Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Recently, it was Altered Carbon season 2. It's like the interns took over with half the budget.
    I couldn't even finish it. It felt like such a different show than the first season.

For me it's Game of Thrones easy. I cannot even watch half of the first episode of season 1. How they ended that show has ruined everything Game of Thrones for me, I don't even care about any new projects they are working on because they butchered it.

the walking dead. watched the first episode and never bothered with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I couldn't even finish it. It felt like such a different show than the first season.

For me it's Game of Thrones easy. I cannot even watch half of the first episode of season 1. How they ended that show has ruined everything Game of Thrones for me, I don't even care about any new projects they are working on because they butchered it.
    Yeah, its truly amazing how much the ending just completely shot all interest in the IP. I'm not even curious about how the books will end now.

Most other IP's i like that have hit hard times in terms of quality still produce some okay stuff or stuff I want to like idea wise that just fail in execution. Meanwhile Game of Thrones just....totally wrecked its universe.

Movies:

The Grey
    The Last Jedi

Shows:
    Game of Thrones Season 8

Most of the movies and tv shows made in the last few years. They are getting dumber every year adjusting for the average IQ nowadays.
    If i have to name some its the new Star Wars trilogy and the Star Trek Discovery and Picard. They are such a disappointment.

Law and Order: Organized Crime.

Elliot is Elliot, so he's cool and all. Loved him on SVU. Didn't mind that he left for other shows.

But his new spinoff....

There are so many problems.

1st - The leader of the Organized Crime unit is ridiculous. A token. And it's disgusting. Like, it's Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Captain Holt but offensive, because Captain Holt is a great, well-rounded character who just happens to be Black and Gay. Those traits color his character but he exists as a character beyond those triats. But LaO:OC's Ayanna Bell is a 1-Demensional character who is Black, a Lesbian, an Expectant Mother, and has family who are victimized by the police thanks to BLM problems / Police Brutality. That's all her character is really. She doesn't do much else other than be a token.

2nd - They spend like NO time focusing on the majority of the squad. We know nothing about them. I read a recap of the finale to find out a character who had a grand total of like 5 lines throughout 7 episodes betrayed the team. They just pull it out of their ass at the end. No build up or hints or suggestions. It's like... there were a couple of characters who they spent 0 time developing and when they wrote the finale, they must've flipped a coin to decide who was the mole.

3rd - There is a Mary Sue in the series and it's ridiculous. They've got a 23-year old Hacker, Detective. She's the best Hacker that Stabler has ever worked with. She is quirky. She makes me want to puke. Whoever the fuck invented this character can go sit on a cactus. The team needs a lead? She clacks a few keys and unlocks a door in the investigation.

4th - They had one new character who was EXCELLENTLY written. She was a compelling character. Her character could be a case-study for the writing rule "Show don't tell". Then... she gets killed off by an absolute bitch of a character. Not only that! The episode where she is killed, her character needs to go full on idiot in order to get her into the situation she's in to be killed. She should've seen it coming from a mile away and never been in the situation she was in. The rest of the series, she was painted as a professional and a badass. Then she has to make about 10 stupid decisions (most of which were made offscreen) that get her shot and killed.

5th - The finale... I see a lot of hate. The show should've ended on episode 7 when everyone is arrested and episode 8 makes like no sense and people are trashing it.

Hope it gets prematurely cancelled.

SVU's ratings are slightly lower than Organized Crime and it's on Season 22. The only thing is, Organized Crime might be a bit more expensive of a show than SVU and so it may not be worth keeping on if it continues to perform so poorly during a second season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Equilibrium, so I went to see the director's next project Ultraviolet and wow if that wasn't about the worst thing I ever saw in a theater until a few years later when a promising looking trailer and talented cast bamboozled me into watching the incredibly god awful rudderless nightmare they call Prometheus.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Star Trek Picard

Basically let’s add every shitty idea into Star Treks best series mean while adding a lot of characters that make no sense, and are unimportant to anyone with good sense.

I mean I kind of hated Star Trek Discovery. But at least they did something different. So I tried to like this.

I subscribed to Paramount+ to watch Picard and the more I watched the worse it got. Episode 1,9, and 10 were the only episodes that in anyway mattered to the entire plot

3/10 or a D
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The "Librarians."
    The show was based on a series of TV movies where the protagonist is modeled after Indiana Jones, the first one "The Librarian" is actually quite good (IMHO). The other two movies get progressively worse. Too bad the TV show was even worse.

Mine would be:

Heroes Reborn.

Wonder Woman. It was so boring and predictable, I nearly turned it off halfway through. As I happened to be on a plane so there was nothing else to do. Many superhero movies are like this.

Westworld series, the season 1 was amazing.

Then season 2 was not as good little weird but ok.

Then season 3 was total crap... like, puke worthy dumb cringe crap.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Man this spoke to me and I have to second it. The whole season 3 was like.... everything they built up in the previous seasons they either stopped treating it seriously (ex: Bernard shutting down Ashley Stubbs and then Ashley turns back on fully aware that he was shut down and reprogrammed and tells Bernard "fuck you".) or started over glorifying it like Dolores' arc where they just made her full invincible except for the very end which was done purely to give spotlight to Maeve.
    Williams arc was also disappointing and its a shame because frankly he is one of if not the most interesting characters the show had and they could have done so much more with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Watchmen movie, 2009. The only movie I would have walked out on if it wasn't for my buddy insisting we'd finish it (he liked it).

It probably wasn't because it was a bad movie, I just expected something completely different after watching a trailer, and I was unaware of the source material.
    Reason for me almost walking out was because the tempo of that movie is soooooo slow and everything felt unnecessarily stretched out and random. The insane runtime made it even worse (160min).

Tho I'd admit I could probably watch it again today and have a completely different opinion about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

I didn't finish season 3.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The Last Jedi.
    This. A movie so bad it poisoned the entire franchise itself

Walking out of TLJ, I felt like I did walking out of terminator 3 all those years ago. That the magic was gone. Terminator never found its footing again, and short of the mandalorian, neither has Star Wars

Sometimes, the damage can be done and that’s that

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Resort movie. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I think the most disappointing show I have seen has to be the reboot of Voltron.

It starts out great, with rather strong first and second seasons, but then they kill Zarkon, the show's BBEG, at the end of season 2, but at the end of the last episode, we see Zarkon on life support. On season three, we get introduced to Zarkon's son, who is someone who apparently disagrees with his father, and forms a truce with the Voltron team. It's at that moment the show begins to spin its wheels, because we're left without a BBEG (Zakron is STILL on life support) so the episodes are mostly fluff that goes nowhere, and the ones that actually do go somewhere, do little to progress the plot (what plot?).

Zarkon is revived at the end of Season Three, and three episodes into Season Four, he retakes command of his troops. Good. Good? Nah. Because Zarkon is again killed (this time for good) at the beginning of Season Five. And again the show is left with its wheels spinning as we're left without a "bad guy". We have the return of a character that mysteriously disappeared at the end of Season Two. There is intrigue, but nothing worthwhile. In my opinion, past Season Three, the show became completely aimless, and lost most, if not all of its luster for me.

What pisses me off about the show is how Shiro is handled by the end of the show. Throughout the show we see hints that he might be gay/bisexual, as we see some flashbacks with him and a roommate, possibly lover or brother. It's never specified. Who was left on Earth. One of the Voltron team's desires is to be able to return home. When they return home, Shiro finds that his partner died in the war, as the Voltron's enemies arrived to Earth first. At the end of the show, in the epilogue sliders, we found out that Shiro not only "got better" of his war-induced depression, but he found happiness by marrying a guy [B]we have never seen in the show until that very moment[/B].

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This. A movie so bad it poisoned the entire franchise itself
    I can't say I understand this take, the hate for Last Jedi has always confused me. The four movies before it were all terrible, the three prequels and Force Awakens, but its Last Jedi that foots the blame. I actually liked it, out of the six main franchise movies (Rogue One is great) they made since Return of the Jedi, its the only one I like, it tried so hard to undo pointless JJ bullshit only for "somehow Palpatine has returned" to herald the return to terribleness.

The Force Awakens is probably a good one for this thread, that one was a real stinker, and there had been at least some mild hope it wouldn't be. I had no expectations after that so no chance at being disappointed.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I can't say I understand this take, the hate for Last Jedi has always confused me. The four movies before it were all terrible, the three prequels and Force Awakens, but its Last Jedi that foots the blame. I actually liked it, out of the six main franchise movies (Rogue One is great) they made since Return of the Jedi, its the only one I like, it tried so hard to undo pointless JJ bullshit only for "somehow Palpatine has returned" to herald the return to terribleness.

The Force Awakens is probably a good one for this thread, that one was a real stinker, and there had been at least some mild hope it wouldn't be. I had no expectations after that so no chance at being disappointed.
    I would describe TLJ as a star wars film for people who hate or don't get SW. SW fans will hate it because it literally takes a dump on the lore, the franchise, and everything beforehand.

People who dislike SW tho, love it because it isn't SW and deconstructs the entire saga.

TFA at least felt like a star wars movie, where as TLJ did not. It was so bad it made me nostalgic for those awful prequels, which are all 3 (including the awful part 2) vastly better than TLJ.

TLJ is only comparable to films like Terminator 3, jaws 3d, rocky 5, indiana jones 4.... and other films so bad that they literally killed the franchise overnight. Star wars will never regain the ground it had PRIOR to TLJ launching. Let that sink in before you argue it was a "good" film. It literally damaged the entire franchise it was so bad.

5+ Year Old Account
    Has to be Matrix Reloaded.

For all the other huge garbages like GoT Season 8, Live Action Mulan the new Mortal Kombat, SOLO, TLJ and RoS I knew it was going to be bad so I was not disappointed. Kell I expected Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to be worse than it was if you can believe it.

But Matrix 2? That was a slap in the face. How can they not understand not only what made the first movie so good but basic storytelling principles? Hoooow?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post

People who dislike SW tho, love it because it isn't SW and deconstructs the entire saga.
    No it doesn't. It just subverts things for shits and giggles. Knights of the Old Republic II is a deconstruction of not only Star Wars but RPG clichés as a whole. And fans love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Has to be Matrix Reloaded.

For all the other huge garbages like GoT Season 8, Live Action Mulan the new Mortal Kombat, SOLO, TLJ and RoS I knew it was going to be bad so I was not disappointed. Kell I expected Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to be worse than it was if you can believe it.

But Matrix 2? That was a slap in the face. How can they not understand not only what made the first movie so good but basic storytelling principles? Hoooow?!

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't. It just subverts things for shits and giggles. Knights of the Old Republic II is a deconstruction of not only Star Wars but RPG clichés as a whole. And fans love it.
    i didn't mean it as a compliment. It was kinda more of an insult to it. Because it deconstructs it, and fails to put the pieces back together in anyway so all you're left with is a film that breaks the entire lore of SW and tarnishes the entire saga, IMO.

to properly deconstruct and re-assemble the saga, you have to first know it up and down and understand it at the deepest levels and TLJ does not do any of that. it's a SW film for people who hate SW