Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Torghast easier as discipline compared to shadow?

Hi everyone,

I play SP and I found myself having troubles in the torghast layer 3. Maybe it's because the anima powers I chose (I recently discovered a fear build that I'm going to try this evening) but I heard that it's way easier as tank/healer so I'm wondering if it would be just better to run Torghast as discipline

Thank you

I found Disc to be incredibly slow at killing pretty much everything, obviously to compensate for Atonement healing.

I melted Torghast as Shadow so I think the spec is fine/better than the others for this content. I did it after running my m0 for the week though so I had 170+ ilvl. What do you have?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar experience as Gotural, also at 170+ itemlevel.

Didn't have too much trouble with anything, just take your time waiting for your cooldowns if necessary.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Haven’t bothered with disc, but absolutely flew through as shadow 165-178 ilvl range. I tried a bunch of different builds. Probably my favorite was the Shadow Word: Death build. Biggest crit I got was 78k. I did not survive that. Most powers seem lackluster to me, and there have been runs when I get absolutely all support powers.

I mean I never had issues as shadow, not even lvl 8 on beta gave me issues, and I pulled on average 5 mobs at once.

Use your toolkit, shadow healing and damage combination is broken in torghast.

Probably depends on the powers you get.

I flew through all of it as disc as the health the mobs have is significantly reduced.

I killed the first layer 3 boss I got in 50 seconds and in the other wing the layer 3 boss in 22 seconds.

But I feel I got lucky on powers. Especially in the 2nd wing layer 3 as I was 1 shooting mobs with PtW initial damage and extra damage on first hit. Collecting soul buffs is also a must.

You could have the same kinda luck as shadow too. Its not only the difference between one spec and the other.

Thank you for your replies,

As you said, yesterday I did both wings layer 3 without any problems. I believe that I had shitty powers when I did the layer 2 and I didn't expect the boss would be that tough as I was melting the pulls.

Also, there's a boss that I found particularlly difficult for shadows. I talk about that ugly gargoyle that interrupts and makes a cast that reduces his incoming dmg and also reducing your celerity. I know that the cast can be interrupted and also the buff/debuff dispelled, but given how fast the cast is and how frequent, I found myself the most of the time dispelling/interrupting/stunning/healing than doing dps xD

Thanks again

I did Torghast as discipline with absolute ease. On one run, I made mind control build and it was smooth and fast. I also did a run with fear build, also good. As has been said, it all depends on what powers you get, but I guess all priest specs should work fine.

It's probably not hard as disc, but shadow is one of the strongest specs for torghast right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even very good and I found Torghast a hoot as shadow.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye shadow is great in Thorgast, for people unfamilliar yes the dots per mob might get little frustrating at times. But the combination of stackable dp and all the self heal the spec has atm it fees like a solid pick. Did both layer 3s with ease and running around with the leggo legs and its great.

Shame I havr to work alot atm..

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    im at about 165 ilvl and if i use my spells offensive and deffensive im melting the place down as shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    It's probably not hard as disc, but shadow is one of the strongest specs for torghast right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'm not even very good and I found Torghast a hoot as shadow.

Hang on, back the fun bus the fuck up!

I’m very interested in a reality where shadow solos anything in the same galaxy of efficiency as a self-healing tank like my bear that I led the expansion with while my poor “born to be Venthyr” priest sits on the bench because “lol soloing as a priest in a world where tanks and pet classes can use the same time and effort to actually succeed!”

Or is this statement about priests in Torghast in regards to group contribution? If not, please enlighten me! I’m serious, I’m very interested and would love to be able to justify playing my priest pre-flight!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-12-04 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Hang on, back the fun bus the fuck up!

I’m very interested in a reality where shadow solos anything in the same galaxy of efficiency as a self-healing tank like my bear that I led the expansion with while my poor “born to be Venthyr” priest sits on the bench because “lol soloing as a priest in a world where tanks and pet classes can use the same time and effort to actually succeed!”

Or is this statement about priests in Torghast in regards to group contribution? If not, please enlighten me! I’m serious, I’m very interested and would love to be able to justify playing my priest pre-flight!
    I don't really know what to tell you, I've soloed all my runs so far, and I've died once on the first week, by vamporting right in to a trap, without realizing it, and 3 times this week, because I went with the "killing stuff with SWD makes SWD stronger" power, in a wing filled with mobs that don't actually die when they reach 0 health, so I kept killing myself with the backlash.

I had no problems first week with third layer, even when I had bad power RNG, and this week I've also completed the "finish with 1k unspent currency" achievement, also on third layer.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    You can literally do an afk build as a priest (all specs) by stacking hp, +absorb on shield based on hp and reflective shield anima power. I got my pw:s up to like 15-20k absorb and it reflected 90% back at the attacker. Was #1 dmg and healing and I never dipped below 100% hp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might as well post here saying that I had no issues as shadow except one of the new wings and specifically the floor with round platforms in the air.
    I died twice there because mobs are stacked and cast a healing debuff and you have to pull at least two elites and a few other mobs. Died third time there when I bounced off a chain edge (seriously Blizzard, WTF).
    Didn't try mind control there so maybe I made it harder on myself than I needed to.

Haven't tried disc in Torghast but with shadow being so strong, I don't see why. I usually run Vampiric Embrace build. Almost 100% uptime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Torghast is designed around giving tanks and healers an advantage while doing them solo compared to a dps spec doing it solo. I'm normally holy and had no problems what so ever doing either wing to 3 by myself. I only died twice on the third layer of the Fracture Chamber because those damn assassins liked to appear just as I'm casting Holy Fire and didn't have time to react to cancel the cast lol. I would guess that since disc is a dps healer type of spec that its not "dumbed down" to the level that tanks or other healing specs are since your dmg is higher than other healer specs in the game due to how you guys heal.

What covenant would you recommend for someone that loves both disc and shadow? I like the Kyrian ability more, Venthyr for the aesthetics. Would love to hear some opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Santas View Post
    What covenant would you recommend for someone that loves both disc and shadow? I like the Kyrian ability more, Venthyr for the aesthetics. Would love to hear some opinions
    Check out this thread at the end. Personally, I’m going Venthyr for my Disc/Shadow specs.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...around-content

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Check out this thread at the end. Personally, I’m going Venthyr for my Disc/Shadow specs.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...around-content
    Cheers! If I don't go Venthyr I'll have zero characters going venthyr (and it's my favorite one, theme wise). I suspected that Venthyr is the ideal choice, but god damn it, I LOVE how fun the Kyrian ability feels. :/

p.s. one huge problem I'm facing right now, got like 7 alts, still haven't decided on a main.