Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Red face Which covenant did you choose for your rogue and why?

Hello. Shadowlands has completed a week and I believe that all main rogues are already level 60, right?
    Which Covenant did you identify with the most? Chose based on skill effectiveness or "Covenant-Fantasy" ??

Even with the monstrous nerf in Serrated Bone Spike I chose Necrolord. In my case I loved Maldraxxus, I liked the story, I liked the style of the characters, NPCs, and everything. Also, Serrated Bone Spike is great for PVP alongside Fleshcraft.
    I hope that in the next patches there will be news. Will we have new skills?

And you? Which covenant did you choose and for what reason?

Worgen rogue is going ventyre because vampires and werewolves.

play this game for my own fun and relaxation

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about Venthyr but went Night Fae. Partly for the feel (not the rather twee little winged guys but the overall nature feel), partly for the buffs. Kyrian feel was wrong for me (hey, let's wipe your soul so you can be a blank slate and serve us!... uh... no.) Necrolord was kind of cool but like Venthyr, they were too stupid to see the traitors in their midst.

im subtlety and i like the kyrian covenant
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    night fae, cuz why not
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Necrolord, ofc.
    Toyed with the idea of going Kyrian. But then I quested through Bastion and man, was I happy to get out of there in the end.

I went night fae because it was the least annoying ability to implement during gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyjokes View Post
    I went night fae because it was the least annoying ability to implement during gameplay.
    In that regard I appreciate Bone Spike because it fills the downtime between SDs. It's a bit more annoying in AoE fights since multidotting sucks. Then again, it's a fairly tame version of multidotting and our normal AoE rotation is incredibly simple, so I don't mind.
    Last edited by Lodravel; 2020-12-01 at 07:37 AM.

Kyrian for Sub, for PvP it just does too much damage. Extra burst is always nice, and the little potion thingy it gives you could come in handy as well. Don't plan on doing much PvE on my Rogue, but I'm fairly certain Kyrian is strong for that as well anyway.

Necrolord.

Because the power difference between covenants is not that big.

Because there is no way my Rogue is going to be Kyrian or Night Fae

Because I was disappointed by the Venthyr covenant and the ability sucks butt. The Ventyr Vampires are not cool at all (in my opinion).

Because I like how SBS makes the rotation more smooth. It doesn’t do very much damage but it generates Combo Points at a very low energy cost and is ranged. This is very nice for the Rogue specs especially in the beginning of the expansion where we are more energy starved because of low haste.

Kyrian, because I'm only interested in pvp and there Kyrian atm is incredibly op. I don't even like kyrians or bastion and one shotting people is not that fun, but being the only non one-shooting rogue in a world of one-shooting rogues would be even less fun.

Once they nerf it (hopefully soon), I'm tempted to switch to night fae for the mobility.
    Last edited by Dysania; 2020-12-01 at 09:53 AM.

Necrolords. I like the set, the mount, the theme and the good lads at the Primus Seat seemed like they were on dire need of leadership. Also, their skill although nerfed to ground, is still great to quickly generate some combo points for a rupture or a SnD in between SDs.

Also, according to bloodmallet Necros seem to be generally the weakest covenant so chances to be buffed seem high.

Venthyr because of vampires. Like the look and feel of the covenant so easy choice.

One issue that hasn't been raised is the distance between the nearest flight master and your sanctum upgrades. This is important since you quickly fill up your bags with anima containers of different types, and thus need to continually revisit the sanctum upgrades to drop them off in the reservoir.

On that metric Necrolords are clearly the worst since it takes about 3 times as long to get there from the flight point as any other covenant.

Was a tough one but Venthyr. Undead Rogue vampire seemed too good thematically.

Door of Shadows is neat but given our existing toolkit, rogues are likely among the classes that get the least value out of it. Not sure how I feel about the class ability Flagellation... I think it's cool, but my only gripe with it is it gives you the buff if the mob dies, but not if it still lives when it wears off. It's a bit of an annoyance to keep an eye on when it's about to wear off in addition to monitoring everything else going on. Plus, there are so many encounters and mobs in this expansion that disappear mid fight or transition to untargetable where it can fuck you over and sometimes I'm just pulling the buff off pre-emptively to be safe. I love the visual and sound effects though, might be the coolest of the 4.

When I played through the story mode, I thought the Maldraxxus kit was the best all around. Bone Spike fit into my gameplay as Assassination the best with the multi-target Rupture, and also with the scaling CP gen it gave me more to drop into SNDs. Everyone on every website says Sepsis is the best mathematically for DPS but imo it was hard to get used to watching when the debuff was wearing off so I could be ready for my stealth bar to pop up since I have different hotkeys set. There was a lot of me randomly pickpocketing stuff lol. In time I'm sure I'd get used to it but I really don't like it visually and it would be sacrilege to be a Night Fae as an Undead Rogue imo. Plus the Night Fae leather set might be the worst of all 16.

I'm actually just really surprised all of the rogue abilities seem pretty meh overall. Compared to some of the stuff I see for the other classes anyway.

So given all the abilities across the board I think Flagellation is 2nd best to Bone Spike. Idc about dps, just in how it functions. But the theme of vampires seemed a lot cooler to me at the time, and I was planning on going Maldraxxus on my DK... so staggering covenant choices across my "main" characters factored in as well. I'm sure that's another thing people are considering who play many characters. They might like Venthyr the most on their Rogue, but if they plan on going Venthyr on their DK or Paladin and that fits better... then it might make them go to their 2nd choice on Rogue.

I went Night Fae. I wasn't too concerned about the class abilities, and they all sum fairly close. None of them are particularly interesting. Mostly just inoffensive. Sepsis is fine. Vine spike is probably the most interesting. Flag and Reprimand were not great.

Soulshape was my favorite of the unique abilities. It's new in rest areas and the Maw. The blink is useful in some fights and you can cheese fall damage with it.

Ardenweald was by far my favorite zone. It reminds me a lot of Ori. On top of that, you get a farm and I just want to farm ever since MoP farming. Plus Winter Queen is just cool.

I might try out Necrolords later in the xpac. Definitely my 2nd favorite. Kyrian are a weird cult, so they're out. Plus my paladin will give kyrian. I like the vampire vibe, but the less time spent in Revendreth before flying the better.

most the people that play Warcraft now are all idiots. vanilla and bc were college level.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    most the people that play Warcraft now are all idiots. vanilla and bc were college level.
    Okay but what covenant did you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Okay but what covenant did you pick?
    read my first post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Fae, because you know, Ori and the blind forest
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!