Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Your feeling ≠ reality. I'm pretty sure if you play alliance, you see exactly the same. And blizzard itself have the correct numbers, so nope, there are not more alliance than horde in Warmode.
    This.
    Stop pretending anecdotal "evidence" carries weight, especially on this forum. Most of that stuff is extremely distorted at best.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Big problem is majority of horde are pve and dobt engage in pvp they only make it so ratios on shard are fucked

If you want the horde to get a bonus, shut WM off, and convince the rest of the horde to do likewise.

Horde tears...yuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

You can do what Alliance has had to do since WM was added, either find a group or shut it off big boi. Hows it feel? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Your feeling ≠ reality. I'm pretty sure if you play alliance, you see exactly the same. And blizzard itself have the correct numbers, so nope, there are not more alliance than horde in Warmode.
    I've leveled both Alliance and Horde to 60 on high pop servers that heavily favor the side I'm leveling and it is EXTREMELY noticable how many more Alliance there are everywhere with War Mode on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    I play on the US RP shard, and it's the same. Alliance swarming here. Thanks Moon Guard.
    It makes the WQ 20 Spriggan weapons hell xD even with the hotfixed spawn rates.

Maybe Horde has just became accustomed to being the only one with WM on. And now that some Alliance has decided to level with WM on it feels like being overrun. Maybe the ratio wasn't 13:10 before but 20:10 and the buff was just capped. Maybe it is 13:10 now. Either way, WM giving rewards for PvE activities is a terrible system anyways and should have never gone live this way.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-12-01 at 03:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    No it's not the same. There have many evidence here in mmo-champion https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...buff-is-a-joke
    i see no evidance there.
    the 30% is based on how many players of each faction played in warmode that week, if far more horde plays then alliance alliance buff will go up, if far more alliance plays then horde, it will go down, and then the horde will get a buff.

the alliance is getting a buff because they are far outnumbered in warmode. get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    wm is basically dead since anima = not relevent to power= nobody using it
    also in the maw nobody wants to even risk losing stygia

its just a small exp buff to use while leveling if your horde, or a big one if aliance but no realy relevent as it was in bfa
    you also get bonus stygia, which me and my guildies i run maw with get LOTS of use out of.

- - - Updated - - -

This is also true. I think Blizzard needs to re-evaluate the WM rewards. Horde isn't the dominating faction anymore after SL launch. At least not in PvP servers or WM on.

In MDI everyone was already playing alliance.
    yes they are, the 30% buff is there BECAUSE they are the dominating faction.
    also lol MDI has no effect on actual gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    You (and everyone else posting the same stuff) assume that WM bonus would be adjusted instantly if there's changes in player numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard would take months to change the WM numbers if Alliance started dominating it.
    it changes weekly, its an automated system...
    it has always changed week to week, some weeks to 25%, some weeks even to 20%.
    its not ALWAYS 30%
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Big problem is majority of horde are pve and dobt engage in pvp they only make it so ratios on shard are fucked
    My experience is pretty much the opposite. I keep hoping to run into these peaceful horde, but I get ganged rushed all day. I tried leveling a Ally toon with warmode and it was great until I got to Gorgond and it was pretty much a constant 3-1, 4-1 affair and they all ran towards me as soon as I showed up.

Haven't tried it in SL yet, because I have things to do and I suspect it will be more bum rushing going on

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i see no evidance there.
    the 30% is based on how many players of each faction played in warmode that week, if far more horde plays then alliance alliance buff will go up, if far more alliance plays then horde, it will go down, and then the horde will get a buff.

the alliance is getting a buff because they are far outnumbered in warmode. get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

you also get bonus stygia, which me and my guildies i run maw with get LOTS of use out of.

- - - Updated - - -

yes they are, the 30% buff is there BECAUSE they are the dominating faction.
    also lol MDI has no effect on actual gameplay
    I think the issue is the way servers tend to build groups. When you group up you are shifted onto one server. This means a five man group immediately skewers the population. The people of the opposite faction are then prioritized to join that shard leaving them outnumbered so they in turn join a group on another shard. The side dominating the zones gets more and more people joining that shard as everyone wants a easy fight.

It's why you tend to get utterly annihilated in war mode unless you play the shard game. It's a terriblely flawed system and I can't think of a way to fix it with the way jnstancing works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm alliance and I've had WM on since release. I would say it has been fairly balanced most of the time, but more often favoring Horde than Alliance.

Ally is complete failed faction, the only reason they do wpvp is because it doesnt require gear that they cant get because all good players and guilds are horde then they can pile up 40 ppl from dungeon finder and gangbang a solo player trying to get their dailies done or dominate that shard because they brought ppl from other shard to imbalance it and think they are a good player by doing it.
    Nobody that has any drop of skill cares about wpvp because it doesnt matter in any kind of way.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2020-12-01 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That’s not evidence. That’s just people telling about their personal experiences like you. The 30% Alliance buff is based on the actual participation numbers which are more valid than how you “feel” it is.
    Feelings overrule facts, my friend. You should know that. ;P That said, I still don't understand the reason for the experience in the first place. It honestly just feels like it's there so that in regions where one faction outnumbers the other 10 to 1 the players on the dominant faction have something to attack and grief in their PVP shards. I dislike Warmode immensely because it fractures the player base and can make finding world groups a real pain. Not being able to more freely get in and out just makes it a hassle and honestly, imo, pvp servers for those inclined to PVP were a better idea. Yeah it split some people up, but instead of affecting a few servers it now affects the entire game.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    The shoe is on the other foot. What you're experiencing is what the few Alliance who wanted to PvP endured at the start of BFA, when Alliance didn't have the 30% buff to compensate for the effort. There'd be a small amount of people pvping, the rest were there for the boost to rewards. Unfortunately, Horde players have become accustomed to a baseline 10% increase due to the lack of competition and have no incentive to contest, because they're simply not used to it.
    I see it the other way around to be honest.

Nowadays we cannot speak of absolute server imbalance given the nature of the sharding, and even if my server has a mostly Horde population, our pool includes to heavily Alliance populated ones and some minor ones. Overall we're about even with 1k ish odd in favor of either.

The argument of the uncontested bonus is a little tasteless: at the moment it's a 10% against a 30%, uncontested because once again as the coin has flipped the Horde does not wish to engage with warmode because there's no incentive to. And for what? To be outnumbered and after the tussle get even less rewards?

The breed of PvP players came and went on both sides, those who would play with war mode on are few in numbers. The others either need an incentive or wont' move, and at the present time, one faction gets to reap big benefits where the other is left with nothing.
    And I still have to read these absurd theories about Horde favoritism.

I don't understand whats the logic behind alliance getting 30% even tho they are swarming WM right now. It's like 80%-20% alliance horde ratio in WM and they get 30% bonus.
    I've still got screenshots of the Horde camping the timeless isle turn-in npcs for the entire pandaria timewalking event. 24/7. barely even managed to turn them in as an alliance rogue. They just spammed AoE on top of them for hours....

I've only seen the occasional organized alliance ganking squad, and of course that battleground in nazj that the alliance were so tired of losing they made an entire organization dedicated to overpowering the horde side and camping the hell out of them in one particular shard. gamebreaking, but apes together strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I've still got screenshots of the Horde camping the timeless isle turn-in npcs for the entire pandaria timewalking event. 24/7. barely even managed to turn them in as an alliance rogue. They just spammed AoE on top of them for hours....
    This, that shit is just insane.
    To hear them getting a taste of their own medicine is bliss.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I've leveled both Alliance and Horde to 60 on high pop servers that heavily favor the side I'm leveling and it is EXTREMELY noticable how many more Alliance there are everywhere with War Mode on.
    Like said before: are there more alliance, yes, but are there more horde too: yes on both. Like said before: Just because there are now actually people on alliance side playing warmode does not mean that alliance is still in the minority.

Its because of sharding. You either get a raid of alliance or no alliance. Honestly it’s why I don’t think the bonus should be unequal as you will always have equal sides.

7+ Year Old Account
    Warmode should never have had any kind of pve bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde complaining about WM lol.
    Imagine being the dominant faction for every facet of the game and still complain. Who passed you in the qeue at the grocery store today?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".