Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    All 3 of my characters did Torghast with 125-135 iLvL immediately upon hitting 60, and the results were mostly the same (blood DK, retribution paladin, balance druid). The only character that died was my paladin twice and that's solely because I was being super reckless at certain points.

It was slow going though, especially layer three on both my paladin and my druid (I'm most unfamiliar with these characters), but part of that was due to a bit of RNG with the powers that I happened to get on the hardest layer (go figure, lol). Basically on my balance druid I was all but forced into doing the root build and my damage sources were pretty sparse to say the least. Luckily, roots cheeses everything because it doesn't really put you in combat, but it does take you forever to kill things. My greatest fear was that it wouldn't work on the final boss, and it actually didn't (obeys PvP duration). Still managed to get a kill, albeit barely.

I can't really tell what the true difficulty will be, but for those claiming that it's a pushover, there absolutely is the potential that you just got lucky on the few runs you did. Rogue-likes are literally designed to have RNG to where you can just easily breeze through shit if you hit the right upgrades. The inverse is also true, and poor upgrades can make the difficulty way harder (but with good play, and thinking about what's given to you, you can usually get by).

People need to keep in mind the design intent of Torghast in general. The only thing you're wasting by going slow is your time, but you can also waste your time by rushing through and simply not having the upgrades to clear the final levels either. Finally it's the first week and the later difficulties and the hardest sections of Torghast aren't in the game yet. I believe there's a more challenging mode with 18 floors in it, where things like the death counter might come into play more.

For anybody having problems with Torghast, I'd literally just full clear floors before moving on and think about single target damage and what actually makes you better against bosses.

as arms warrior, first layer boss was easy as I am already used to hamstring slow an elite then move away and let the second wind heal you to full. Repeated it 2 times and he was down.

2nd layer boss, is getting buff over time and after 10 stacks is impossible to be kited or stunned. he killed me 2 times.
    I had to think and plan, use a pot, line up my die by the sword perfectly for 2 times.

engaged him >
    at around %90 used die by the sword for parry >
    my hp is about %40 i slow him down and start kiting (so glad that I had that maw speed buff) >
    engage again >
    he is at over 10 stacks now, impossible to kite >
    use pot >
    my hp %2 >
    use the second die by the sword >
    so glad again to pick condemn crit conduit. Finally he is dead and I am %2hp.

impossible a newbie with ilvl130 can do this. Gratz on blizzard to put up some challenge finally in the game.
    but they will nerf it after tons of qq I am sure.
    or people will complain about trash is a cakewalk and the boss is impossible blabla.

people absolutely need to gitgud and also have ilvl with this.

Some people are kinda missing the fucking point a new person to the game, not a new level 60.

But yeah, it becomes a little more knowing your class towards the end of Layer 3 but that’s about it. At best at least it’s good practice for new players to learn their class a bit better.

The eye boss does really hurt your pet. Couple of tricks with that.

1) Use a ferocity pet for leech
    2) Don't use the animal companion talent because it reduces your pet's individual damage (and thus its leech healing) by 35%
    3) Use a clefthoof for its +healing exotic ability
    4) (Obviously) keep mend pet up

That guy is tough for a BM hunter, so it must be a total nightmare for like awful solo classes like mages. They might not be able to beat it until they get much better gear.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2020-12-01 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The dupes stack, FYI. Doesn't help much if they're useless of course.
    From what i've seen, most stuff stacks. Had a run where i got 3 wallruns and just ran circles around the boss.

Scarab Lord
    I had like +200% damage while channeling convoke the spirits on my balance druid and dropped the last boss from 100% to 25% in 4 seconds lol.

To be fair, "as Havoc Demon Hunter" isn't saying much in Shadowlands considering we're a shell of what we used to be in Legion and BFA when it comes to solo capabilities and are competing with tanks on the DPS.

RNG is a thing. Layer 3 boss of Soul Forge as a Boomkin? Killed him in literally less than 20 seconds (RNG on my Convoke hit him with 3 Starsurges, and 2/3 of them crit). Synod in Upper Reaches? The bastard nearly killed me, took me about two minutes to take him out and I barely survived with 2k hp.

I fucked up that run from the start by taking Orbit Breaker, it is straight up worthless, especially when every floor has the -25% haste aura mob and your GCD is 1.78 seconds from that bloody haste debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Sirbeef...he already had this discussion with me and i replied to him.
    He decided to have round 2. And he will for sure want round 3 and 4 and 5.
    I just cant win.
    Ouuuu you got exposed. Temper tantrum about quitting the forms and you back. SIMPIN

Layer 1 and 2 are an absolute cakewalk. Layer 3 starts to get harder.

Yep, but its end game content and I dont expect a new player to roll through it. WoW is an overwhelming game that most of us have mastered. Give your friend a couple months and he'll be solo'ing it in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ever-MMO-Champ

What happened to your good intentions?
    holy fucking cringe
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    RNG is a thing. Layer 3 boss of Soul Forge as a Boomkin? Killed him in literally less than 20 seconds (RNG on my Convoke hit him with 3 Starsurges, and 2/3 of them crit). Synod in Upper Reaches? The bastard nearly killed me, took me about two minutes to take him out and I barely survived with 2k hp.

I fucked up that run from the start by taking Orbit Breaker, it is straight up worthless, especially when every floor has the -25% haste aura mob and your GCD is 1.78 seconds from that bloody haste debuff.
    How is Orbit Breaker useless? It's pretty good actually. And what does GCD have to do with it?

If you took the time to read you'd know "ticks" means the DoT ticks. You don't have to be constantly casting moonfires.
    My god...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Sirbeef...he already had this discussion with me and i replied to him.
    He decided to have round 2. And he will for sure want round 3 and 4 and 5.
    I just cant win.
    When you tell off the whole community you should be willing to reconcile your different faces more than once. I think the real Shadowpunk is the one that expressed how stupid and rotten everyone else is.

i would also like to know this @Shadoowpunk.

how close are you to a meltdown this time?

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    How is Orbit Breaker useless? It's pretty good actually. And what does GCD have to do with it?

If you took the time to read you'd know "ticks" means the DoT ticks. You don't have to be constantly casting moonfires.
    My god...
    Context is important, in the context of the layer and floor I was on it was an objectively terrible choice to take. Do I also need to explain to you how a 1.78 second GCD slows down how quickly I can apply Moonfire to multiple targets too? Or the fact that 1 Full Moon every 40 seconds on a single-target fight like Synod, which requires high burst dps, is also bad?

In order to get more than 1-2 Full Moons per minute you need to be applying Moonfire to multiple targets, this is where it really falls apart. You don't get to control which target it hits, but if you want more hits from it you need to be applying Moonfire to as many targets as possible.

Frankly I would prefer it be a flat 5-10% chance to proc per moonfire tick, because it would eliminate scenarios in which you have it wasted by it dropping on low-priority targets and it wouldn't be so massive devalued in single-target situations.

Orbit Breaker seemed like a good idea, then once the reality of it hit me I realized just how badly I'd screwed myself by picking it over Draught of Midday Calm.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-12-02 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

My favorite Torghast trick so far (not super relevant just kinda funny): today I had the affix where the add shows up and attacks you when you're out of combat. So I figured out how to never be out of combat. Drop my ox statue near one of those rats, it takes the rat several minutes to kill it. By then you have mostly likely found another rat and replaced the statue anyway (at which point the poor rat that was fighting the last statue comes charging up at you from 200 yards away lol.

Voila! No out of combat adds.

I think everyone saying it's hard/easy should post: their experience level with the game in general, their class/spec, and their ilvl. Ideally what anima powers they got too but I understand that's probably not feasible.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Damn, thats a powermove if I ever saw one.

But yeah, thorgast is doable. I've talked with a few people in the thorgast general chat, exchanging tips, answering questions, seen people who are there on their 5th attempt, and finally succeeding.
    It's pretty much 'git gud', as you get infinite tries.

My experiences were on Enhancement and Warlock.
    Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
    AMD 5700xt GPU
    Aorus ELITE Gaming Motherboard
    Dark Rock 4 Cooler
    Meshify C Case
    750W A+ Corsair Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Some people are kinda missing the fucking point a new person to the game, not a new level 60.

But yeah, it becomes a little more knowing your class towards the end of Layer 3 but that’s about it. At best at least it’s good practice for new players to learn their class a bit better.
    well, most new people suck at games they play. they aren't going to learn anything if torghast just gets nerfed to make it easier for them.