 were so trivial I never died once

it immediately goes from trivial to impossible for me
    Yeah Layer 3 was it for me as well but for me it was the assasins. I was attacked by one, killed him but got down to ~20% life so i sat down to eat. Was attacked again while eating and managed to kill him with barely any HP left. So i sat down to eat and was attacked again by an assasin and this time i didn't have enough HP and died. F that shit, what a stupid mechanic.

It's basically the only thing I really enjoy in Shadowlands at the moment. The Maw is dreadful, daily quests take too long. Dungeons are okay, tbf, but are basically more of the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal curse View Post
    I don't really understand Torghast. I did two runs last week and then quit because it's boring, but now I got a legendary recipe and I decided to get the rest of the ash, and I see I can do layer 3 immediately, even though I haven't done these wings yet. Do the layers unlock across all wings once I've done one?
    Seems like you understand it perfectly because it's just as you said here

Honestly when it first came out I cleared both easily. Mind you I'm BM with 150 ilvl at the time. After the reset I cleared Fracture Halls not easily but it was done. Now I went straight to level 3 in Mort'regar, the aoe and the shiat on the ground was annoying and used all my deaths till I got to the last boss. Put it this way, I didnt kill him. Not sure what happened this time but the first week was cake and I had lower ilvl. I think it was because I got bogus powers. I think I got like 2 power one and the rest was bogus mobility. Just bad luck I guess. I will try again today.

This is the Shl version of iland exp so cant understand why people expect it be any better than iland exp.

Torghast is easily my favorite feature of the expansion. Me, my wife and her brother have loved doing it for the ash so far.

I killed Patrician Cromwell on my DH with 144 ILvl before the nerf.
    I had shitty powers.
    He was overtuned, I'm glad they are adjusting it.

I love Torghast so far, can't wait for new wings to open.

OK, I had some atrocious Anima power RNG this week. Like, I'm facing an elite that I had to do some puzzle to get to. What do I get? A choice between extra holy damage and increased auto attack range. As a Warlock. Then I managed to get to some balconies by jumping on some cages (which was supper annoying because I had 40% increased movement speed and I kept overshooting there) and apparently Anima mimics are a thing in Torghast. At least there was the big breakable pot with an Anima power on the other end of the balcony. An AoE power and increased phantasma gain. When the balcony was the last part of floor 5 and I had only the boss to do. The Anima power spawner from merchant? A choice between an AoE power and increased phantasma gain AGAIN. I was so underpowered by the end I ended up killing the boss with a DoT tick after I died.

In the other wing I got 3 copies of the Anima power that gives Malefic Rapture a 15% chance to give you 5 Soul Shards and I beat the boss there when it only got 5 stacks of the elite buff, while having a permanent 50% damage taken reduction from Demonic Portal. Though even in that run I was faced with a magnificent choice of Anima power where one of the options was the melee range buff. Twice. Both times from a rare, so perhaps it's tied to a specific rare spawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I thought it was a lot of fun when I did testing of it on Beta; I'm sure I will get bored of it once I've got my alt army all needing to do runs in there.
    I might do one alt like my hunter. Until the alts over gear, it from world quests might just pass on it for the army.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Now they give us craftable legendaries and people are still mad
    To craft these items they create mandatory content in Torghast where we acquire the main reagent . This soul ash should be widely available from other content that people enjoy.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done Torghast enough for it to actually become tedious but I can definitely see that happen a few weeks from now. For now it's still fun.
    Here's hoping for more variety in future patches

Quote Originally Posted by octapusx View Post
    For me, thorghast is a fresh and welcome part of the game. The only complaint i have is that they need to make soulash come from different sources than thorghast, so i dont need to see whiny posts like this.
    exactly this. it's all good if you like to do it but let me cap soulash without being forced to clear that shit. also, absolutely no reward for a failed run (yeah I failed. I play enhancement and I'm not high tier player). a run is not that fast, feels bad to get nothing at all.

so you don't know which boss you get, you can have bad luck on anima powers, big differences between specs and no rewards if you failed. the perfect recipe for frustration

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    To craft these items they create mandatory content in Torghast where we acquire the main reagent . This soul ash should be widely available from other content that people enjoy.
    it seems so obvious to me. maybe so obvious they found a way to force fed us with the new island expeditions.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-03 at 03:22 PM.

I like Thorgast but god damn is some classes easier than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo1 View Post
    I like Thorgast but god damn is some classes easier than others.
    Yeah this is very true. Just watched my friend on his rogue do the zombie boss. He is an absolute beast of a player, with slightly lower ilvl (178) better than me for sure, but he had to use every trick in his arsenal to beat the boss.

Meanwhile I totally steamrolled that boss as a balance druid using common anima powers. To make it even worse: i was wearing healing trinket and chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    Wait... are we talking about
    a) Scenarios?
    b) Garrison Invasions?
    c) Withered Training?
    d) Island Expeditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    - There's almost no variation in levels. Maybe they are random (I have not replayed them), but I grow tired of watching them.
    - The monsters are nothing special. You see them over and over again and they have the same abilities.
    - The buffs are nice and some are fun to use, but you start seeing them repeat very often.
    - The challenge. What challenge? Once I get my 1250 Soul Ash for the quest to see where it leads to, I won't be coming anytime soon, if ever (if not absolutely needed, but I'm a casual, so not gonna happen).

Blizzard took what everyone hated the most and made it a core part of the game - killing trash mobs for no reward.
    I love it.
    It is fun gameplay. I don't need a reward for it.

BUT: We do get a reward. Unless you do not count the currency for legendaries, a follower, the mount and stuff.
    Not everything needs to reward stuff.

Thorgast is gameplay focused. And it is incredibly fun gameplay at that you can do solo (if you are able to) or group (if you are not)

If you hate it just becuase it has no reward... maybe wow is not that fun for you as you think?