Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maple my freshman year in college (1996). Hated that program.

*searches thread for software I wrote*

No Results. Phew.

Any CD writing software that would crash midway and brick your CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows Navigator... You young ones maybe don;t remember but as someone who had a Packard Bell PC back in 1993 it was anything but easy to navigate :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Citrix, <-- fuck this fucking ancient piece of crap shoved down our throats because some Big ISP's wanted to cut corners a decade ago.
    Doesn't help that the majority of TC's are run by glorified accountants that think cost management = build one server in the arse end of fkn nowhere and link EVERYTHING AND THEIR MOTHER to it.

But seriously FUCK CITRIX.

you want to know how sucky this pos is...

It has it's own urban dictionary page

Citrix
    Better known as "Shitrix", this thin client system lags like you wouldn't believe, and loses your data and locks your session if your program crashes. Which it does. Frequently. Can't even run the same program twice.

You often have to wait up to 10 seconds for keypresses to register when connected to the servers.
    "I've got a crashed session on Citrix. Need admin to close it for me."

"'Shitrix' is lame, I want a proper system."

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Citrix
    Yep that and Avaya. Then the force you to use a 10 year old pc that has 3 gb ram and wonder why it freezes every 10 min.

Firefox, Had a total C%&t of a college professor that forced everyone to use it in her class because she claims that a Woman designed and it was totally better for that reason alone, she was a super Woke Leftist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head, iTunes on Windows, Skype, Overwolf hearthstone decktracker, and this fitness app I installed the other day where the first thing I was greeted with was a 30 second video ad, immediately uninstalled.

Oh yeah and Norton AV in the early days, not something I ever used but a program that fucked up every single computer bought from PC World from the get go.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2020-12-02 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flash....

Well anything from Adobe. It crashed my pc so many times.

5+ Year Old Account
    SAP in my company.

Absolutely non intuitive piece of software, though I don't know if it's SAP itself or if it's how the individual modules are configured by the customer.

I skipped windows Vista but i had to use windows 8.0 and 8.1 on work PCs - it was god awful.
    It was like someone designed a UI for touch-screen tablets and then forced it onto mouse & keyboard PC users.

Luckily there are programs like Open-Shell-Menu (from github) that restore functionality and optimize UI for actual mouse & keyboard pc users.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    The ati catalyst thing they had a while back. I had numerous problems trying to get it to download and install drivers correctly, its what drove me to be a nvidia only buyer. Idgaf how good their cards are now, that experience was the worst.
    This was my answer. AMD drivers were unironically my worst experience with software. Nvidia's software is just so good that it makes it scary to think about AMD.

Certain mod managers for games are up there on the list, but that's not uncommon.

90% of Unity games. I'm not sure if it is framework's problem or it is simply too easy to get into so it attracts horrible programmers, but lots of pretty basic and simple in graphics games written in it eat memory worse than Chrome and load GPU more than Crysis. And on note about memory-eaters: that thing I've just mentioned - Chrome.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    90% of Unity games. I'm not sure if it is framework's problem or it is simply too easy to get into so it attracts horrible programmers, but lots of pretty basic and simple in graphics games written in it eat memory worse than Chrome and load GPU more than Crysis. And on note about memory-eaters: that thing I've just mentioned - Chrome.
    Unity is easy to get into and there are plenty of free assets around. Also tons of resources and tutorials. So every kid who types "how to make videogames" in google will run into Unity and we end up with those abominations of "games".

In my opinion they really should get rid of the "made with Unity" splash screen which always appears if the game was built with free version of Unity. Harms their brand because many people will associate Unity with shitty games because of it. But there are also better games made with Unity like Hearthstone and Escape from Tarkov

I'm not talking about just random trash games, many several years long running games on Unity - i.e. something clearly professional - are horrible resource hogs. Tarkov is on Unity? I didn't play it, but from what I've seen that sounds impressive and is a good example of doing something on Unity right.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Origin.

Anything that included StarForce close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Jesus christ outside of maybe Norton I've never seen such a soul sucking performance stealing program that did basically nothing of real use in all of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norton Virus Scanner, legit was more then shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Windows 10?

In most cases the worst programs ever made - are programs, that are made for government by 3rd parties. They were ordered via tenders, i.e. via "low price >> quality" principle. It's crap, like sport DB with crappy interface, where it was really hard to input lots of data, that could lose all data and force you to enter it all again. Or video converter for video cloud surveillance system, that was failing to convert video or was producing broken video, it couldn't upload to cloud then.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    GeForce Experience.
    HOLLA FOR DA TOP DOLLA

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldSullivan View Post
    Jesus christ outside of maybe Norton I've never seen such a soul sucking performance stealing program that did basically nothing of real use in all of my life.
    Norton Commander (I mean DOS console version) was cool, but then became shit around version 5 (IIRC - the one where they made fancier design). (DOS) Utilities suite was good too.