How is the M1 MacBook Air for WoW raiding?

Here is a video of non-raid content. Just great on setting 10 as you can see. Anyone try raiding with this?

TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

No, I dont play on a laptop or apple because im not an ape

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine raiding would be fine on that system. Maybe use lower settings when raiding. However, on a fanless ultrabook I'd be more concerned about heat. I didn't watch the whole video through so did he address heating on long gaming sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    I would imagine raiding would be fine on that system. Maybe use lower settings when raiding. However, on a fanless ultrabook I'd be more concerned about heat. I didn't watch the whole video through so did he address heating on long gaming sessions?
    It is said the M1 chipset is deisgned so that it really doesn't overheat at all, and at one point he mentioned his macbook was never getting hot.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, realize this is a MacBook Air with graphics settings on 10, not even getting hot running around the world and in town at 60 fps.

If you do to 2:30 in the video, he fights a world boss in Icecrown and fps drops to 30-40, but again this is at graphics 10 on an $899 laptop.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Shadows/Liquids/Sunshaft at LOW, drawdistance pulled back, WoW runs on many other low powered notebooks aswell.

30fps with just players around you means it will drop in a real raid encounter to sub 15 or even single digit fps.

Thats much worse as I thought for a fully native game for the CPU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If you do to 2:30 in the video, he fights a world boss in Icecrown and fps drops to 30-40, but again this is at graphics 10 on an $899 laptop.
    With graphics at 5 and with impactfull sliders pulled way back from 5.

Thats a full native compiled game for this CPU.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    At 5 and max resolution i was getting 60 in doors on the pro, but i only played a few minutes because i didnt wanna set up my ui.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    very based response.
    Yes. Yes it is.

still, good enough for the hearthstone =)

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    No, I dont play on a laptop or apple because im not an ape
    No one thinks you're cool. You just sound like an idiot.

Please do not necro posts or insult people
    Last edited by chazus; 2023-09-22 at 04:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've done it before when I've been too lazy to get up off the couch or bed to sit at my desk. It's definitely possible and kinda comfy, but I would have the raid settings low just in case (generally around 4/10 or lower). Sometimes there will be a boss like Tarragrue that can obliterate your FPS if your settings aren't set up properly. Keep in mind that if you make the settings too low, there are some raid mechanics and swirlies that won't be visible for you. You can also, if it comes to it, lower the resolution for an boost in FPS (as I'm sure you're aware, the resolution on Macbook screens is by default extremely high, which is what gives them such detail and sharpness).

Apple has a justifiably bad gamer reputation, but imo the game runs fine and it's cozy when doing casual content.

As with most Macs, you can play games but it's not ideal

A windows pc/laptop is always going to perform better but if you need a mac for work etc and want to know if you can play WoW on it - yes, you'll be okay

10+ Year Old Account
    CLosing this as its years old
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab