Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

There is no way a Newbie can beat Torghast...kinda surprised.

NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

There is absolutely no way in hell other Newbies can clear it.
    Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Kinda surprised...Torghast really makes you "git gud or get boosted"

You're surprised someone can't do endgame content right when they hit 60?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Dude @det
    You sometimes are good to me...sometimes you hate on me...juts pick one...i have no idea how to feel about you.
    Feels pretty bad now

Torghast is a bit of an rng fest in what mobs you get and what powers. The place can be a breeze or very difficult. I was doing layer 3 of one zone and it was like doing lfr it was so easy, the other layer 3 I was near death constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ever-MMO-Champ

What happened to your good intentions?
    Holy hell the gauntlet has been thrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had any issues as a druid tank, but I can certainly imagine that new players would have significant difficulties. But then a new player would have difficulty holding their own in any sort of endgame content week one, so I think it's pretty much par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Torghast is a bit of an rng fest in what mobs you get and what powers. The place can be a breeze or very difficult. I was doing layer 3 of one zone and it was like doing lfr it was so easy, the other layer 3 I was near death constantly.
    It's RNG and it's not... If the player doesn't understand how their skills interact or what some of the boosts are doing, they still aren't going to make it through. These players will gain power through ilvl and be able to push further up the tower. But these aren't the players who were beating the mage tower or doing much more than dungeons and lfr/normal so it shouldn't be expected that they were going to be full clearing the towers weekly.

As a ilvl 140 fire mage, it didn't start getting real to me until level 3. But even then....I've done 6 levels now in Torghast, and haven't died yet, and haven't been in any real danger yet.

I FULLY clear each floor though to get the most possible benefit. I can easily see how people who think it's hard, do not do this, or try to speed clear and miss stuff.
    Last edited by ablib; 2020-11-30 at 04:57 PM.

I like Torghast so far. It's entertaining me well enough, even though it can be frustrating.

My only "issue" with it is that they funnel you into it really quickly, probably before a player should be. They should explain the content a bit better, and also indicate that you probably should try and gear up a bit before going in. This expansion does a surprisingly poor job of guiding the player after they run through the main story and start working on max level grinds.

It is because you try hard, not smart.
    It's about how creative you get with what you have rather than what OP powers you got. It's easy to straight up one shot bosses but level 3 only is as powerful as medium power/hp rare. I have seen people picking something which is OP, but has no synergy with anything else. Or not using any utility items which they can get from vendor, smoke bombs, pots as they are seen as weak.

Strange thing about Thorgast is that first time in you take all the fun AE spells just to find at the final boss you'd better have taken ST stuff. So next time you take all ST stuff and are a bit sad on the way up dealing with all the trash.

Torgast scales with ilvl, had issues at 177 ilvl, threw on greens and got down to 130... cake walk.

People who want to get good will get good. The others can stick to WQ, LFR and heroic dungeons if they aren't willing to learn something on their own.

I honestly don't know how to feel about torghast, I play elemental shaman ( a mid to low teir spec) and crushed torghast, meanwhile top teir specs are struggling in torghast, did shammy get good anima powers? or is scaling weird? I helped a friend on her windwalker and we struggled a bit, but no more then two deaths due to over pulling cause we were having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    NOT a complaint thread

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Ignoring that forever is only 113 days, One has to wonder why anyone believes that green newbies should expect to be able to beat Torghast solo.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I've done the layers I can so far, its been more or less a snoozefest. The last boss in layer 3 I had to pay attention somewhat, the rest was just a zerg.

Dunno if this really is considered hard, might depend on what class & spec? Nothing for me speaks that its been hard so far, and im not really that good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Might i ask why you would think a new player would be able to beat it on their own?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    NOT a complaint thread

----

If you have problems as a havoc demon hunter in Torghast and you have played WoW for some time then I must tell you that you are very bad at the game.
    And why on Earth should a completely new player in crap gear clear Torghast on his first run? If he has played any games before then he will perfectly well know, if he is a normal person, that games require a minimum of skill, experience and sometimes gear/power sources etc.
    So you should think better of your friend.

I think you are inventing a non-existing problem.
    But you are right that the hopelessly bad that refuse to get better will require a boost, but that doesn't mean that Torghast is difficult, it just means that they're bad and unwilling to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    If you have problems as a havoc demon hunter in Torghast and you have played WoW for some time then I must tell you that you are very bad at the game.
    Nope...the boss hit like a truck and i got majority of bad powers.

2 physical avoidance in Blade Dance
    1 physical immunity

Boss was a mage! Plot twist and famous last words.

around 150ish ilvl shadow priest. I've done 3rd level in the soul forge wing. So far it hasn't been super tough. Trash has been easy.

The final boss on layer 3 was actually fairly difficult though. He very nearly killed me a couple of times. If i hadn't had the power upgrades i had, i don't know if i would have been able to kill him on that run but so far i haven't died yet in torghast.

I've enjoyed it so far though