Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Torghast is not meant for freshly 60 new players tho. Those players should group up and explore together.
    That is wrong. Torghast is meant for solo and groups hence why it scales for 1-5. To say it is not meant for solo players is go completely against what Blizzard has stated.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is wrong. Torghast is meant for solo and groups hence why it scales for 1-5. To say it is not meant for solo players is go completely against what Blizzard has stated.
    Well, he is saying "Freshly 60", so people in quest gear, but i doubt grouping will help them much, with all the "Scaling for groups is very steep"-posts on here.

Only thing to do is gear up a bit and then try, and hope RNG is favourable with the available anima powers then.

The biggest issue with Torghast is that rogue-likes aren't for everybody, but everybody is forced into the place for legendaries (which are less optional than some people would like to admit), and that's causing friction now.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, he is saying "Freshly 60", so people in quest gear, but i doubt grouping will help them much, with all the "Scaling for groups is very steep"-posts on here.

Only thing to do is gear up a bit and then try, and hope RNG is favourable with the available anima powers then.

The biggest issue with Torghast is that rogue-likes aren't for everybody, but everybody is forced into the place for legendaries (which are less optional than some people would like to admit), and that's causing friction now.
    If you can't clear all floors in Torghast then you can just clear the first floors. This won't stop anyone from getting a legendary, just delay it for some weeks.
    Even the worst player will eventually get a legendary this way.
    And Wow is, and has always been, full of "forced" content if you want to be as powerful as you can be.

they didnt state that is doable by every solo players at 130 itlv gear didnt they ?

That is a very good thing.
    Bad players should not be able to do challenging content.
    Torghast is one of the few things in this xpack that makes me try retail again after almost 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

Doesnt the scaling in Torgast make better gear a detriment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That is a very good thing.
    Bad players should not be able to do challenging content.
    Torghast is one of the few things in this xpack that makes me try retail again after almost 5 years.
    Torghast isnt challenging. Its RNG.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You won't beat it even with best luck if you are bad tho.
    That is how dungeon crawlers/roguelikes work and personally i love it.

yeah, people love torghast, that's what i was afraid of
    solo dungeons are def coming

rip mmo aspects of the game =(
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2020-12-02 at 10:07 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I knew nothing of Torghast aside from rudimentary details and completed all 3 layers from both wings at 145

It's not difficult...
    do not underestimate the level some players are at,remember mop? THAUSANDS of people were stuck in normal dungeons because they couldnt do silver proving grounds....let that sink in for a second

Once you start figuring out which traits are better for your spec/playstyle it get's a bunch easier.

Like as a resto druid i kept taking the ones that gave Entangling roots a dot component and an aoe explosion on them ending. Turns out they aren't that great (even with the trait that lets roots take more damage before breaking) and that the trait that buffs your dots when they're on a single target are (especially with feral affinity.) And then you pick up the one that spreads your dots to a new target on death, it played out more enjoyably. And get the one that gives you all the affinities (15 yrd melee range!) Especially with all the corners to hide around after dotting up targets.

Kill everything, break all the vases, loot all the chests and it's a cakewalk to do. The only class that could really complain about Torghast are mages, being the only class without a self heal or a way to spec into steady constant healing.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-12-02 at 10:14 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    /shrug. There is no cost and you can do it as much as you like. I don't complain when I get crap items in Binding of Isaac, I just give it a damn good go with what I have or reset the run.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    do not underestimate the level some players are at,remember mop? THAUSANDS of people were stuck in normal dungeons because they couldnt do silver proving grounds....let that sink in for a second
    There is an average skill level, and half the players are under it. Instead of spoon feeding, Blizz should be encouraging people to get better.
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2020-12-02 at 10:16 AM.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I remember that.
    It was hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    I completed the wings last week using normal gear. I did a speed run through Torghast bypassing all the souls and only killing what I had to to get to the end as a test and yeah, it took me all my tries and I had to use all my abilities that I was given in it but I did beat the last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Context is important, in the context of the layer and floor I was on it was an objectively terrible choice to take. Do I also need to explain to you how a 1.78 second GCD slows down how quickly I can apply Moonfire to multiple targets too? Or the fact that 1 Full Moon every 40 seconds on a single-target fight like Synod, which requires high burst dps, is also bad?

In order to get more than 1-2 Full Moons per minute you need to be applying Moonfire to multiple targets, this is where it really falls apart. You don't get to control which target it hits, but if you want more hits from it you need to be applying Moonfire to as many targets as possible.

Frankly I would prefer it be a flat 5-10% chance to proc per moonfire tick, because it would eliminate scenarios in which you have it wasted by it dropping on low-priority targets and it wouldn't be so massive devalued in single-target situations.

Orbit Breaker seemed like a good idea, then once the reality of it hit me I realized just how badly I'd screwed myself by picking it over Draught of Midday Calm.
    Draught is infinitely better on ONE target, yes, but that is basically the end boss only.
    Orbit Breaker does pretty good damage throughout the run and all you have to do is take Twin Moons for it.

Granted, I don't do 3 hour Torghast runs killing mobs one by one.
    I usually pull pretty big and kite and dot everything up. This can easily be done solo (I'm 153 on my druid) and yields a much better experience.

Out of all the dogshit powers a Balance druid can get during a run, Orbit Breaker is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    /shrug. There is no cost and you can do it as much as you like. I don't complain when I get crap items in Binding of Isaac, I just give it a damn good go with what I have or reset the run.

There is an average skill level, and half the players are under it. Instead of spoon feeding, Blizz should be encouraging people to get better.
    I agree with that sentiment in theory,but in reality it created a bottleneck of pure horror,i remember on alts queing for normal dungeons and we LITERALY couldnt complete the dungeon because people were zombie level braindead,meanwile in hc things just got stomped....it created a rly weird situation of a lower difficulty being far more difficult to complete than a harder one

Ding 60, spend about 10-15k on 151 blues on the AH with your BiS stats and you can do wing 3. That's what I did as sub rogue and shadow priest but priest was much easier obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Might i ask why you would think a new player would be able to beat it on their own?
    Cause its super easy nothing can kill you and a snoozefest

Quote Originally Posted by Sciborg View Post
    Ding 60, spend about 10-15k on 151 blues on the AH with your BiS stats and you can do wing 3. That's what I did as sub rogue and shadow priest but priest was much easier obviously.
    It depends a lot, I did it as 130 ilvl priest and if you get the fade build, it's impossible to fail. As mage, if you get at least 1 invisibility power, you win. Bad rng on powers can fuck with you, but can be offset with ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Cause its super easy nothing can kill you and a snoozefest
    it's definitely not super easy for a new player who's probably stuck in greens and does not know how to play their chosen class.

Formerly known as Arafal

I meant.. maby not go in at below 80-110 ilvl,get some gear first

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz