Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had like +200% damage while channeling convoke the spirits on my balance druid and dropped the last boss from 100% to 25% in 4 seconds lol.

To be fair, "as Havoc Demon Hunter" isn't saying much in Shadowlands considering we're a shell of what we used to be in Legion and BFA when it comes to solo capabilities and are competing with tanks on the DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is a thing. Layer 3 boss of Soul Forge as a Boomkin? Killed him in literally less than 20 seconds (RNG on my Convoke hit him with 3 Starsurges, and 2/3 of them crit). Synod in Upper Reaches? The bastard nearly killed me, took me about two minutes to take him out and I barely survived with 2k hp.

I fucked up that run from the start by taking Orbit Breaker, it is straight up worthless, especially when every floor has the -25% haste aura mob and your GCD is 1.78 seconds from that bloody haste debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Sirbeef...he already had this discussion with me and i replied to him.
    He decided to have round 2. And he will for sure want round 3 and 4 and 5.
    I just cant win.
    Ouuuu you got exposed. Temper tantrum about quitting the forms and you back. SIMPIN

Layer 1 and 2 are an absolute cakewalk. Layer 3 starts to get harder.

Yep, but its end game content and I dont expect a new player to roll through it. WoW is an overwhelming game that most of us have mastered. Give your friend a couple months and he'll be solo'ing it in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ever-MMO-Champ

What happened to your good intentions?
    holy fucking cringe
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    RNG is a thing. Layer 3 boss of Soul Forge as a Boomkin? Killed him in literally less than 20 seconds (RNG on my Convoke hit him with 3 Starsurges, and 2/3 of them crit). Synod in Upper Reaches? The bastard nearly killed me, took me about two minutes to take him out and I barely survived with 2k hp.

I fucked up that run from the start by taking Orbit Breaker, it is straight up worthless, especially when every floor has the -25% haste aura mob and your GCD is 1.78 seconds from that bloody haste debuff.
    How is Orbit Breaker useless? It's pretty good actually. And what does GCD have to do with it?

If you took the time to read you'd know "ticks" means the DoT ticks. You don't have to be constantly casting moonfires.
    My god...

Sirbeef...he already had this discussion with me and i replied to him.
    He decided to have round 2. And he will for sure want round 3 and 4 and 5.
    I just cant win.
    When you tell off the whole community you should be willing to reconcile your different faces more than once. I think the real Shadowpunk is the one that expressed how stupid and rotten everyone else is.

10+ Year Old Account

i would also like to know this @Shadoowpunk.

how close are you to a meltdown this time?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    How is Orbit Breaker useless? It's pretty good actually. And what does GCD have to do with it?

If you took the time to read you'd know "ticks" means the DoT ticks. You don't have to be constantly casting moonfires.
    My god...
    Context is important, in the context of the layer and floor I was on it was an objectively terrible choice to take. Do I also need to explain to you how a 1.78 second GCD slows down how quickly I can apply Moonfire to multiple targets too? Or the fact that 1 Full Moon every 40 seconds on a single-target fight like Synod, which requires high burst dps, is also bad?

In order to get more than 1-2 Full Moons per minute you need to be applying Moonfire to multiple targets, this is where it really falls apart. You don't get to control which target it hits, but if you want more hits from it you need to be applying Moonfire to as many targets as possible.

Frankly I would prefer it be a flat 5-10% chance to proc per moonfire tick, because it would eliminate scenarios in which you have it wasted by it dropping on low-priority targets and it wouldn't be so massive devalued in single-target situations.

Orbit Breaker seemed like a good idea, then once the reality of it hit me I realized just how badly I'd screwed myself by picking it over Draught of Midday Calm.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-12-02 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I think everyone saying it's hard/easy should post: their experience level with the game in general, their class/spec, and their ilvl. Ideally what anima powers they got too but I understand that's probably not feasible.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Damn, thats a powermove if I ever saw one.

But yeah, thorgast is doable. I've talked with a few people in the thorgast general chat, exchanging tips, answering questions, seen people who are there on their 5th attempt, and finally succeeding.
    It's pretty much 'git gud', as you get infinite tries.

My experiences were on Enhancement and Warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Some people are kinda missing the fucking point a new person to the game, not a new level 60.

But yeah, it becomes a little more knowing your class towards the end of Layer 3 but that’s about it. At best at least it’s good practice for new players to learn their class a bit better.
    well, most new people suck at games they play. they aren't going to learn anything if torghast just gets nerfed to make it easier for them.

NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

There is absolutely no way in hell other Newbies can clear it.
    Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Kinda surprised...Torghast really makes you "git gud or get boosted"
    Im enjoying it. I hope they keep the difficulty.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    NOT a complaint thread
    I just think is funny and maybe worth discussing

I have a friend who plays WoW who is a casual newbie player...long story short...i have to boost him on torghast.

There is absolutely no way in hell other Newbies can clear it.
    Just the other day...i, Shadowpunk (best player EU kappa), almost had a heart attack on last boss of the 3rd section...as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    I only got physical avoidance on my abilities........and the boss ended up being a mage with insane cast damage.

And no matter what you do...dont go as a party of 2 DPS'ers without any hybrid healing class...the boss scales up and hits like a truck sometimes.

----

Kinda surprised...Torghast really makes you "git gud or get boosted"
    this must be some sort of joke thread. There is literally no challenge to torghast atm and its even easier if youre alone

as Havoc Demon Hunter!!!!!
    So? This isn't BfA. Havoc Demon Hunters are lying in a ditch with a good chunk of their already small toolset being irrelevant and inconsequential to their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There are some things I didn't notice/realize the first time through, like that you can kill all the urns and get tons of extra anima, or the puzzle boxes. Today I was a lot more thorough going through the instance and I got to the last boss with 20 something anima powers, 30 something souls, and 1200 phantasma that I couldn't even spend because I had cleaned out the broker.

I think that's part of why it felt so much easier this time.
    ye ... this too - but you have videos on youtube of people farming those instance in 5 minutes by only obtaining madatory powers (end of deungeon mini-boss) while skipping all mobs and facerolling endboss.

its git gud and get gear issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    as arms warrior, first layer boss was easy as I am already used to hamstring slow an elite then move away and let the second wind heal you to full. Repeated it 2 times and he was down.

2nd layer boss, is getting buff over time and after 10 stacks is impossible to be kited or stunned. he killed me 2 times.
    I had to think and plan, use a pot, line up my die by the sword perfectly for 2 times.

engaged him >
    at around %90 used die by the sword for parry >
    my hp is about %40 i slow him down and start kiting (so glad that I had that maw speed buff) >
    engage again >
    he is at over 10 stacks now, impossible to kite >
    use pot >
    my hp %2 >
    use the second die by the sword >
    so glad again to pick condemn crit conduit. Finally he is dead and I am %2hp.

impossible a newbie with ilvl130 can do this. Gratz on blizzard to put up some challenge finally in the game.
    but they will nerf it after tons of qq I am sure.
    or people will complain about trash is a cakewalk and the boss is impossible blabla.

people absolutely need to gitgud and also have ilvl with this.
    newbie is not supposed to do it at 130

newbie is supposed to do it in like 200 itlv gear in 3 months time.

think and guess how your run would look like if you have 200 itlv while having all conduits and level 4 legendary from dungeons/raids and from farmin ash on L2 for 3 months. - how dmg/defence multiplayers would look like then

i really cant wait for whining this reset "even though i facerolled L3 i cant clear L5-6 this week - nurf blizzard nurf"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    To be fair, "as Havoc Demon Hunter" isn't saying much in Shadowlands considering we're a shell of what we used to be in Legion and BFA when it comes to solo capabilities and are competing with tanks on the DPS.
    Havoc is utter garbage atm

now if he said Vengence DH - thats entirerly different story :P
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-02 at 08:31 AM.

I find Torghast fun, but I feel like 3/4 of my abilities are the generic secondary stat increase or something that synergizes with Door of Shadows. Don't know if that's just me or if every Venthyr has this problem.

The only difficult part seems to be last boss. Playing as Veng DH all trash is easy. 1st and 2nd bosses die in almost one Kyrian Sigil spell, same with all trash.
    Of last bosses first one was the eye, one wrong interrupt meant losing 80% hp. Was really close to dying. Since interrupting normal spell meant can't interrupt the beam.
    Second one was Synod that's full melee. Was a lot easier but takes really long, had to use all cooldowns to get enough self healing. Wonder how would Havoc deal with it at all, even Layer 2 Synod was already difficult with Havoc.