Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm surprised so many people don't like the Knaak characters that were added in the WotA.
    Because they are pet characters with a ridiculous amount of power.

    In later books it just continues - like Rhonin creating a ''Raptor Army''.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Because they are pet characters with a ridiculous amount of power.

    In later books it just continues - like Rhonin creating a ''Raptor Army''.
    TBH I didn't like them either. I think the story would be better if they just focused on the Night Elves.

  3. #23
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    15,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Yes I know, but what I meant is wouldn’t his soul be trapped in the Twisting Nether if he died there.
    No, the twisting nether has no effect on mortal souls.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    TBH I didn't like them either. I think the story would be better if they just focused on the Night Elves.
    I guess Knaak just wanted to add some more human potential!
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2020-11-30 at 01:11 PM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I guess Knaak just wanted to add some more human potential!
    Sounds like Golden really.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    3,638
    Maybe he got Fel disenchanted like Varian when he died and his soul was simply consumed
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  7. #27
    Warchief Lupinemancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    did he end up in Maldraxxus or Ardenweald?!!?
    Which of the thousands and thousands and infinite realms of the Shadowlands would make you think he'd end up only in one of those two?

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    He is super dead.

    The last thing Krasus saw of him was being dead and pierced on Sargeras sword.
    ok so his soul either went into the Twisting Nether to be punished or to be fuel for the Legion, or it went to Maldraxxus

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ok so his soul either went into the Twisting Nether to be punished or to be fuel for the Legion, or it went to Maldraxxus
    Why would he go to the Twisting Nether? Only demons go there.

    Fuel for the Legion isnt out of the question, true.

    And he might've ended up there, yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sounds like Golden really.
    She made her own human potential, with blackjack and hookers!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Why would he go to the Twisting Nether? Only demons go there.

    Fuel for the Legion isnt out of the question, true.

    And he might've ended up there, yeah.
    well wherever souls go to be tortured by the Legion.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Fel disenchanted
    Actually snortlaughed. Great phrase

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Derpules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    I'm sure Grom, Garrosh, Varok, and maybe even Thrall could've done it if they had the Axe of Cenarius.
    It's like hating a team for having a good player. Sure, others could of. But did they? I just woke up so my thoughts aren't coherent yet
    "The only constant in the universe is inconsistency"

  13. #33
    I feel like at some point knaak must of turned then down or they felt such a talented written was driving the narrative of their game far to much out of their control. It's why some of the best in game lore came from the Tokyopop short stories including the headless horseman lore.

    I don't know why blizzard seems to flinch away from talented story teams and instead go with whatever the plot of bfa was...( did the sword matter at all ). Though this is an argument about taste some people might like the fact anduin cries constantly about being king and becomes a shitshovler to hit on random barmaid he can mislead or Shaws new hobby of sniffing men half his age...

    I honestly kinda just ignore lore at this point and make up my own fanfiction as I play. So far my story has kel'thuzard murdering all the competent leadership of the houses and installing criminally underqualified people to replace them to make a puppet ruling class he controls.

  14. #34
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I liked the war of the ancients trilogy.
    But it wouldn't have been a worse book without Knaaks trio of timetraveling self inserts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm surprised so many people don't like the Knaak characters that were added in the WotA.
    Are you really now?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I feel like at some point knaak must of turned then down or they felt such a talented written was driving the narrative of their game far to much out of their control. It's why some of the best in game lore came from the Tokyopop short stories including the headless horseman lore.

    I don't know why blizzard seems to flinch away from talented story teams and instead go with whatever the plot of bfa was...( did the sword matter at all ). Though this is an argument about taste some people might like the fact anduin cries constantly about being king and becomes a shitshovler to hit on random barmaid he can mislead or Shaws new hobby of sniffing men half his age...

    I honestly kinda just ignore lore at this point and make up my own fanfiction as I play. So far my story has kel'thuzard murdering all the competent leadership of the houses and installing criminally underqualified people to replace them to make a puppet ruling class he controls.
    I'm sorry what now?

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    did he end up in Maldraxxus or Ardenweald?!!?
    Died from fel magic.

    So probly destroyed.

    I think people keep forgeting fel magic destroys souls

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Are you really now?
    Pretty much. I remember reading it ages ago and not liking that Rhonin, Brox and Krasus just appearing from the future. Was legit hoping that that hadn't actually happened in the main universe and that it was some alternate timeline stuff but it wasn't.

    I also remember talking about it on mmo-c and found that most people didn't mind. Infact I remember Brox had fans even. So yeah I'm kinda surprised that the first few replies on this thread don't even like those characters.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Dalheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Died from fel magic.

    So probly destroyed.

    I think people keep forgeting fel magic destroys souls
    He died from being impaled by Sargeras.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Was legit hoping that that hadn't actually happened in the main universe and that it was some alternate timeline stuff but it wasn't.
    Technically it didnt.

    Nozdormu overwrote the original timeline (where Rhonin, Krasus, and Broxigar *didnt* show up) with the new outcome (The one with Rhonin, Krasus and Broxigar + Tauren, Earthen and Furbolg creating an alliance).
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2020-11-30 at 06:59 PM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, the twisting nether has no effect on mortal souls.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P40_kd-mS8

  19. #39
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    22,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Pretty much. I remember reading it ages ago and not liking that Rhonin, Brox and Krasus just appearing from the future. Was legit hoping that that hadn't actually happened in the main universe and that it was some alternate timeline stuff but it wasn't.

    I also remember talking about it on mmo-c and found that most people didn't mind. Infact I remember Brox had fans even. So yeah I'm kinda surprised that the first few replies on this thread don't even like those characters.
    Ah I see. Well yeah, for odd reasons there are still Broxx fans about, but never seen anyone who liked Rhonin or Krasus.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    But it wouldn't have been a worse book without Knaaks trio of timetraveling self inserts.
    A book is what it is. The characters are part of it. Removing them and inserting other characters with other personalities may change dialogue and dynamics. I liked the books, characters included.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •