Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Windows. lol

Windows ME in particular was a special evil. Also, the commercial version of Windows 10 that 99% of the users have is miserable, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I would say Paint - just too basic for me
    Bruh, MS Paint is the greatest software of all time. I've used it since Windows 95. It's so much easier than Photoshop.

The worst computer program is BonziBuddy, hands down.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from Windwos, I would say McBooks and Apple OS. Oh man, the torment of using an Apple OS is beyond my descriptive abilities.

IMO, it seems it is designed for brain-dead people; or zombies!

With using PC(WIN/LINUX) and MAC the last 30 years, the biggest outlier was the Mac OS X Finder without "merge folders".

It was added in 2011 and if was of course bugged also, 20+ years after every other OS.

MACs were dumbed down to smart phone levels, before smart phones existed. No words
    -

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    SAP in my company.

Absolutely non intuitive piece of software, though I don't know if it's SAP itself or if it's how the individual modules are configured by the customer.

This as well, fortunately I have been spared from the need to use it too much. The same thing applies to whatever program that utterly discards and spits on the de facto principles of user interface (including the common keyboard shortcuts).

And honorary mentions to any piece of desktop software that has been developed by those "mobile first" fucknuts. MS Teams some versions ago was a prime example of this crap. Everything in one single window, no chances of resizing the sidebar... Not saying it's any good today, but at least spares you from brain cancer for the first 15 minutes of use. Just avoid this crap and anything with the word 'SharePoint' linked to it at all cost.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say the worst would either be McAfee or Norton. They take over your entire system and are nearly impossible to fully uninstall and get your registry back.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    SAP. There is nothing that can compare to SAP.

"Official" nicknames:
    Slow And Painful
    Such A Pain
    Suck A Pri...... (You get it)

I don't even think anyone knows what it stands for anymore.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

WoW Launcher, ruined my life.

ITunes without a doubt. Total trash.

Also if you ever had a PC that had that McAfee shit all on it... my god total trash..

I am using windows for many years but in these currently years ,i am using linux and my experience is good on it because its good for developers and using commands on it feels you great now, i am thinking that why i was using windows many years .
    For my opinion if i compare linux and windows :
    i recommend you to use linux if you are developer or loving code .

10+ Year Old Account
    Kindle app for Windows...

Holy shit, it's so bugged I had to struggle through it, every time I wanted to reopen a book.

Sure there are plenty other shit apps and such, but Amazon with all its $$ and tech pulls out that barely functioning PoS? Really?

I have no clue what it was called, but the C++ class I had to take in college was one of the worst experiences in my life and had it not been for the amazing student teachers I would have bombed that class so damn bad. Whatever the program we used to build the Code can go fuck right off.

I tried using the Netflix desktop app (out of curiosity) several years ago and it was absolute garbage at the time. No idea how well it fares nowadays, but if I'm on a desktop or laptop, I'm going to the website.

Beyond that, probably Blender, and only because I learned 3D on another program first and its work flow and UI made zero sense after doing so, but if I was fresh and had no prior instruction, Blender is probably fine as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    90% of Unity games. I'm not sure if it is framework's problem or it is simply too easy to get into so it attracts horrible programmers, but lots of pretty basic and simple in graphics games written in it eat memory worse than Chrome and load GPU more than Crysis. And on note about memory-eaters: that thing I've just mentioned - Chrome.
    Yeah it's not Unity's fault, it's not the best, but it's still a solid engine. It's just the easy of use and availability that makes it too easy for complete amateurs to get their games out.

In terms of publicly available software, a database management tool called Toad, made by Dell (or, a subsidiary of Dell at least), is by far the worst.
    This program would regularly fail to resolve queries, and crash if you loaded a table which was only a few hundred records. God forbid you want to run a DB function. Absolute trash, and this is from only about 6 years ago. If you think iTunes is/was trash, you ain't seen nothing.

Appcelerator also deserves a mention. Even as a senior developer, I absolutely refuse to work with this ever again. Requiring an account in order to access a project is common with the likes of Github, Bitbucket, and other solutions. Requiring an account even though you've got the code, just so you can access the local API's and plugins is trash. It's sort of like "This code is ours, but you're locking it away behind a login which is completely irrelevant to actually being able to do my job".

In terms of a common enemy, Siebel. CRM is difficult to do well, but this program was overloaded even at the stock configuration. It'd randomly crash, and it tended to require browser plugins that only worked for Internet Explorer. Enterprises and corporations being the way they are, it meant that you were often stuck with a version of IE that was 3 major versions behind the more current. It was notoriously slow even at the best of times, and incredibly convoluted to use. Ever been trying to deal with a customer issue over the phone, only to get 90% of the way through a long process and then Siebel crashes on you, leaving this open case in their account which you now can't access, and having to start over? Bonus points was when you got told to 'get out of wrap' (which is lingo for dealing with work for a customer case after the call is finished) because you've had to go through the entire process again.

SAP gets a mention too. It wasn't nearly as bad as Siebel for stability, but it's slow, with the UI being completely unintuitive, and definitely feels like a relic of the past.

There's 1 more honorable mention. I can't say the name, but a certain utility company made use of an old-school java program for managing customer accounts. The interface wasn't great, but it wasn't difficult to use. Problem is that like so many java programs before it, it would randomly fail to repaint the screen at times leaving nothing but a 90's Windows-style grey window with no UI, or just crash with an out of memory exception. It'd sometimes do this even while it was idle. If that ain't a sign of a significant memory leak, I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by kerlly Butler View Post
    I am using windows for many years but in these currently years ,i am using linux and my experience is good on it because its good for developers and using commands on it feels you great now, i am thinking that why i was using windows many years .
    For my opinion if i compare linux and windows :
    i recommend you to use linux if you are developer or loving code .
    Alternatively, stick with Windows and just use WSL/WSL2 and have the best of both worlds for development, gaming, and just about anything else.

The EA games launcher, Origin. I only managed to launch a game via Origin a handful of times.

15+ Year Old Account
    my top 5 would be:

1. rockstar launcher
    1. Mcafee/norton
    3. EA origin
    4. internet explorer (old version)
    5. skype

just about everything in this is list is buggy, doesn't update or updates are usually a downgrade. IE existed only to download chrome/firefox. I could never say anything positive about origins, it's slow, buggy and you can never see any information you actually want, it's a type of software with the same 'everyone can use this' design philosophy behind it that makes it unusable if you want to do something a bit more technical/advanced than most users would,which makes it pure garbage. I do not want software to think for me, unless I specifically set it up to do so, and this goes also for skype.

But the worst piece of (modern) software I've had to use recently was the rockstar launcher. this piece of crap is so insultingly bad that it should never have been made in the first place. It's buggy, slow, updates are exclusively downgrades and it NEVER, EVER did what it was designed for. Every single time I tried to play RDR2 it bugged out, crashed or didn't start up at all. I tried several fixes and spent a significant amount of time on it because I really wanted to play RDR2, but it just didn't work. I eventually deleted RDR2 and the launcher out of frustration and will never buy another rockstar game again until I can run a game with just steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    ArcGIS

/10char
    This can also be pretty bad, but at least if you know what you are doing, it does what it's supposed to do.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Discord - eycandy piece of s***.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Norton Virus Scanner, legit was more then shit.
    Norton Anti-Virus: When you'd rather have the virus.
    Putin khuliyo

Every single VPN that's failed to deliver what it promises. Last one: ExpressVpN.

Oh, and The Sims 3 was pretty damned terrible when it was new. For the pet expansion pack, they released an engine where you could preview the creation possibilities for pets.

Installed it, and it literally wiped all my saved data, all my created stuff, everything. Nevermind the crashes and overall just shitty performance. But man were they quick on releasing store shit...