Shadowlands graphics turning my pc off.

The situation is that some abilities cast by bosses, or the Oribos super loaded tunnel when you take flight paths sometimes turn my pc off.

What graphics should i turn down? I tried a few and its better but still happens.

hm.. sounds like you need to start upgrading that PC bud.

I'd suggest turning down particles.

Might be worth posting your system specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU, Drives)

Quote Originally Posted by Chat View Post
    hm.. sounds like you need to start upgrading that PC bud.

I'd suggest turning down particles.
    Ya def, its a 6-7 years old computer. I just turned particles down to "disabled" if this persists I will post my specs and see if there is anything that I can do. Doesnt always happen tho.

I'd check temps. Get a can of air and blow out the case and especially cpu/gpu cooler. This is generally the first thing I do when this happens and it fixes it most of the time. If you still have that problem after, its time to look at replacing the power supply and doing some troubelshooting.
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

I'd get a program to monitor you temps. Get a CPU temp and GPU temp software (google them, lots of fine choices). Tab out while playing and see if the temps are under 90. I'd like lower temps but PC wont be crashing due to temps under 90.

If you have temps you probably just need to clean out the GPU/CPU.

for me it is torgast. all that steam, fog, mist is simply unplayable. maldraxxus was same as well at some parts. Thankfully,
    I will be upgrading my gtx 960m to a rtx 3070 very soon -.-.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Ya def, its a 6-7 years old computer. I just turned particles down to "disabled" if this persists I will post my specs and see if there is anything that I can do. Doesnt always happen tho.
    I had this exact same issue back in WOTLK. Particle effects made my PC turn off when looking at specific things in games. Updating the graphics card drivers fixed it.

Could also be a number of other pieces of hardware of course so you can just try switching out parts if you have spares. For example I've had bad power supplies crash my PC when playing demanding games.
    Bobthegoát - Aszune