Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Cats movie.
    I knew it was bad, went to cinema with friends for kicks. Because with friends you can endure everything, right?
    No, this movie is giving me nightmares up to this day...
    I cannot unsee Gandalf in a cat suit...
    Last edited by oderon; 2021-06-04 at 02:56 PM.

Most disappointing TV show was probably Mandalorian. It's not a terrible show or anything, but it really didn't live up to the hype for me, especially as a long time Star Wars fan.

Maybe it's because I'm not much of a western fan and Mandalorian has a very western feel to it.

In comparison, I much prefer the Clone Wars series and even The Bad Batch that I frankly had very low expectations for in the first place but proved to be a pleasant surprise.

As far as movies are concerned, I rather liked Star Wars episode 7, even if it was basically just a repeat of episode 4. Granted, the movie itself was by no means fantastic, yet I felt that it made a great baseline for the remaining 2 movies. Unfortunately that just made the disappointment of episode 8 and 9 even greater.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This. A movie so bad it poisoned the entire franchise itself
    Walking out of TLJ, I felt like I did walking out of terminator 3 all those years ago. That the magic was gone. Terminator never found its footing again, and short of the mandalorian, neither has Star Wars
    Sometimes, the damage can be done and that’s that
    For me, the Mandalorian went a long way to repairing the damage that I felt was done beginning with the Phantom Menace. The way that 2nd season ended had me feeling that we can have a decent continuity following RotJ.

5+ Year Old Account
    i didn't mean it as a compliment. It was kinda more of an insult to it. Because it deconstructs it, and fails to put the pieces back together in anyway so all you're left with is a film that breaks the entire lore of SW and tarnishes the entire saga, IMO.

to properly deconstruct and re-assemble the saga, you have to first know it up and down and understand it at the deepest levels and TLJ does not do any of that. it's a SW film for people who hate SW
    Ahh okay. Totally agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would describe TLJ as a star wars film for people who hate or don't get SW. SW fans will hate it because it literally takes a dump on the lore, the franchise, and everything beforehand.

People who dislike SW tho, love it because it isn't SW and deconstructs the entire saga.

TFA at least felt like a star wars movie, where as TLJ did not. It was so bad it made me nostalgic for those awful prequels, which are all 3 (including the awful part 2) vastly better than TLJ.

TLJ is only comparable to films like Terminator 3, jaws 3d, rocky 5, indiana jones 4.... and other films so bad that they literally killed the franchise overnight. Star wars will never regain the ground it had PRIOR to TLJ launching. Let that sink in before you argue it was a "good" film. It literally damaged the entire franchise it was so bad.
    This is just lazy, you're presenting opinions as fact and labeling people who disagree as "people who hate or don't get SW". I'm not really interested in the poor quality of discussion that would follow such blatant fandom gate keeping, and yet I'm dumb enough to continue...

If you want to hate the movie fine, I still don't understand the free passes that Force Awakens and the shitty 3rd movie get. How much more can you dump on the lore than to completely invalidate all of it, by having the empire just spring up again under a different name and Palpatine not even be dead. What even was the point of the trilogy if everything that ever happened counts for nothing? Those JJ movies were just the old ones repackaged and shown again without any spark of life or creativity, just soulless wastes of time that sliced open the corpse of Star Wars like some unfortunate tauntaun and hid inside rather than trying anything interesting or original.
    /s

you can dump a lot of anime into that bin of "started off promising but oh god make it stop".

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This is just lazy, you're presenting opinions as fact and labeling people who disagree as "people who hate or don't get SW". I'm not really interested in the poor quality of discussion that would follow such blatant fandom gate keeping, and yet I'm dumb enough to continue...

If you want to hate the movie fine, I still don't understand the free passes that Force Awakens and the shitty 3rd movie get. How much more can you dump on the lore than to completely invalidate all of it, by having the empire just spring up again under a different name and Palpatine not even be dead. What even was the point of the trilogy if everything that ever happened counts for nothing? Those JJ movies were just the old ones repackaged and shown again without any spark of life or creativity, just soulless wastes of time that sliced open the corpse of Star Wars like some unfortunate tauntaun and hid inside rather than trying anything interesting or original.
    Episode 7, while a bit of a retread, was still fun and felt like Star Wars.

And I didn’t stand up for episode 9. It’s equally as bad as TLJ but in a completely different, nonsensical way. It sucks because I like the main actors and felt they deserved better than disney just throwing it together without a plan

Quote Originally Posted by oderon View Post
    The Cats movie.
    I knew it was bad, went to cinema with friends for kicks. Because with friends you can endure everything, right?
    No, this movie is giving me nightmares up to this day...
    I cannot unsee Gandalf in a cat suit...
    I saw Cats off broadway when I was a kid, loved it. Even got to go backstage and get made up as Rum-Tum Tugger's kid. I absolutely refused to see this movie because I knew it was gonna be awful.

Took looking through other people's comments to think of it, but definitely The Last Airbender. I had expected, even if the story flopped predictably from trying to cram a season into a single movie and other bad decisions, at least watching live action bending would be cool. Instead we got...

TEN GUYS LIFT ROCK WITH A DANCE ROUTINE ONE OF THEM PROBABLY COULD'VE JUST PICKED UP AND THROWN. I was dumbstruck.

I always think to the Ember Island Players episode for contrast, where even in a play where all the bending is fake, A:TLA makes fun and creative fight sequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    GoT Season 8. For sure.

I've never had the last season of a series make me regret buying the first season on DVD. lol
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - I expected so much from a new trilogy, and it was nothing but the first of a threefold kick to the groin.

Breaking Bad - everyone was/is raving about the brilliance of it, and I honestly just found it boring to the extreme.

Star Trek: Picard - finally, I thought, they're going to get back to the roots of modern Trek and make it all right. Boy was I wrong. So, so wrong. This just isn't ST. The only thing worse is...

Star Trek: Discovery - a new Trek series? Oh wait, it's actually Trek in name only, and instead it's some weird SciFi abomination that spits on the legacy of ST.

I sincerely hope not to be adding the Dune TV series to that list after it comes out...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Force awakens didn't do much for me, but I could watch it. The Last Jedi was such a fucking abomination of a bad movie that I haven't seen,played or bought anything Star Wars related since. The movie literally did nothing right and was just a giant steaming pile of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions for sure. Total garbage sequels to a groundbreaking classic.

The last most dissappointing thing I saw was The Rise of Skywalker. It started off shit and remained shit and ended shit. At least there were moments in The Last Jedi that I enjoyed (dont get me wrong, some dodgy moments too), but there was almost nothing in TROS that I liked.

7+ Year Old Account
    TV : The last 5 or so seasons of GoT
    Movies : The 3 LoTR movies

Recently Mortal Kombat.

There were such cool ideas on the internet for years for remakes for it and they went about the laziest and dumbest route possible.

"9"

This trailer still gets me so amped. Looked like it was gonna be some Burton-ish post apocalyptic epic, and it was just a too small, too slow going story.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Star Trek: Picard - finally, I thought, they're going to get back to the roots of modern Trek and make it all right. Boy was I wrong. So, so wrong. This just isn't ST. The only thing worse is...

Star Trek: Discovery - a new Trek series? Oh wait, it's actually Trek in name only, and instead it's some weird SciFi abomination that spits on the legacy of ST.
    Funny I’d reverse that. Picard I had high expectations, and I found it to be a mess, moreso that even Discovery. Great to see some old characters back but overall the nostalgia didn’t help enough.

Now I will say that I fully expected Lower Decks to be on the list when I gave it a shot, but damn if the show didn’t grow on me. Certainly has its problems but I’d say of the three new Trek outings it attempts to be most faithful to the source material.

5+ Year Old Account

Street Fighter (1994)

It wasn't the actors.
    I love the actors: Ming-Na Wen, Raul Julia, Jean-Claude Van Damme.

This is what happens when you try to put in too many things all at once.
    They tried to fit in every single Street Fighter character into the movie which just did not work at all.

They ruined my childhood with this.
    Part of my childhood was forever ruined.

And we still haven't gotten a worthy Street Fighter movie and I don't think there ever will be a worthy Street Fighter movie.
    (am not going to even mention Kristin Kreuk's version.)

But I did like that they each did the Street Fighter Character pose at the end.
    That was the only highlight of the movie: was the end, this shot lol.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-06-05 at 07:47 PM.

Way back in the day I was really excited to see a new movie.
    I had pretty high expectations.
    It was going to be bitchen'!
    It was going to be cool!
    It was destined to be the Citizen Kane of Werewolves Fightin' Vampires flicks!

It was Underworld.
    Blargh.
    Ok, I've probably seen worse movies. I've seen worse movies by Len Wisemen!
    But it really does punch you in the face with its blandness.

I'm gonna give it a little thought and say..

Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Not that it was the worst movie I've ever seen. Just that I had fairly high expectations going into it based on both the first one(which I thought was great) and the reviews I'd heard about it and I felt it was pretty terrible for an mcu movie.