Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is everyone in such a freaking hurry?

I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

I haven’t ran a single normal dungeon where the tank wasn’t on fucking coke

As many others have said - the community is the issue with WoW, not the game.

Nothing can be done about it OP ... I play most of the game solo because there is little room for enjoyment in group play.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I’m so sick of it. The toxic fucking m+ gogoggo mindset has ruined all forms of group content in this game. Now I can’t even enjoy a freaking NORMAL dungeon without the tank using m+ routes and going AS UBERWTTTDBBBQQQQ FAST AS POSSIBILE.

God don’t people just fuckijg do shit to enjoy it? Don’t people enjoy the environments in games anymore? Must everything be a means to an end, which must come as fast as possible because I NEED MY REWARD RN?

This has been the case since forever. I still remember wotlk speedrunning dungeons. Even ghostcrawler said that he is responsible for creating that mindset back then. So ye.. this is nothing new.

What about you try to make some friends to run dungeons with?

7+ Year Old Account
    What do you want the tank to do, RP walk around so people can look at the trees?

This mindset formed back in WotLK, when badges were the only goal, so players tried to skip everything else and get to last boss as fast, as possible. And instead of doing something to prevent players from doing it, Blizzard decided to use this situation. That's how "time run" content appeared in this game. I also don't like such kind of content. For example I like to do dungeons properly. Overall half of content is ruined by either timers or soft-timers in this game.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

There are plenty of solutions to your "problem":

1. Make your own group where you state at what speed your group shall progress through the content
    2. Become a tank and see if the other people in the group will accept your pace
    3. Initiate a vote kick of the tank where you state that the pace is to fast. Combine that with constant complaining about the tank in group chat.
    Please report back if you are succesfull with this method or if you are getting kicked yourself in stead.

You are making the same mistake as many others where you assume that your enjoyment, in this case slow play, is the only correct form of enjoyment.
    It might come as a surprise to you, but people enjoy this game differently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Nothing can be done about it OP ... I play most of the game solo because there is little room for enjoyment in group play.
    Nothing stops you from creating groups manually with like-minded people. There is already at least 3 people in this thread with the same mindset as you. Just wait 30 minutes more and you have your "play-the-game-as-it-was-intended-group".
    Edit: (It didn't even take 30 minutes to have enough people to form at least 1 group of people that enjoy slow play. You should all exchange btags and play the game together. Then atleast you will get something productive out of this thread.)

You have all the power in the world to change your in-game experience. The only thing that is demanded of you is that you man up and find people like yourself instead of being at "mercy" of the in-game group finder.
    Last edited by T-34; 2020-11-30 at 06:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember in BC, it took me until almost the very end the expansion to clear Magister's Terrace with a PuG...for the sole reason of the last trash group before Kael'thas. I miss that. When you stopped before every pull, CC'd the most dangerous, LoS the ranged mobs, wait for pats to go through...

Sounds like something the groups anchor would say. OP you can literally just be the tank or form your own group.
    LFD, LFR and LFBG arr the worst multiplayer experiences you can have in wow. Avoid them, find a guild and engage in the proper multiplayer experience with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I remember in BC, it took me until almost the very end the expansion to clear Magister's Terrace with a PuG...for the sole reason of the last trash group before Kael'thas. I miss that. When you stopped before every pull, CC'd the most dangerous, LoS the ranged mobs, wait for pats to go through...
    Know what? I remember BEFORE WoW when MMORPG's were actually difficult.
    WoW dumbed down the genre, because people wanted more solo content (in an mmorpg, duh), more easier content, ppl wanted to get rid of classes like Mesmers, whose primary job WAS CC.

On another note, I'm pretty sure BC-classic will be a speedrunning clown fiesta, even at the start.
    You don't miss "that" game - you miss the world where we all explored this together.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I remember pugging it first week of release you just needed someone who would actually take charge and do marks.

it was like that before M+. those poor tanks have been told to GOGOGO since LFG was implemented. I've seen dps asking tank "what are you waiting for" with healer OOM or no healer at all.... that's why I don't want to play tank or heal with pickups. they have all the pressure of the dongeon, and the pressure from dps in trivial content. if the tank stop pulling packs for half a second, a damage dealer will do it, create a mess and blame the tank for not being fast enough...

also, in normal dongeon, good chance the tank is in fact a DPS who switched spec to skip the queue... you can guess those guys have no time to waste... they are playing tank the way they expect tanks to play. FAST.

Yeah it got fcked up with legion M+ dungeon it created that mindset . Only way to avoid that is play with friends, or join a guild full of baddies probably that are below your skill level but at least you can all play and enjoy the time together...

Make your own group instead of deciding what others should do. I like optimising. That's how I play all games. Optimising is a sign of learning. It's not because of speed itself I go quickly.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

You try to play as a tank and go slowly. You'll get both DPS, and healers yelling at you that you can pull more/faster, or just doing it themselves.

Another side of this is that some players may be on their 2nd/3rd character, and trying to quickly get through to go onto mythics before the reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    What do you want the tank to do, RP walk around so people can look at the trees?
    Pretty much.

Normal and Heroic dungeon trash and even bosses drop dead the moment you look at them funny, what's the point of unnecessarily prolonging this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    I've seen dps asking tank "what are you waiting for" with healer OOM or no healer at all.....
    i had a dps yelling at me to pull with a healer that wouldnt heal me other than yseras gift and a regrowth maybe once per pull if i was lucky. i sat in front of a pack with 30% health waiting for a heal.

before you ask, no. i didnt give the healer any crap. i didnt even speak the entire run. the healer was apparently being taught by the mage in the group at level 56, but wasnt even pushing buttons at most of the time. 25% of their overall healing was yseras gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Know what? I remember BEFORE WoW when MMORPG's were actually difficult.
    WoW dumbed down the genre, because people wanted more solo content (in an mmorpg, duh), more easier content, ppl wanted to get rid of classes like Mesmers, whose primary job WAS CC.

On another note, I'm pretty sure BC-classic will be a speedrunning clown fiesta, even at the start.
    You don't miss "that" game - you miss the world where we all explored this together.
    I do agree, and certainly Classic has diverged greatly from the Vanilla experience, but there was a brief time in the beginning where it had a similar feel, and I have enjoyed Classic more than I expected I would, so I'm willing to give TBC a shot too.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

This is actually only somewhat true. The game rewards and urges for this type of gameplay since it's the best way to get the most out of the game. If they actually made the game high risk high reward instead, you'd see a lot of people rather playing chill and talking than rushing as fast as they can for micro upgrades. Slow and steady for the high reward is better than fast and die.

GOGOGOGO began in Wrath. As someone else said, GC created the incentives for it and encouraged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    This is actually only somewhat true. The game rewards and urges for this type of gameplay since it's the best way to get the most out of the game. If they actually made the game high risk high reward instead, you'd see a lot of people rather playing chill and talking than rushing as fast as they can for micro upgrades. Slow and steady for the high reward is better than fast and die.
    Have you considered that you are a minority? That it might be the case that the majority actually enjoys to do dungeons as fast as possible?
    I mean when I read "chill", "take it easy" then I read it as "bad", "unskilled", "not respectful of other people's time".