Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What is the most disappointing TV show/Movie you have ever watched?

What show or movie were you expecting so much more from?

I would say
    EastEnders - everyone raved about it but didn't live up to expectations

inb4 Game of Thrones season 8. It'll never be okay.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Sword of Truth (Legend of the seeker)
    Shannara

Probably have lots more when thinking about it, but they popped up right away
    Last edited by Kreuger; 2020-11-30 at 08:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Office. I tried watching it, and couldn't make it through the first episode, it was so boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you already posted this question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

The "Librarians."
    Was given the first season. I endured the first episode...tried the 2nd episode and could only watch 10mins before nausea set in. Rebecca Romijn was hot back in her X-Men days...and those days are clearly long gone. The writing is incredibly stupid, the reason for assembling the cast was worse than lame...the villain, some wannabe Halle Berry carries a sword and clearly doesn't know anything about fighting with it, and leads a bunch of fat minions wearing black jumpsuits wielding knives...(maybe they hate firearms) fighting the cast of good guys and losing badly. (That's what you get from "Minions R Us" I guess)

The show reminded me of shows that came on the TV after Saturday morning cartoons in the late 70s. Except this had nothing going for it.

I'd say The Walking Dead.

The premise is neat and S1 was off to a good start but it quickly declined in quality in S2 and pretty much got worse and worse with each season. My closest IRL friend fell off the wagon in S3 and against my better judgment I kept watching until the bit just before Negan got introduced and I was just done with the show at that point. The spinoff was pretty much more of the same.

Thing is you could make a great post-apocalyptic show but the writing was offensively stupid in terms of HOW characters ended up in tricky situations and the characters themselves were just never interestingly written. It was almost soap opera level writing of how a 'good' character would have some near death or revelation type moment only to go down a dark road and eventually be killed off or turned bad.

Part of me was in the mood to rewatch the show a while back because I do like the zombie/post-apocalyptic stuff, but I just can't since the show is 80% people walking and talking in the woods. And it's not super engaging unfortunately, even though it could have been. (Heck, one of my favorite shows ever is Lost and it has a lot of scenes of people talking about how to survive etc but its just more engaging and better done IMO)

The first thing that comes to mind is David Lynch's Mulholland Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy00 View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is David Lynch's Mulholland Drive.
    God that was horrible...

So hyped everywhere. But that film is just complete and utter nonsense and pretentious as fuck....

I never met one person who could actually tell what is going on and i doubt Lynch knows it.
    People praised it because they did not want to look stupid. And i don't think anyone could ever convince me otherwise.

Rise of the Skywalker. As a huge SW fan at the end of this movie I was in denial for how bad this movie was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the Hobbit trilogy even though Smaug was incredible, easily the highlight of trash movies.

I loved the book and I was obsessed with LotR movies for a long time. Watching the extended editions together with most of the behind the scenes stuff regularly on weekends. I was so disappointed after the years of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'd say The Walking Dead.

The premise is neat and S1 was off to a good start but it quickly declined in quality in S2 and pretty much got worse and worse with each season.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Sword of Truth (Legend of the seeker)
    Shannara

Probably have lots more when thinking about it, but they popped up right away
    Oh god I blocked those from my memory. For movies I'd go with:
    - Battlefield Earth
    - Wing Commander
    - Joker

TV Shows:
    - The Crow
    - Mortal Kombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any movie that turns out to be a dream.

Way to cheapen my experience and to solve an impossible problem just by fucking annihilating the entire cosmos you have established so far. Makes me so damn disappointed.

Twin Peaks: The Return

Mad Men. I'd heard and read so much praise for it and when I finally got around to playing L.A Noire I read that it had a lot of the cast in it, finally tried the show out and it was the most boring thing I've ever encountered. yet it's constantly being compared to Breaking Bad, Suits and other stuff I've enjoyed

Batwoman, I'm so sad it got cancelled...

lol!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Last Air Bender. Loved the animated series went to the show opening night and half the theatre left early. I have never left a show early but I was tempted.

The only time there was bending similar to the show was the big wave scene but even that they messed up with his weird dance that didn't match the bending and just lowering it without even pushing the ships away...

Filled with bad acting, bad story writing and even getting the main characters name is wrong Ong instead of Aang. Some scenes still make me laugh like 5 earth benders dancing to lift a small rock for another one to push into the fire benders, then right after by lifting his arms raises a fuckin rock wall the size of a boulder.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It would have to be Rise of Skywalker.

I've been to bad movies, but either I knew what I was getting into or you could tell quickly from lack of budget what kind of movie you were going to deal with.

Rise of Skywalker is by far the biggest budget movie that misfired on all cylinders. The dumbest movie I've seen in memory. My wife will testify that I face-palmed during the movie at least 4 times...I've never face-palmed at a movie before.

Now, with that said, I haven't seen Cats...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I feel like I did this before, but I just ruined my lunch and could use a rant...

Lots to chose from, but I'll go with Handsome Siblings on Netflix.

The premise is solid, the settings are beautiful, the costumes are wonderful, and there was some good wire fu.

But...

One of the titular siblings is supposed to be a charming misfit, but winds up being a stupid asshole. The other is presented as a stoic warrior with a strong moral compass, but winds up being a stupid asshole. Both are powerful warriors blessed with knowledge of forbidden techniques... and the physiques of prepubescent boys. Hard to suspend disbelief when these waifs look like they could barely hold a weapon, much less swing one about.

A heroine I wanted to root for went from "I'll kill you!" to "I'm going to kill myself!" to "I'm going to kill you, then kill myself!" to "I'm going to kill you after I kill myself!".

Too many filler side quests that didn't add much to the overall arc, with one involving a switcharoo so stupid, I got a facepalm concussion.

Most of the side characters sucked, and seemed to only exist to be shipped with other side characters that also sucked.

The few characters that were actually good, barely got any screen time.

One of the best characters is sidelined for way too many episodes, and doesn't get enough to do when they finally do show up.

One of the worst characters is given way too much importance.

A character I'm supposed to care about shows up late into the series and barely does anything.

Villains hardly get any comeuppance.

44 episodes, and the ending still felt rushed and unsatisfying.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2021-03-19 at 07:34 PM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi