Poll: What's your favorite Shadowlands zone?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's your favorite Shadowlands zone?

I'm sure most people have finished each zone now as it really doesn't take that much time to get to 60 (I think I've done it within 10 hours of playtime with reading every quest and skipping only side quests). Based on that experience, what's your favorite Shadowlands zone? In a poll it might be difficult to display, but are there huge discrepancies between your favorite zone from an aesthetic perspective and its story? Or is your favorite zone both aesthetically and lore-wise the best for you?

Curious to hear your answers.

For me it's like:

Revendreth (visuals + story ) > Ardenweald (visuals) > Maldraxxus (story) > Bastion (visuals)

Revendreth is in my opinion one of the best zones overall they've done yet. It's basically a carbon copy of Suramar (which is great) story-wise and even when it comes to visuals (although they're dark and twisted). Nevertheless I chose the Nightfae Covenant for my Monk as it's the most pleasing and fitting for my Monk. Ardenweald is beautiful, but the story is kinda... boring. Nevertheless, it's one of the most beautiful zones ever. Maldraxxus is hideous and Bastion is overall just awful.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-11-28 at 12:02 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Ardenweald might just be the most gorgeous zone of all time. Bastion is also stunning, but not my style as much as Ardenweald. Revendreth is growing on me by the day, while Maldraxxus just isn't all that spectacular (although it did have some good side quests). For me, Maldraxxus is to Shadowlands what Voldun was to BfA - Yeah, it was pretty good for a desert zone, but it's still just a desert zone.

I didn't love the story in any of the zones if I'm being honest, so going purely on aesthetics, it's Ardenweald. I lost count of how many screenshots I took, despite going there multiple times for dungeons on beta.

Favourite zone aesthetically would be Ardenweald, the night sky full of stars is very pleasing to the eye. The ugliest zone is definitely Maldraxxus, it's so depressing and filthy.

Favourite zone storywise would be either Revendreth (because of the political intrigue and the mysterious background surrounding the Light and the Ember Ward) or Bastion (I really liked the small questline related to the Void's attack on Bastion eons ago). I even chose the Venthyr covenant for my main Void elf, because aesthetically the gothic Venthyr armor looks perfect on a Ren'dorei.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

going to be cliche but i chose the Maw.
    i like the atmosphere of trying to survive.
    not being able to mount up makes it more perilous.
    also it's fun when the jailer hunts you and different tier levels.

i completely the expect Blizz to expand on the Maw (make the zone bigger, add new mechanics) in the the future.

Hands down Revendreth. I don't know if it's the colours, or the fact that as a Christian the idea of redemption for even the worst of entities (and in a non traditional way) really resonates with me. Also, I feel it fits the vibe of a DH.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    A zone for me has to be efficient to navigate, have interesting visuals and a good story.

I liked Revendreth's story, but visually it's a bit bland and a nightmare to navigate. Ardenweald is simple enough to navigate, story was a little meh and has very nice visuals. Bastion reminds me of Mac'aree for visuals so I feel I've seen it before. I did like the golden water effect though it's story is fine but a bit thin and it's chasm's make navigation sometimes annoying. Maldraxxus is simple enough to navigate again, story was decent but it looks bland. It's rocks and an arena. Maw is different but there's not much there to speak of that I've seen yet and Oribos is a city. Whats to comment on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maldraxxus.. because dath knight

I went with Ardenweald but Revendreth is very close. Bastion is fantastic as well. Maldraxxus is more of a mixed bag for me. It has some cool concepts I like (huge colosseum in the middle for fighting) but I generally don't like the undead aspect of the game so it's not my cup of tea as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was thinking about his yesterday after finally completing all the zones. As far as beauty goes, Ardenweald takes my breath away, but the zone as far as questing goes remind me of the flow of BfA and I hated the flow of questing in BfA.

I think Bastion overall had a good flow of questing and an overall beautiful looking zone.

Ravendreth is awe inspiring if you like that gothic scenery, and from a scenery perspective its great, the questing flow is good too, but from a ground level is pretty much just like looking at rubble and ruins... which might be a type of intended message of the zones narrative. So if it is intended thats cool.

Maldraxxis was horrible, mixing skulls and bones with the tile set of Desolace wasnt my ideal looking zone, although that arrival scene when you come in and see just this misty eerie sight combined with the Primus statue is pretty awesome.

Verdict
    If we are going on looks alone, then Ardenweald hands down. If its looks and questing and just the general zone experience then I gotta go with Bastion.

Quote Originally Posted by CheckThyself View Post
    going to be cliche but i chose the Maw.
    No you didn't. It has 0 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm sure most people have finished each zone now as it really doesn't take that much time to get to 60 (I think I've done it within 10 hours of playtime with reading every quest and skipping only side quests). Based on that experience, what's your favorite Shadowlands zone? In a poll it might be difficult to display, but are there huge discrepancies between your favorite zone from an aesthetic perspective and its story? Or is your favorite zone both aesthetically and lore-wise the best for you?

Curious to hear your answers.

For me it's like:

Revendreth (visuals + story ) > Ardenweald (visuals) > Maldraxxus (story) > Bastion (visuals)

Revendreth is in my opinion one of the best zones overall they've done yet. It's basically a carbon copy of Suramar (which is great) story-wise and even when it comes to visuals (although they're dark and twisted). Nevertheless I chose the Nightfae Covenant for my Monk as it's the most pleasing and fitting for my Monk. Ardenweald is beautiful, but the story is kinda... boring. Nevertheless, it's one of the most beautiful zones ever. Maldraxxus is hideous and Bastion is overall just awful.
    yup agree with your complete statement.

But revendreth so far has been story wise the only one...good/decent enough.

The rest feel weird. Like i am starting a expansion and then leaving it. Can not find the corret way of saying it.
    Its like you start a whole expansion in a certain theme. And then without extra lore or stuff behind it stops. Feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Drejjmit View Post
    No you didn't. It has 0 votes.
    yes i did.

Love the Ardenweald zone so much! I leveled my DK first and put him in Maldraxxus due to the ability and the transmog but i just can't get into the aesthetic of the zone at all which sort of puts a damper on my immersion. Bastion seemed vanilla but had everything I expected it to with a crisp and pristine zone. Revendreth had the most exciting story. All four each have their own special place in my heart and nobody has the same favorites for the same reasons. What an exciting expansion

The Oribos portal to Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2020-11-28 at 04:31 PM.

Maldraxxus, like a zone where houses are in constant conflict.
    Actually hoped we would see a realm where all dead hordcore Horde and Alliance members would be in constant conflict for all of time.

Theme and musically wise, Revendreth (also because of my covenant). Navigation wise probably Bastion, Revendreth is painful.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised at how beautiful Ardenweald was, and it would’ve been my favorite, and then I played in Revendreth. Where Ardenweald leads with art, Revendreth does with story and dialogue; by far the best of the expansion. In Denathrius we finally have a really good villain, who doesn’t spend his time telling us how we’re going to die and use lame cliches to explain the details. The final cutscene with him and Renathal reminds me a great deal, theme wise, of Adrian Veidt in Watchmen “Do it? I’m not a Republic serial villain Dan; I did it 45 minutes ago.”
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

The moment I came to Revendreth it was my favourite of the new zones. I would love for them to expand on this theme in this and/or future expansions.