Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Let Mythic Raiding be for the top dogs. What's so hard to understand here?
    The fact that high-end Mythic+ is harder than Mythic raiding?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Moi2003 View Post
    In that case, why even have LFR, normal or heroic raiding ? just do mythic raiding
    Do the content you enjoy. Do you enjoy LFR? You dont need mythic raiding ilvl to do it. Do you enjoy normal or heroic? Guess what, you dont need mythic raiding ilvl to complete it. I dont get the point you were even trying to make here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

What's this discussion even about?

Spammable, in-dungeon max level m+ chests gave heroic level gear ever since the m+ system was implemented. That's pretty much the same now (heroic raid gear: 213, m+ gear 210).

The weekly chest (great vault) gives up to 226 gear (which is on par with mythic raid 226).

Additional itemlevels of the final raid bosses (where applicable) never were translated into m+ gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Do the content you enjoy. Do you enjoy LFR? You dont need mythic raiding ilvl to do it. Do you enjoy normal or heroic? Guess what, you dont need mythic raiding ilvl to complete it. I dont get the point you were even trying to make here.
    This is kind of an old take. The core of any RPG is progressing your gear, getting stronger. The lower you cap that, the quicker people quit (as shown, people do not "rise to the occasion" like some old timers thing they do). That said i think the system will -hopefully- be fine as it is now, so long as M+ keeps pace with raiding. All avenues should let you hit the end, but Mythic+ was kind of bunk with the fact that you had no gear lockout. One piece a week of Mythic level gear is alright in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You literally couldn't be further from truth. The wrongest statement in entire forum.

I am mythic raider who does M+ occasionally. So I will have best gear, faster and more reliably than all M+ "scrubs" even if those M+ scrubs do far harder content than vast majority of mythic raiders by pushing some extreme levels.

I am simply anti-Karen and think that everyone should be able to get good gear by playing content they like with enough effort.
    They can get good gear, just not the best.

Ironic on the Karen statement given it's Karen's that expect everything to be given to them.

If mythic+ gave better or equal gear as mythic raiding it would kill what little remains of it. Why put up with schedules of 20 people when you can just do it with 5?

Look at 25 man raiding guilds thay got destroyed when 10 and 25 gave same rewards. There is a reason they came up with flex raid sizes and it's because that one change forever changed guilds and the raiding scene.

People will largely choose the easiest, fastest route and what you are suggesting will continue to kill raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    This is kind of an old take. The core of any RPG is progressing your gear, getting stronger. The lower you cap that, the quicker people quit (as shown, people do not "rise to the occasion" like some old timers thing they do). That said i think the system will -hopefully- be fine as it is now, so long as M+ keeps pace with raiding. All avenues should let you hit the end, but Mythic+ was kind of bunk with the fact that you had no gear lockout. One piece a week of Mythic level gear is alright in my mind.
    The fact that mythic+ has no lockout is precisely why they need to limit its ilvl else people would complete their journey in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Inoculate; 2020-11-30 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    Sure, if you want a weekly loot lockout on M+.
    Seconded.
    Raid is limited to 10 bosses per week.
    M+ is not limited at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they dont mythic raid they dont need the gear. Simple as that. You get gear appropriate to the work you put in and activities you do. If you have only time for wqs and such, do you need 223 gear? No.
    If they designed the game in such a way that the only rewards you could get would be cosmetic and all challenges simple scaled appropriately (i e eliminated gear as a tool)do you think this would be a satisfactory experience? If you dont then you can understand why being told you dont need the gear is also unsatisfactory.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    M+ needs to scale to mythic raid content (ilvl wise) or I am afraid this whole design is garbage :-)
    Yea buddy, makes perfect sense for a Mythic Raid, 20 player, harder content, with a weekly lockout, to drop the same item level as a vastly easier, 5 man, repeatable system of mythic dungeons.

That's just plain brilliance.

10+ Year Old Account

People will largely choose the easiest, fastest route and what you are suggesting will continue to kill raiding.
    This is not a compelling argument to neuter m+. If anything its really a good argument for why raiding shouldnt be the games focus. Evidently people only raid for gear because once you provide an equally or more lucrative opportunity elsewhere they abandon it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The entire "effort vs reward" system feels completely broken in SL.
    It feels like they are trying to stretch very little content into a mountain of time spent by greatly reducing rewards.
    I am betting this expansion will be a ghost town very soon. People seem so pissed off (In game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There is already an ongoing thread in the appropriate subforum here, please use that one going forward. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead