How is the M1 MacBook Air for WoW raiding?

Here is a video of non-raid content. Just great on setting 10 as you can see. Anyone try raiding with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

No, I dont play on a laptop or apple because im not an ape

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    No, I dont play on a laptop or apple because im not an ape
    very mature response.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is that it would play just fine, however looking at some videos online it seems like it might have to run at low settings to get constant framerates. I have no idea as i dont own one yet and im kinda waiting a bit before pulling the trigger just to see how the whole ARM transition plays out.

That being said the video is kinda bad, he should have used BFA zones to display the capabilities as they are more intensive to run. That being said there is an issue with Vsync where it cant be disabled so we dont really know what performance he's getting without pushing the settings.
    Last edited by Zeanix; 2020-11-30 at 06:08 PM.

I would imagine raiding would be fine on that system. Maybe use lower settings when raiding. However, on a fanless ultrabook I'd be more concerned about heat. I didn't watch the whole video through so did he address heating on long gaming sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    I would imagine raiding would be fine on that system. Maybe use lower settings when raiding. However, on a fanless ultrabook I'd be more concerned about heat. I didn't watch the whole video through so did he address heating on long gaming sessions?
    It is said the M1 chipset is deisgned so that it really doesn't overheat at all, and at one point he mentioned his macbook was never getting hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, realize this is a MacBook Air with graphics settings on 10, not even getting hot running around the world and in town at 60 fps.

If you do to 2:30 in the video, he fights a world boss in Icecrown and fps drops to 30-40, but again this is at graphics 10 on an $899 laptop.
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Shadows/Liquids/Sunshaft at LOW, drawdistance pulled back, WoW runs on many other low powered notebooks aswell.

30fps with just players around you means it will drop in a real raid encounter to sub 15 or even single digit fps.

Thats much worse as I thought for a fully native game for the CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do to 2:30 in the video, he fights a world boss in Icecrown and fps drops to 30-40, but again this is at graphics 10 on an $899 laptop.
    With graphics at 5 and with impactfull sliders pulled way back from 5.

Thats a full native compiled game for this CPU.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

At 5 and max resolution i was getting 60 in doors on the pro, but i only played a few minutes because i didnt wanna set up my ui.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    very based response.
    Yes. Yes it is.

still, good enough for the hearthstone =)