Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would go with Iron Fist.

The main character was so unlikeable that I ended up rooting for the bad guys.
    The fight scenes involving the aforementioned main character were not very good (approximate technique, sluggish execution), the CG effects weren't much better.

Very underwhelming imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Oh god I blocked those from my memory. For movies I'd go with:
    - Battlefield Earth
    - Wing Commander
    - Joker

TV Shows:
    - The Crow
    - Mortal Kombat
    WTF Joker? that movie is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    WTF Joker? that movie is awesome.
    To be honest, I kind of agree... Everybody I knew was hyping it so much and when I finally saw it, I was more like "What?! That's it..?".

Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie. Yes, Joaquin Phoenix was fantastic but other than that I found the movie slightly above average and not living up to the hype it generated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy00 View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is David Lynch's Mulholland Drive.
    Mulholland Drive is a masterpiece... Inland Empire, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Any movie that turns out to be a dream.

Way to cheapen my experience and to solve an impossible problem just by fucking annihilating the entire cosmos you have established so far. Makes me so damn disappointed.
    Link's Awakening?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Walking Dead.

People doing utterly stupid and irrational things, whose chests are made out of butter that zombies constantly dig through. I watched season 1 and a little bit of season 2 before I called it quits.

Lost.

Every episode, something big and mysterious happens, that is then never brought up again in the following episodes. It was like reading Donald Duck, where every story is it's own universe, totally disconnected from the other stories. Works for Donald Duck, but it got so very tiresome for Lost. Watched season 1 for the scenery.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Link's Awakening?
    I was thinking more about Click, the 2006 movie. I loved it all the way through, until it turns out it was just a prophetic dream, he goes home and behaves in a way that prevents the entire damn plot from ever happening

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Oh god I blocked those from my memory. For movies I'd go with:

- Wing Commander

This one hurt. Probably my favorite PC series growing up, it's even where I got the name I use on this site and in wow for years and it's just awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'd say The Walking Dead.

The premise is neat and S1 was off to a good start but it quickly declined in quality in S2 and pretty much got worse and worse with each season. My closest IRL friend fell off the wagon in S3 and against my better judgment I kept watching until the bit just before Negan got introduced and I was just done with the show at that point. The spinoff was pretty much more of the same.

Thing is you could make a great post-apocalyptic show but the writing was offensively stupid in terms of HOW characters ended up in tricky situations and the characters themselves were just never interestingly written. It was almost soap opera level writing of how a 'good' character would have some near death or revelation type moment only to go down a dark road and eventually be killed off or turned bad.

Part of me was in the mood to rewatch the show a while back because I do like the zombie/post-apocalyptic stuff, but I just can't since the show is 80% people walking and talking in the woods. And it's not super engaging unfortunately, even though it could have been. (Heck, one of my favorite shows ever is Lost and it has a lot of scenes of people talking about how to survive etc but its just more engaging and better done IMO)
    This will be my answer since this is the last actual show I would turn the TV on for.
    I too fell off right before Negan was introduced.

I think for me it was the writing. In season 1 they have an episode and the entire thing revolves around going back and getting a bag of guns they left in the middle of the street.

Fast forward to modern Walking Dead. Rick has an m4 now with loaded mags that he carries around and sprays like crazy and Sasha has German made rifles with mods and Abraham has an m16 and this person has a silenced AK and this person has an AUG and this person has a .50 cal but gets killed off by a walker, this villain has a tank.
    Our survivors are now fighting for territory with an army and this army has randomly appeared and they all have fully loaded military rifles with drum mags and mods and these biker guys are gonna get blown up by Darryl's rocket launcher that he found and carries around and a tiger is gonna proteccc Karl.

Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This one hurt. Probably my favorite PC series growing up...
    Me too... someone needs to reboot or remake something like this instead of tinkering with perfect classics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This one hurt. Probably my favorite PC series growing up, it's even where I got the name I use on this site and in wow for years and it's just awful.
    Have you watched it again anytime recently? I consider it a pretty underrated 90s scifi movie. It's a miracle the movie even exists at all, Chris Roberts himself directs and produces. Some of the acting performances a pretty damn good. I think it falls into a pretty campy type genre now. I don't think it's truly awful, it's in some kind of gray area.

On topic:
    Most recently The Last Jedi. I thought TFA was pretty great and I was excited to see what they were going to do with the characters and the story. TLJ feels like a side quest from completely unrelated characters that looked similar to their TFA selves.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2021-03-21 at 05:51 PM.

Warcraft - Saw a load of 10/10 on here and IMDB so watched it. Absolutely dreadful - it didnt even have a Panda in it.

Thought I might enjoy the Netflix show The Get-Down a lot more than I did. It was horrible and I never made it past the 3rd episode I think.

I am a terrific judge of media relative to my own tastes and very rarely do I "miss" on a piece of media I am looking forward to in some way. I am also extremely good at predicting the success of media among the general public- I am paid to do so as part of my day job.

I have excellent taste.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-03-21 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Artemis Fowl the movie, made by Disney.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I don't get hyped for TV shows and movies all that much. From recent memories I'd say that the Warcraft movie felt the most dissapointing because for its budget and all the material it had I expected it to be way better. You can make some interesting movies with at least some of its stories (Arthas, Illidan etc) yet they picked one of the most blandest stories and manage to make it even worse. Turning so many of the orcs good/honorable while the original orcs were a lot more bloodthirsty and drunk of fel magic that has been corrupting their minds. I can write a book of its many faults, overall it could have been 10x better if only it had better directing and having no interrupts from higher ups who apparently cut like 40 minutes of the movie.

pacific rim, uprising and Starship Troopers for movies

with TV shows, its usually later seasons that end up disappointing me.

I've watched a lot of not so great stuff, but to be actualy disappointed I need to first expect them to be a certain way. so when terrible movie ends up being terrible, I'm fine. but when a movie shows promise only to end up being terrible, or is an adaptation in a name only (I actualy appreciate Starship troopers for what it is, nowadays, but as a standalone that just happens to have similar names, NOT an adaptation)

I try to temper my expectations as much as possible nowadays, but when a show starts out good, then gets even better.... only to jump the shark. I cannot help but be disappointed since at that point its the show itself that set my expectations... only to not live up to its own potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    pacific rim, uprising
    I was actually forward to that movie being a fun and frivolous film with a lot of Kaiju silliness. It was just so bad though. I wasn't super bummed or anything but I did like the trailers with the robots and monsters.

How in the fuck does one go through the trouble of making a Ninja Robot and not have that Ninja Robot kickass?

Thought WW84 was going to be a fun watch like the first one, boy was I wrong! One of the worst movies I've seen in a while.

Sadly it's a tossup between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. I've never quite figured out which is worse. They're both terrible, just in very different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was actually forward to that movie being a fun and frivolous film with a lot of Kaiju silliness. It was just so bad though. I wasn't super bummed or anything but I did like the trailers with the robots and monsters.

How in the fuck does one go through the trouble of making a Ninja Robot and not have that Ninja Robot kickass?
    exactly! that's why it was so damn disappointing for me. between how awesome first movie was, and how dirty they did the returning characters and just that the action was so lacking... I didn't expect it to be super intelligent, thoughtful movie, but I was hoping that it would at least preserve what made the first so awesome. and it didn't.